Health insurance becomes essential thing in our life as it provides financial protection in case of medical emergencies. It is important to renew your health insurance plan before its expiry date so that you can continue to get all the coverage benefits like waiting period benefit, no claim bonus etc. under your health insurance plan. For this, you need to pay your health insurance premium on time, which may be different from what you paid for the previous policy term.
Star Health Insurance offers an easy renewal process as customers can renew their health insurance plan without any hassle. You can renew your Star health insurance plans after each policy term. It offers various payment options so that you can renew your health plan online.
Benefits of Renewing Star Health Insurance
Below mentioned are some of the benefits of star health online renewal:
- No Waiting Periods
- Uninterrupted Coverage
- Provides Flexibility
- No Claim Bonus Benefits
- No Waiting Period: Every health insurance plan comes with a waiting period of 2-4 years for specific diseases like cataract, thyroid related diseases etc. When you renew your health insurance policy on time, you will be allowed to use the coverage for specific diseases and illnesses when the waiting period has been successfully completed.
- Uninterrupted Coverage: If you renew your star health insurance plan on time, you and your family will have access to hassle-free coverage for unexpected medical emergencies.
- Provides Flexibility: You can customize your star health insurance plan as per your needs and requirements at the time of renewal. Moreover, you can upgrade the policy terms, add, or remove family members, or add available rider options.
- No Claim Bonus Benefits: Star Health Insurance offers No Claim Bonus up to a maximum of 50% of the Sum Insured for each claim free year up to maximum of 100% of the Sum insured. Not renewing your Star Health Plan will result in losing the No Claim Bonus that you have accumulated till date.
List of Star Health Insurance Plans
Below mentioned is the total list of star health insurance plans available in India:
- Star Women Care Insurance Policy
- Star Comprehensive Insurance Policy
- Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
- Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
- Star Health Premier Insurance Policy
- Star Super Surplus Insurance Policy
- Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy
- Star Health Gain Insurance Policy
- Star Criticare Plus Insurance
- Star Health Insurance Young Star Plan
- Star Health Insurance Health Assure Plan
Star Health Insurance Renewal Process
Star health insurance offers simple and hassle-free renewal process. Below mentioned are the steps to renew your star health insurance plan:
- Visit the official website of “Star Health Insurance”.
- Select the “Renewal” option from the top menu.
- On the next page, Fill in all your policy details along with the DOB (date of birth).
- Click on the “Proceed” button.
- On the next page, you will see the amount that you need to pay. Moreover, you can also customize the star health plan as per your needs.
- Once the payment is done, the star health insurance company will send the policy details to your registered e-mail address.
Star Health Insurance Offline Renewal Process
In case you are unable to renew your Star Health Plan online, you can visit the nearest branch of Star Health Insurance where you can renew your health plan.
Note: You can get in touch with our POSP advisor to renew your star health insurance plan.
How to Avoid Star Health Insurance Plan Lapsation?
You can avoid star health insurance policy lapse by following the below mentioned steps:
- Keep track of your star health insurance policy renewal dates.
- Activate your auto debit premium payment option.
- Avail the facility of reminders via email or SMS.
Star Health Insurance Grace Period
Star Health Insurance offers a grace period of 30 days to renew your Star Health Insurance plan. For example: If a policyholder fails to pay his health insurance premium on time, he has one chance to pay the pending premium amount within the grace period.
However, during this period, policyholder cannot get any coverage benefit during the grace period but can secure the benefits that he/she availed in the previous policy year.