Bengaluru is one of the largest cities in India, situated in the state of Karnataka. It is one of the 3rd populous cities in India and is the capital of the State of Karnataka. Jayanagar is an affluent residential as well as commercial area in the city of Bengaluru. The foundation of this neighbourhood was laid in 1948. Since then, it has been the centre of all commercial activities in the city. Being one of the prime areas of Bengaluru, it is one of the most populous neighbourhoods. Therefore, a dedicated Regional Transport Office is established in Jayanagar.
The RTO Jayanagar is an office dedicated to offering services and is established under the jurisdiction of Section 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. All major functions related to the transport department of Karnataka Govt are carried through Jayanagar RTO Office. The following are the roles and responsibilities carried out by Jayanagar RTO Office.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Jayanagar:
RTO Jayanagar is one of the major RTO offices in Bengaluru city responsible for imparting services on behalf of the Government of Karnataka, Transport Department. The following are the major roles and responsibilities carried out by RTO Jayanagar.
- Issue of New Learner’s License: One of the primary functions of the RTO Jayanagar office is to issue Learner’s License to vehicle owners aged above 16 years of age. To be eligible to drive or ride a vehicle in India, a driving license is a compulsory document, and for it, the first step is to avail a learner’s license.
- Issue of Permanent License: Once the vehicle owner holds a Learner’s License, then it is time to apply for a permanent license. Jayanagar RTO office issues Permanent License after the vehicle owner is above 18 years and is holding a valid Learner’s License. Additionally, for a new permanent license, the vehicle owner has to undergo a driving test successfully.
- An additional class of Endorsement of Driving License: If a vehicle owner wishes to add a vehicle class to his/her existing driving license, they can visit the RTO office Jayanagar and apply for the same.
- Changes in Driving License: Updating the residential address of the vehicle owner can be done at Jayanagar RTO.
- Duplicate Driving License: In case of theft, loss, or damage of the original Driving License, the vehicle owner can apply for a duplicate driving license at Jayanagar RTO.
- Driving License Extract: This service is used if the authorities want a detailed history of driving license.
- Temporary registration is given to a new vehicle, and it has a validity of one month. The vehicle dealer usually offers this to drive or ride the vehicle for one month within the jurisdiction of the city; however, before the completion of one month, the vehicle owner has to apply for Permanent Registration.
- Permanent Registration: Permanent Registration of vehicles is mandatory. A driving vehicle without a valid permanent registration is an offense. Therefore, to avail of permanent Registration for vehicle visit and apply to Jayanagar RTO and required documents and applicable fees.
- Transfer of Ownership: As the name suggests, the transfer of ownership from one vehicle owner to another can be done through Jayanagar RTO.
- Change of Address: In case the vehicle owner wants to change the address on his/her Registration certificate then it can be done through the Jayanagar RTO office
- NOC: Issuance of No Objection Certificate is done at Jayanagar RTO Office.
- Tax Payment: Road Tax collection is done by Jayanagar RTO on behalf of the Karnataka Government
- Registration Certificate Renewal in case of the expiry can be done from Jayanagar RTO
- Issuance of Vehicle Fitness Certificate is done at Jayanagar RTO Office.
- Conducting of the driving test for vehicle owners is done at Jayanagar RTO Office
- Issuance of Permits both National or Local Permit is done through Jayanagar RTO Office
RTO office Jayanagar Contact Number and Address:
|Jayanagar RTO Code||KA-05|
|RTO Address||Jayanagar Shopping Complex, 4TH Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore – 560011|
|Jayanagar RTO Contact Number||080-26630989/, 26633853, 9449864005|
|Jayanagar RTO Timings||10.00 AM to 5.00 PM|
Types of vehicle registration at RTO Jayanagar:
Two types of vehicle registration are done at RTO Jayanagar as under:
- Temporary Registration: A temporary registration is given to new vehicles at the time of sale. At the time of sale, the vehicle dealer offers temporary registration with which the vehicle owner can drive the vehicle in the city jurisdiction for one month. However, it is important to apply for a permanent registration before the expiry of one month period.
- Permanent Registration: A permanent registration of the vehicle is mandatory as driving without it is an offense and is considered illegal. The vehicle owner or the vehicle dealer on behalf of the owner can apply for a permanent registration where the vehicle is registered within the jurisdiction of the city. A permanent registration can be obtained by submitting relevant documents along with fees.
Get Vehicle Insurance in Jayanagar:
A vehicle insurance policy is a mandatory coverage that every vehicle owner, whether a two-wheeler or four-wheeler, has to purchase. Driving without a valid vehicle insurance policy is considered an offense and is chargeable under the law. However, apart from being a mandatory document, buying a vehicle insurance policy has numerous benefits as under:
- Protection against third-party liability: In case of an accident, a vehicle insurance policy will safeguard the vehicle owner from any third-party liability arising due to damage to the third-party vehicle, bodily injury resulting in disability and/or death of third party person as well as property damage.
- Compensation for Own-Damage: In case of damages caused to own vehicle, property, or bodily injury resulting in disability and/or death of the policyholder.
- Coverage against Theft: A vehicle insurance policy offers insurance cover in case of theft of the insured vehicle.
Types of Vehicle Insurance Cover:
The following are types of vehicle insurance coverage available under any policy:
- Third-party Liability cover: This type of policy covers only third-party liability
- Standalone Own Damage Cover: This type of policy covers only standalone damages to your vehicle. However, you can opt for standalone motor insurance only if you have valid third-party liability coverage.
- Comprehensive Insurance Plan: This type of policy covers both third-party liabilities as well as own damage expenses.
Personal accident coverage can be taken with all these plans or even separately.
1) Is vehicle insurance policy mandatory in Jayanagar RTO?
Yes, a Vehicle insurance policy is not only mandatory in RTO Office Jayanagar but all across India. Driving or riding a vehicle without valid vehicle insurance is considered a punishable offense.
2) What are the types of Driving Licenses issued by Jayanagar RTO?
Driving License is an important and mandatory document. Driving or riding a vehicle without a valid license is a punishable offense and attracts fees and in some cases imprisonment. The following types of driving license issued by RTO Office Jayanagar:
- Learner’s License
- Permanent License
- Commercial Driving License
- International Driving Permit
3) Can I get my address updated in my RC book at Jayanagar RTO?
Yes, the Jayanagar RTO office offers services related to updating the address of the vehicle owner in RC Book. To update or change your address you are required to undertake the following steps:
- Fill form no 33 with a chassis print
- Submit mandatory documents like
- original RC,
- insurance document,
- No Objection Certificate,
- Pollution Under Control certificate,
- Address proof, and
- Applicable fees.
4) Can I apply for a duplicate RC in case I have lost it?
Yes, you can apply to Jayanagar RTO for a duplicate RC in case you have lost the original RC. The vehicle owner needs to submit the following documents while applying for a duplicate RC:
- A police report stating the loss of original RC,
- Pollution Under Control Certificate,
- Vehicle Insurance Policy,
- Address Proof of the vehicle owner,
- No Objection Certificate from financer in case the car is purchased by way of loan, and
- Applicable fees.
5) I have recently relocated to Jayanagar. How can I get my vehicle re-registered with Jayanagar RTO Office?
In case you have relocated to Jayanagar and wish to stay in the city for a longer duration you need to re-register your vehicle with Jayanagar RTO Office. For re-registering your vehicle, you need to follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the RTO Jayanagar office
- Submit all the relevant documents as under:
- Original RC
- Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Valid Vehicle Insurance Document
- Form 25 duly filled
- Applicable fees
- No Objection Certificate in case the vehicle is purchased by way of loan.
- No Objection Certificate from the previous RTO where your vehicle was previously registered.