Acko Health Insurance offers various types of health insurance plans that are valid for a specific period, which can be for 1, 2, or 3 years, depending on the policy term selected by the policyholder. The policyholders should renew their Acko health insurance coverage from time to time to continue receiving the benefits of the policy. Generally, Acko health insurance offers a 15 days grace period to the policyholder to renew their Acko health insurance plans.
As per IRDA (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India), health insurance companies must always renew the policyholder's health insurance except in cases of fraud, misrepresentation, or moral hazard, which includes buying a health insurance policy for false claims.
Benefits of Acko Health Insurance Renewal
There are many benefits of renewing your Acko health insurance plan. Some of them are as follows:
- No Policy Lapse
- Lifelong Renewability Benefit
- Continued Health Coverage
- No Claim Bonus Cycle Remain Intact
- Avail Cashless Medical Treatment at the Network Hospital
- Waiting Period Will Get Shorter with Each Renewal
- Tax Benefit under Section 80D
- Annual Preventive Health Checkup
List of Acko Health Insurance Plans Available in India
Below mentioned is the list of health insurance plans offered by Acko Health Insurance in India:
- Acko Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
- Acko Group Health Insurance Plan
What Happens If You Do Not Renew Your Acko Health Insurance Plan?
Below mentioned are the things that may happen if you do not renew your acko health insurance plan on time:
- Your Acko Health policy will be lapse
- You will not be able to raise the claim
- You will lose the NCB benefit
- You have served a longer waiting period again
- Your acko health insurance premium may be increase
- You must undergo pre-medical test again
Acko Health Insurance Grace Period
This time period reminds you to renew your Acko health insurance plan as soon as possible without sacrificing the benefits mentioned above. The grace period starts as soon as your Acko health insurance plan expires. Remember that you can file a claim only when your Acko health policy is active and not during the grace period.
Acko Health Insurance provides a grace period of 15 to 30 days to renew your Acko Health Insurance plan. If you have not renewed your health plan within this period, you will lose all the benefits and will have to buy a new health insurance plan. As a result, it is wise to renew the health insurance before it expires.
How To Avoid Acko Health Insurance Policy Lapsation?
Below mentioned are the tips that will help you in renewing your Acko health insurance plan and avoid policy lapsing:
- Simply set a reminder on your phone regarding the renewal of your Acko health insurance policy.
- Nowadays, people are reluctant to answer calls from unknown numbers for fear of spam. You can install any available application that lets you see who is calling before you answer. This will enable you to determine if the insurer is calling to remind you that your health plan is about to expire.
- Acko health insurance also sends renewal reminder to the policyholder so that you will not miss your Acko health insurance renewal date.
Acko Health Insurance Renewal Process
Below mentioned are the steps to renew your Acko health insurance plans online:
- Acko health insurance will send a renewal mail to your registered email Id from (email@example.com).
- In that email, you will find the Acko health policy renewal link.
- Click on that link and make payment.
- Acko health insurance will send the renewed policy at your registered email address within 24 hours.
Acko Health Insurance Offline Renewal
You can also renew your Acko General Insurance health insurance plan offline. You should share your requirements with Acko Health Insurance Company by calling the toll-free number: 1800-2662-256.
Note: You can contact our POSP advisor to renew your Acko health insurance plan.
Important Things To Remember While Renewing Your Acko Health Insurance Plan
Never forget to renew your Acko health insurance plan before it expires. This will ensure continuing protection and no loss of discounts. Here are some of the things that we should remember while renewing acko health insurance plan:
- Always check the terms and conditions of the health plan
- Keep track of your acko health insurance renewal date
- Buy additional add-on riders
- Re-evaluate your needs and requirements
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Is renewing acko health insurance is mandatory?
Answer: No, buying or renewing health insurance is not mandatory.
Question: Can I set auto renewal of my health insurance policy?
Answer: Yes, you can set auto renewal, but it will not be a good idea for you as you might want to make some changes in the health plan as per your current lifestyle.