Health Insurance for Women in India
Indian women are continuously blossoming into successful contributors to the family as well as the society. There was a time when women were not considered worthy enough to have an insurance policy for themselves, let alone health insurance plans. Women health has been a sidelined issue for several years. But the fact is that women require health insurance plans as much as others.
Women health requires greater care because they are more prone to stress, certain types of cancer and go through a tough phase to give birth. If you are one of those women, who run back and forth between jobs and family responsibilities, it is likely that you are not paying enough attention to your health. That only adds to magnify your health issues and it is a wise decision to be prepared than to suffer financially and emotionally.
Keeping in mind the rising need of health insurance for women in India, several insurance giants in India have come up with exclusive policies. But before delving into women health insurance policies, have a look at the compelling reasons as to why women require health insurance plans.
- Increased Susceptibility to Heart Diseases:
- A study conducted by Saffola Lite for a period of three years in India has come up with the report that 3 out of 5 women, among the 51.7 thousand urban female subjects are likely to develop cardiovascular disease.
- Also, this disease does not discriminate between housewives and working women.
- This is an alarming signal which points to the need to address this glaring problem. Many health insurances for women provide coverages for cardiovascular diseases as it is the prime critical illness suffered by Indian women according to popular studies.
- Gestational Diabetes and Reproductive Health:
- Currently, 4 out of 10 Indian women are likely to develop diabetes during pregnancy, also known as gestational diabetes. The proportions range from 3.8% in Kashmir to 17.9% in Tamil Nadu.
- Maternal mortality during childbirth is still high in India, accounting for 130 deaths per year for every 1 lakh live births.
- Health insurance for women with low income are of great help to provide maternity cover.
- Higher Risk of Cancer:
- Indian women account for most incidents for breast cancer, cervical and ovarian cancer. Lack of awareness, insufficient medical amenities and lack of treatment funds add to the suffering of cancer patients.
- Health insurance best companies offer comprehensive health insurance for women that look after the treatment costs of specific types of cancer.
How to Choose the Best Health Insurance for Women
While taking a health insurance for women in India, it is important to evaluate certain factors to ascertain optimum health coverage and affordable women health insurance costs. Whether you are a woman, or you care for women in your family, best women health insurance buy can ensure the happiness and financial safety of the entire family. While buying health insurance for women in India, always keep the below points in mind:
- Look for Maternity Coverage:
No woman should be deprived of proper medical aid during maternity due to lack of funds. Taking a health insurance for women with maternity cover can meet specified maternity expenses within the lowest waiting period.
- Insurance Against Specific Diseases:
Many critical illness health insurance policies offer coverage against diseases that can afflict women and may require expensive treatment. Choose the best plans in women health insurance to receive maximum coverage.
- Cancer Protection:
Women health insurance best policy offers coverage against cancer that exclusively affects women. From pre/post-hospitalization costs to hospitalization expenses and emergency ambulance services, such plans offer extensive coverage features.
- Select the Right Sum Assured:
Deciding the right amount of sum assured is not a Herculean task anymore. You can check health insurance for women online and input all details to find out the right sum assured for you.
- Check and Compare Women Health Insurance Features:
Several websites allow you to compare the features of health insurance plans for women so that you can decide the best one among all, which meets all your health requirements.
Taking a health insurance early is recommended to enjoy lower premium rates and maximum health cover.
- Choose the One with Best Hospital Network:
Health insurance plans offer cashless treatment for specific diseases or conditions requiring hospitalization in any of the network hospitals listed by the insurance provider. Larger the network of hospitals, better is your access to good health care across the country.
It is never too late to buy a health insurance for women in India, since a small cost today can ensure the well-being, both physically and financially of your family.