Patna is the capital of the state of Bihar. It is located on the southern bank of the river Ganges. Patna is one of the fastest-growing cities in the country. It is a commercial hub, and it ranks highly when it comes to the ease of starting a business.
With the growth and development of the city, there is an increase in the number of vehicles plying on the roads. The RTO Office Patna is responsible for developing road transport and the management of road transport. The Patna RTO works under the supervision of RTO Bihar and establishes the rules and regulations stated in the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Office Patna:
- Issuance of learner’s license and permanent driving license to the people who apply
- Conducting a driving test for the applicants of permanent license as mandated by the Motor Vehicle Act
- Renewal of driving license in case of expired license
- Issuing a duplicate license in case of theft or loss of the license
- Disqualifying and revoking the license
- Issuance and renewal of the Motor Driving School License
- Issuance of International Driving License to anyone who applies
- Updating the address in the license in case needed
- Issuing and renewing the license of driving instructor and conductor
- Issuance of registration certificate for temporary as well as a permanent registration
- Registration of vehicle coming from another state
- Issuing a NOC so that the owner can transfer the vehicle to another state
- Renewal as well as the extension of the registration certificate
- Transfer of vehicle ownership in case of sale
- Issuance of duplicate registration certificate in case of theft or loss of the original one
- Address related changes in the RC
- Hypothecation services in case the vehicle is purchased on a loan
- Issuance of the stage as well as good carriage permit
- Issuance of national and local permits
- Issuance of permit for auto rickshaw
Services- Tax Collection:
- Motor Vehicle Tax
- Road Tax
- Instant Market Value Fees Collection
- PUC testing
- Issuing pollution under control certificate
- Registration of CNG as well as LPG vehicles
Patna RTO Code and Phone Number:
|Patna RTO Code||BR-01|
|RTO Address||DTO Office Patna, Bank Road, West Gandhi Maidan, Raja Ji Salai, Chajju Bagh, Patna, Bihar – 800001|
|Patna RTO Number||+91-612-2237131|
|Patna RTO Timings||10.00 AM to 5.00 PM|
RTO Office Patna Registration Types:
- Temporary Registration: A temporary registration is provided to you when you buy a vehicle from the showroom so that you can drive the vehicle. It is only issued for a limited period and before its expiry, you need to apply for permanent registration.
- Permanent Registration: A permanent registration of the vehicle is important to ply the vehicle on the road. You can do so at Patna RTO so that you can drive your vehicle on the road.
Vehicle Insurance in Patna:
Motor vehicle insurance is a financial safety net that provides assistance in case any damages or bodily injuries are caused to a third party when there is an accident. It is compulsory to buy motor vehicle insurance before you drive your vehicle on the road. There are two types of insurance:
- Third-Party Liability Motor Vehicle Insurance: Under this insurance, the damages and bodily injuries caused to a third party in case of an accident are covered.
- Comprehensive Motor Vehicle Insurance: Under this insurance, the damages and bodily injuries caused to a third party and self in case of an accident are covered.
There are many riders that you can buy along with the base policy to enhance the coverage of the policy. It is mandatory to buy an insurance policy as driving without a valid motor vehicle insurance policy can lead to punishment. You must read the policy document carefully before you buy the policy.
1) I have lost my RC. Where can I get it in Patna?
You can apply for a duplicate RC at the RTO Office Patna with valid forms and documents along with a police report stating the loss of the RC.
2) I need an International Driving License to drive in the UK. Where can I apply?
You can apply for an International Driving License at the RTO Office in Patna.
3) I need a stage carriage permit. Where can I apply?
You can apply for a stage carriage permit at the RTO Office in Patna by submitting valid documents.
4) I moved to Patna from Gurugram. How can I get my car re-registered in Patna?
You can get your vehicle re-registered in Patna by submitting the valid documents to the RTO Office Patna along with the applicable fees. The documents that you need to submit include original RC, PUC, duly filled forms, insurance document, NOC from financer in case of a loan, and NOC from the previous RTO where the registration of your vehicle was done.
5) Can I get my motor vehicle insurance issued from Patna RTO?
No, the RTO does not issue nor renew any insurance policies. You must contact your insurer for the renewal of the policy.