Aurangabad is one of India's most popular tourist destinations, located in the northern part of the state of Maharashtra. The majority of people associate Aurangabad with the Ajanta and Ellora caves, but there is much more to see.
The Aurangabad RTO department was founded under section 213 (1) of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The Motor Vehicle Act is a central act and is applicable throughout the country.
The main job of the Aurangabad RTO is to implement various laws under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The department is headed by the Commissioner of Transport of Aurangabad.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Office Aurangabad:
Services related to Driving License:-
The Aurangabad RTO Office offers two types of driving licenses, Learner’s License and Permanent License. Anyone who wishes to have a permanent driving license has to apply for a Learner’s License initially. After clearing the driving test conducted by Aurangabad RTO can obtain a permanent Driving License. Other services offered by RTO Office Aurangabad related to Driving License are as under:
- Renewal of the Driving License
- Changes in the Driving License
- Issuance and renewal of the Motor Driving School license
- Issuance of the International Driving License
- Issue and renewal of the driving instructor’s license
- Issue of a Driving License for the conductor
Registration Certificate and related work:-
Issuance of a Registration Certificate is one of the most important responsibilities of the Aurangabad RTO Office. The Aurangabad RTO Office issues RC to both privately held vehicles as well as commercial vehicles. Apart from issuance of Registration Certificate to vehicles the following related service are also offered:
- Transfer of ownership in the Registration Certificate
- Issuance of a duplicate Registration Certificate in case of loss, damage, or theft
- Change of address in the Registration Certificate
No Objection Certificate Issuance:-
No Objection Certificate is an important document when the vehicle owner is planning to shift their vehicle registered under Aurangabad RTO to a different city or State or viz.
- Trade Certificates: Issuance of Trade Certificates is needed for every car dealer for carrying out their business. The Aurangabad RTO Office issues trade certificates to all the car dealers running their business under the jurisdiction of Aurangabad City. Additionally, a duplicate trade certificate is issued in case of loss, damage, or theft of the existing trade certificate.
- Hypothecation Related Work: Whenever a vehicle owner purchases a vehicle through a financial institution or bank then hypothecation of the vehicle is an important responsibility of Aurangabad RTO. So, it is mandatory to hypothecate the vehicle in the name of the bank or financial institution until the full repayment of the loan is done. Aurangabad RTO carries out the endorsement of hypothecation services.
- Issuance of Permits: A permit is important for vehicles carrying out freight, transportation of goods, and passenger services. Aurangabad RTO issues permit for the vehicles. Two types of permits are issued by Aurangabad RTO namely – National Permit and Local Permit.
Other important services offered by Aurangabad RTO Office are as under:
- Collection of taxes namely Motor Vehicle Tax and Road Tax
- Inspecting the vehicle's fitness and issuance of vehicle fitness certificate.
- Testing and Issuance of Pollution Under Control Certificate
|Office Address||Regional Transport Officer, Near Railway station, Aurangabad – 431 001|
|Email ID||rto.20‐ firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Phone Number||0240‐2331135/0240‐ 2321164|
Types of Vehicle Registration in RTO Aurangabad:
The two types of vehicle registration offered in RTO Aurangabad are:
- Temporary registration of cars: This will occur when a new car is purchased by the car dealer and may be used for a period of up to one month within the original 7 days from the date of delivery of the car. The vehicle owner will then be obliged to look for a permanent certificate.
- Registration of Permanent Vehicle: a valid registration certificate from the RTO office should be issued as soon as possible. The same applies when the required documents are properly submitted.
Get vehicle insurance in Aurangabad:
A motor insurance policy is one such tool that can assist a car owner in times of trouble, such as an accident. Vehicle insurance is required in India, as driving without a valid policy is considered a criminal offense and an act of negligence. Residents of Aurangabad who wish to drive or ride their vehicles on Aurangabad roads are only permitted to do so if they have adequate insurance coverage.
All vehicle owners operating vehicles on Indian roads are required to have a motor vehicle insurance policy. Sections 146 and 147 of Chapter XI of the Motor Vehicle Act 1988 make vehicle insurance mandatory. A motor insurance policy protects the owner of the vehicle in the event of an accident on the lane. The forms of coverages available under a motor vehicle insurance policy are as follows:
Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy: Under this coverage, the insurance policy protects all third-party and vehicle owners' risks or losses. This policy covers any injury caused to the car owner or a third party. This insurance policy is expensive and must be updated annually because it has 360-degree coverage.
The insurance policy covers the liability or losses caused to the third party car, as well as injuries caused to the third party, as the name implies. This insurance policy does not cover any losses or injuries to the car or its owner. This insurance policy has a lower premium than a comprehensive auto insurance policy.
While purchasing a motor vehicle insurance policy is required, it is recommended that you do so after conducting extensive research.
1) In Aurangabad, can I have more than one driver's license?
According to Section 6 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, no one in Aurangabad can hold multiple driving licenses.
2) Is a book driving license issued in Aurangabad?
Yes, a driver's license in book form is issued in Aurangabad for a fee of Rs. 40..
3) Should I get my driver's license from the same RTO that gave me my learner's permit in Aurangabad?
Yes, you should get a DL in Aurangabad from the same RTO that gave you your LL. If you are applying from a different RTO, you must obtain a no-objection certificate from the RTO that issued your learner's license.
4) In Aurangabad, how long does it take to get a driver's license?
In 3-4 weeks, you will receive your driver's license at your door.
5) What should I do if my driver's license chip is damaged?
If the chip in your smart card DL becomes damaged, you must obtain a duplicate driving license.