It is straightforward to track health insurance claims nowadays. You can easily do so online in just a couple of minutes. You can also check the claim status offline by contacting your insurance provider. It is essential to know the status of your health insurance claim so that you can estimate the date by which the amount will reach you. Getting a health insurance claim is the most crucial reason you buy the health plan in the first place. This is why you must always try to get the claim. Take a look at this article to know more about health insurance claims and how you can track and get it faster.
Step by Step Process to Check the Claim Status Online
It is effortless to check the health insurance claim status online. All you have to do is:
- Visit the website of your health insurance provider
- Click on the "file claim" option
- Then, select the option related to "check claim status".
- Enter your details which include your policy number, your customer ID, your claim number, and your date of birth, among others
- Hit the "Submit" button
- Track claim status then and thereby viewing the information that gets splashed on your screen instantly.
As you can see, it is a swift and easy process to know your claim status online. You can do this remotely at any time and immediately get the results.
Check your Claim Status Offline:
If for some reason, you don't have access to the internet, or you are not too tech-savvy, you can check your health insurance claim status offline as well. For this, you have to:
- Visit the branch of your health insurance provider
- Once there, inform them of your customer ID, policy number, claim number, date of birth, etc., and they will retrieve the data
- Else, you can also call the customer support helpline and provide the required information. Once done, the customer support executive will let you know of your exact health insurance claim status.
Knowing your health claim status offline is convenient and straightforward as well, so you can get it whenever you need it.
Handy Tips to Get Health Insurance Claim Faster:
If you want to get your health insurance claim processed quickly and smoothly, here are some handy tips to help you along the way:
- Choose Insurer: First and foremost, you need to choose the health insurance provider. The insurer you choose should have a healthy claim settlement ratio. Unless you find an insurer with a high claim settlement record, you also won't be assured of getting the claim yourself. When you compare and buy health insurance, do not base your decision on the policy's price alone. Also, consider the rating and credibility of the insurer as this will help in the long run.
- Be aware of the clauses: Every health insurance plan has a set of clauses and some exclusions. Read the terms and conditions carefully and be aware of what the exclusions are. If you cannot claim a specific illness or condition, do not file for it in the first place. Making unnecessary claims will not help. Instead, do your research and find a policy that would match your requirements. If that is done and you are eligible to make a claim, file it to get it processed smoothly.
- File your claim properly: There is a particular procedure to file a health insurance claim. If you want a cashless claim, you compulsorily have to go to a network hospital. If you want a reimbursement form, you need to inform the insurer, fill out the claim form, get the documents, and file your claim. In case there is an error in this step, your claim may even get rejected.
- Submit the documents: For reimbursement of health insurance claims, a long list of documents is needed. Every document is needed, and you have to submit them with care. Look at the website of your insurance provider to know which exact documents are needed. Then, get them and file them appropriately. Only after you submit all the documents, the health insurance company begins to process your claim.
- Follow up: You need to follow up after you submit the claim request. Track claim status regularly and keep calling up the insurance company if needed. At times, being persistent is the only option. Fortunately, under the watch of the IRDAI, health insurance companies in India do not hold back the health insurance claims if the documents are in place and if the claim is a valid one.
Keep the points mentioned above in mind, and you will not have any problems with your health insurance claim. Check the health insurance claim status regularly to stay informed.
The bottom line:
A health insurance plan helps you out immensely when there is a medical emergency in the family. With a health cover in place, you can get the best treatment at the best hospital without having to worry about the expenses.
However, you need to ensure that you get the health insurance claim, as, without that, your health cover will have no value. Follow the rules of the health plan and file your claim correctly and effectively. Submit the required documents and adhere to the timelines as well. Once that is done, track claim status to see what's happening with the claim. Speak to the insurer if needed and ensure the claim is processed smoothly. Thankfully, the health insurance companies in India are excellent and professional and if everything is in place, getting a health insurance plan is never a challenge.
Disclaimer: The information published in this article is for reader′s reference only. The content of this information is to provide an overview of your life insurance needs. It should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions, and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice. The makes no representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information, services, or any other items mentioned on this subject for any purpose whatsoever.