Dental treatments are usually not covered under the comprehensive health insurance plans in India. This is mainly because dental treatment is considered a cosmetic treatment, a permanent exclusion in most health insurance plans in the country. However, there are some ways in which you can get insurance for dental treatment in India. Take a look at this article to know more.
What is a Dental Treatment?
Dental treatment can be categorized into two sub-categories:
- Cosmetic Reasons: Most of the dental procedures carried out in the country are because of cosmetic reasons. People who have crooked or unaligned teeth opt for dental procedures to fix their smiles. This is not considered a health issue, so you do not commonly find insurance for dental treatment in India. The cosmetic dental procedures include tooth extraction for aesthetic reasons, implants, braces, etc.
- Health Reasons: The other reason people seek dental procedures is for any health reason. If you have an accident and your teeth get harmed, you need to get them fixed. Also, dental infections, tumors, etc., often show up, requiring urgent medical attention. Such procedures are categorized as health-related dental problems.
Some comprehensive plans that offer health insurance with dental cover make room for the required dental procedures due to health reasons. You need to check with your insurance provider to see what is allowed in your health plan.
Dental Health Insurance for Accidents:
As stated, some health insurance plans allow you to make a health claim if you need an emergency dental procedure due to an accident or a severe health issue such as a severe tooth infection that leads to secondary disorders. Most of these require you to get admitted to the hospital and spend a night there, and only after that are you allowed to make a teeth insurance claim.
Dental Insurance options in India?:
If you are looking for dental insurance covers in India, here are some excellent options for you:
- Dental insurance plans: Some health insurance companies offer dental cover as part of comprehensive medical plans. You can look to get a comprehensive health plan with a dental cover in place. Most of these plans ask you to wait out a waiting period and then offer the dental cover. Also, only a percentage of your sum insured is available as dental cover. The best plans that offer this cover are the Star Health Comprehensive Plan, Bharti AXA Health AdvantEdge (Royal & Apex Plan), and the Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Gold Plan.
- OPD procedures: If your health plan doesn't offer dental cover, you can still make a few claims. All you have to do is make a claim under the OPD expenses. Most comprehensive health plans have an OPD cover benefit. Make use of this cover by claiming the dental expenses carried out as OPD procedures in hospitals and clinics.
- Standalone dental insurance plans: A standalone dental insurance plan is your next option. Though rare, there are some exclusive dental insurance plans available in India these days. The packages available from MyDentalPlan are one of the options here.
Explore these options, and you may find an option for the best dental insurance in India.
Reasons why Dental Insurance is important?
Oral health is a very crucial part of your health. This is why you should visit your dentist regularly to ensure your mouth and teeth are safe and healthy. Also, aesthetics is essential, and a faulty smile may dent your confidence. Consequently, you may need dental treatment to get your best look back. This is why you need dental insurance. Here's a detailed look:
- Cover for expensive procedures: Dental procedures can get very expensive. To have a suitable financial backup, you need to have a dental health insurance cover in place. The dental health insurance covers usually offer coverage for all dental procedures, including tooth extractions and dental surgeries.
- Cover for health reasons: As stated, dental issues can lead to other severe health conditions. This is why you need dental insurance to get the issues sorted without worrying about the expenses. People tend to ignore their dental problems and then, those problems lead to severe health conditions. Avoid this and keep your oral health in check with an excellent dental insurance cover.
- Helps to keep you fit overall: Dental check-ups are essential components of your overall health check-ups. Make sure you go in for regular dental assessments. Get dental health insurance coverage so that you can afford it efficiently.
- Easy to buy: Health insurance is readily available online these days. You can go online, do your research, compare, and find the best dental insurance in India. You can also pay the premium and buy the plan online quickly, safely, and straightforwardly.
Choose the best health coverage that provides dental health insurance. As you can see from the points mentioned above, it is important to have dental insurance in India, including dental implant insurance coverage. Go online, compare the insurance covers, and choose the best option for yourself.
Must read: How to compare best Health Insurance Plan?
To Wrap it up:
Investing in good dental health insurance provides coverage and keeps your health secured in a wholesome manner. As you can see, dental insurance is available in various forms. Make a list of your requirements and see what type of coverage suits you the best. Then, compare the options and find the most suitable form of health insurance that offers good dental cover. You can opt for a comprehensive health plan with a dental cover or opt for a standalone dental insurance package. You can get the cover for yourself or your entire family, depending on what your needs are. You must read the policy document carefully before you purchase a policy.
Disclaimer: The information published in this article is for reader′s reference only. Content of this information is to provide an overview of your health insurance needs and should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice The makes no representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information, services, or any other items mentioned on this subject for any purpose whatsoever.