Jayanagar RTO: An Introduction
Jayanagar RTO operates under the jurisdiction of the Transport Department of Karnataka and is headed by Transport Commissioner. Popularly known as the Silicon Valley of India, Bengaluru is one of the most populated cities and capital of the State of Karnataka. Jayanagar is a prosperous residential as well as commercial area in the city of Bengaluru. Since the foundation of the city, Jayanagar, it has been the centre of all commercial activities. Being one of the prime areas of Bengaluru, it is one of the most populous neighborhoods and the busiest city. Therefore, a dedicated Regional Transport Office is established in Jayanagar. Jayanagar RTO ensures road safety and promotes efficient transportation by enforcing traffic rules and regulations.
With the increasing number of vehicles and transportation services in the city, Jayanagar RTO ensures that the vehicles are registered and inspected regularly. The RTO Jayanagar is an office dedicated to offering RTO services and is established under the jurisdiction of Section 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Jayanagar RTO ensures that vehicle owners have updated registration certificates and driving licenses to ensure maximum road safety.
Roles and Responsibilities of Jayanagar RTO:
RTO Jayanagar is one of the major RTO offices in Bengaluru city responsible for imparting services on behalf of the Government of Karnataka, Transport Department. The vehicles registered under Jayanagar RTO receive the registration code KA- 05. The following are the roles and responsibilities carried out by Jayanagar RTO Office.
- Issue of New Learner’s License: One of the primary functions of the Jayanagar RTO office is to issue a Learner’s License to vehicle owners above 16 years of age. A driving license is a compulsory document for vehicle drivers in India to ensure road safety; the first step is to avail of a learner’s license.
- Issue of Permanent License: Once the vehicle owner holds a Learner’s License, they are eligible to apply for a permanent license. Jayanagar RTO office issues a Permanent License after the vehicle owner is above 18 years and holds a valid Learner’s License. Additionally, for a new permanent license, the vehicle owner has to undergo a driving test successfully.
- An additional class of Endorsement of Driving License: If a vehicle owner wishes to add a vehicle class to their existing driving license, they can visit the RTO office in Jayanagar and apply for the same.
- Changes in Driving License: The residential address or any other vehicle owner details can be updated at the Jayanagar RTO office.
- Duplicate Driving License: In case of theft, loss, or damage of the original Driving License, the vehicle owner can apply for a duplicate driving license at Jayanagar RTO.
- Driving License Extract: This service is used if the authorities want a detailed history of driving licenses. Jayanagar RTO provides the details regarding your driving license history.
- Temporary Registration: Temporary registration is given to a new vehicle with a validity of one month. The vehicle dealer usually offers this to drive or ride the vehicle for one month within the jurisdiction of the city. The vehicle owner is abide to apply for permanent registration before the completion of one month.
- Permanent Registration: Permanent Registration of vehicles is mandatory. Driving a vehicle without a valid permanent registration is an offence. Therefore, to avail of permanent vehicle registration, visit and apply to Jayanagar RTO and submit the required documents with applicable fees.
- Transfer of Ownership: As the name suggests, the transfer of ownership from one vehicle owner to another can be done through Jayanagar RTO.
- Change of Address: In case the vehicle owner wants to change the address on his/her Registration certificate, then it can be done through the Jayanagar RTO office
- NOC: Issuance of No Objection Certificate is done at Jayanagar RTO Office.
- Tax Payment: Collection of Road Tax and IMS fees is done by Jayanagar RTO on behalf of the Karnataka Government.
Other Functions of Jayanagar RTO Office in South Bangalore:
Except for the mentioned roles and responsibilities of Jayanagar RTO, some additional services are provided by the Jayanagar RTO mentioned as
- Registration Certificate Renewal in case of expiry can be done from RTO Jayanagar.
- Issuance of Vehicle Fitness Certificate.
- Conducting the driving test for vehicle owners is done at RTO office Jayanagar.
- Issuance of Permits (both National and Local) is done through Jayanagar RTO Office.
- Jayanagar RTO provides clearance and no objection certificates to the vehicles.
- Grants the permits of goods and passenger vehicles.
- Implementation of measures to control vehicle pollution.
RTO Office Jayanagar Contact Number and Address:
If you want to visit RTO office Jayanagar, you can directly reach at the address given below and submit your vehicle-related query.
Jayanagar RTO Code
Jayanagar Shopping Complex, 4TH Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore – 560011
Jayanagar RTO Contact Number
080-26630989/, 26633853, 9449864005
Jayanagar RTO Timings
10.00 AM to 5.00 PM
Types of Vehicle Registration at Jayanagar RTO:
Two types of vehicle registration are done at RTO Jayanagar:
- Temporary Registration: A temporary registration is given to new vehicles at the time of sale. The temporary registration allows the vehicle owner to drive the vehicle in the city jurisdiction for one month. However, it is important to apply for a permanent registration before the expiry of one month period. You can apply for permanent registration by reaching Jayanagar RTO office.
- Permanent Registration: A permanent registration of the vehicle is mandatory, as driving without it is an offence and is considered illegal. The vehicle owner or the vehicle dealer, on behalf of the owner, can apply for a permanent registration where the vehicle is registered within the jurisdiction of the city. A permanent registration can be obtained by submitting relevant documents along with fees at Jayanagar RTO office.
How to Get a Vehicle Registration at Jayanagar RTO
When you buy a vehicle in Jayanagar, it is crucial that you register it in Jayanagar RTO to get a registration number and certificate. If you reside in Bengaluru South Region, you are required to register a new vehicle at Jayanagar RTO. Remember, vehicle registration is necessary within the 7 days of vehicle purchase. The following steps are required to register your vehicle
And get a vehicle registration at RTO Jayanagar.
Form 20: Form 20 can be downloaded from the Transport Department of Karnataka website or you can directly visit Jayanagar RTO office.
Document Submission: The following documents are required to submit at Jayanagar RTO to proceed with the registration process
- Duly filled Form-20,21,22
- Roadworthiness certificate
- Pollution Under Control (PUC)
- Form-60/61 from the Income Tax Department/PAN card
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- Attested address proof (Ration Card/Voter ID Card/Aadhar card)
- Temporary registration certificate (if any)
Fee Submission: The vehicle owner needs to submit necessary fees at Jayanagar RTO office for vehicle registration. The fee varies depending on the vehicle type.
Inspection of Vehicle: Once the fee is submitted, the Motor Vehicle Inspector (MVI) inspects the vehicle to ensure it meets all the necessary safety and emission standards.
Issuance of Registration Certificate: If the vehicle qualifies for the inspection, the vehicle registration certificate is issued by Jayanagar RTO.
Renewal of Registration at Jayanagar RTO
The vehicle registration is valid for 15 years from the date of registration. After that, you need to renew the vehicle registration if you want to use the vehicle. For the renewal of registration at Jayanagar RTO, follow the below procedure.
Form 25: To renew the registration, fill out Form 25, available at the Transport Department of Karnataka or directly from the Jayanagar RTO office.
Documents Submission: The following documents are required to submit at Jayanagar RTO to proceed with the renewal registration
- Form 25
- Registration certificate
- Motor insurance certificate
- Renewal fee payment receipt
- Pollution under control certificate
- Address proof
- Payment receipt for road tax
- Physical production of vehicle
Get an Appointment: The vehicle owner needs to book an appointment online at Karnataka Transport Department Website or by visiting the Jayanagar RTO office in person. Reach the RTO Jayanagar office at the scheduled time and date with all the required documents and fees for the renewal process.
Vehicle Inspection: Once the inspection is done, the renewed registration certificate is issued to you.
Get Duplicate Registration at Jayanagar RTO
In case of theft, damage or loss of registration certificate, you can get a duplicate registration certificate at Jayanagar RTO. You can get a duplicate of registration certificate at Jayanagar RTO office after submitting the following documents
- Form 2
- FIR copy
- Pollution under control certificate
- Motor insurance certificate
- Payment receipt for road tax
Transfer Vehicle Ownership at Jayanagar RTO
If you are planning to buy a used (second-hand) vehicle or planning to sell your vehicle, it is required to transfer the ownership of the vehicle to the new owner. The legal transfer of vehicle ownership is done at RTO Jayanagar. You just need to follow the below-mentioned steps
Fill Out Form 29 and 30: You need to completely fill out the form 29 and 30 available at the Karnataka Transport Department website or get the form at Jayanagar RTO office.
Get the Document Ready: The following documents are required to submit at Jayanagar RTO to proceed with the transfer of vehicle ownership
- Form 29: Intimation of vehicle transfer
- Duly filled Form-30
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
- Vehicle Insurance Document
- Attested copy of address proof
- An affidavit attested by a government official/notary
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Financier if the vehicle has been obtained on back
- Road tax copy
- Inspection and approval of the condition of the vehicle by RTO Jayanagar officers
Get an Appointment: The vehicle owner needs to book an appointment online at Karnataka Transport Department Website or by visiting the Jayanagar RTO office in person. Reach the RTO Jayanagar office at the scheduled time and date with all the required documents and fees for the transfer process.
Vehicle Inspection: Once the inspection is done, the transfer of vehicle ownership is initiated. A new vehicle registration certificate is issued to the new owner.
Get Vehicle Insurance in Jayanagar
Under the Motor Vehicle Act of 1988, the Government of India has made it mandatory to have vehicle insurance (whether two/ three/ four wheeler) to own and operate a vehicle legally. Vehicle insurance provides coverage against an injury or death caused. Car insurance provides comprehensive coverage against damages caused to the driver, car, or third party. Driving without a valid vehicle insurance policy is considered an offence and is chargeable under the law. RTO Jayanagar can take legal action against a person found breaching the law. However, apart from being a mandatory document, buying a vehicle insurance policy has numerous benefits as under:
- Protection against third-party liability: In case of an accident, a vehicle insurance policy will safeguard the vehicle owner from any third-party liability. The following damages are protected under the vehicle insurance: Damage to the third-party vehicle, bodily injury resulting in disability and/or death of third-party person as well as property damage.
- Compensation for Own-Damage: In case of damages caused to own vehicle, property, or bodily injury resulting in disability and/or death of the policyholder.
- Coverage Against Theft: Your vehicle is covered under insurance for any theft cases.
Types of Vehicle Insurance Cover
The following are types of vehicle insurance coverage available under any policy:
- Third-party Liability cover: This type of policy covers only third-party liability
- Standalone Own Damage Cover: This policy covers only standalone damages to your vehicle. However, you can opt for standalone motor insurance only with valid third-party liability coverage.
- Comprehensive Insurance Plan: This type of policy covers third-party liabilities and own damage expenses.
* Personal accident coverage can be taken with all these plans or even separately.
One can purchase vehicle insurance online or offline directly from motor insurance companies or an insurance consulting company like RenewBuy. We RenewBuy, provide you with different insurance policies from various motor insurance companies available in India in one place. This helps you to compare different policies and purchase one for your vehicle to get comprehensive benefits.
To drive your vehicle safely and without any legal complications, it is required to have a vehicle registration at Jayanagar RTO and get vehicle insurance from an authorized motor insurance company. In case you need additional information regarding vehicle registration or operations regarding the transport department in Jayanagar, you can directly contact at Jayanagar RTO office on the given contact details or visit the office in person.
To purchase or renew vehicle insurance, connect with RenewBuy POSP partners.
The KA 05 on the number plate reflects the Bengaluru South Zone city code, including Jayangar RTO.
Bengaluru has 15 RTOs for different city zones represented as KA01, KA03, KA02, KA50, KA41, KA04, KA10, KA05, KA51, KA53, KA57, KA52, KA59, KA60, KA61.
To get a fitness certificate (FC) for your vehicle in Jayanagar, you need to visit Jayanagar RTO with your vehicle and required documents. You are required to pay applicable fees, and the officials from RTO Jayanagar will inspect your vehicle. If the vehicle qualifies for the inspection, you get the fitness certificate.
You can get a No Objection Certificate (NOC) form online by visiting the Parivahan Portal. After filling out the form, you need to visit Jayanagar RTO with your vehicle to complete the NOC procedure.
Yes, a vehicle insurance policy is mandatory not only in RTO Office Jayanagar but all across India. It is a legal offence to drive a vehicle without valid vehicle insurance.
Driving or riding a vehicle without a valid license is a punishable offence; charges are levied on the driver and, in some cases, imprisonment. The following types of driving licenses are issued by the RTO Office Jayanagar:.
- Learner’s License
- Permanent License
- Commercial Driving License
- International Driving Permit
Yes, the Jayanagar RTO office offers services related to updating the address of the vehicle owner in RC Book. To update or change your address at Jayanagar RTO office, you are required to undertake the following steps:
- Fill form no 33 with a chassis print
- Submit mandatory documents like.
- Original RC,
- Insurance document,
- No Objection Certificate,
- Pollution Under Control certificate,
- Address proof, and
- Applicable fees.
Yes, you can apply to Jayanagar RTO for a duplicate RC in case you have lost or theft of the original RC. The vehicle owner needs to submit the following documents while applying for a duplicate RC:
- A police report stating the loss of original RC,
- Pollution Under Control Certificate,
- Vehicle Insurance Policy,
- Address Proof of the vehicle owner,
- No Objection Certificate from financer in case the car is purchased by way of loan, and
- Applicable fees.
If you are visiting Jayanagar for a shorter period of time, then you are not required to register your vehicle at Jayanagar RTO. In case you have relocated to Jayanagar and wish to stay in the city for a longer duration (more than a year), you need to re-register your vehicle with Jayanagar RTO Office. To re-registering your vehicle, you need to follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the RTO Jayanagar office
- Submit all the relevant documents as under:
- Original RC
- Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Valid Vehicle Insurance Document
- Form 25 duly filled
- Applicable fees
- No Objection Certificate in case the vehicle is purchased by way of loan.
- No Objection Certificate from the previous RTO where your vehicle was previously registered.