Government urges motorists to check PUC (Pollution Under Control) centres online. Vehicle owners are required to check its website to locate centres authorized to locate PUC certificates.
Recently, the Government cracked down on certain centres that issued PUC certificates. The move came in response to the numerous complaints that it received recently. They accused certain centres of issuing PUC certificates without properly checking the vehicle’s emission levels. The crackdown resulted in the closing of almost all centres that issued PUC manually.
The officials have also made it mandatory that PUC should be issued online. It has created a situation where motorists face a tough time to locate PUC centres in their locality. If you are someone facing this dilemma, you can check RTO’s official portal. It features 50 centres that issue PUC online. parivahan.gov.in too offers information in this regard.
Check PUC centres online
Vehicle owners planning to apply for PUC are advised to visit the authority’s official portal. Choose a centre in your locality. Take the vehicle there and follow the instructions you receive at the centre.
What does it contain-
- Your bike’s license plate number
- The date the vehicle underwent the check
- The expiry date of PUC
The process won’t cost you more than INR 62-100. It may vary on the type of two-wheeler and the kind of fuel used in it. If your vehicle passes the test, you get PUC on the same day. If it is higher, the centre will report it to the authorities and you will have to follow their advice.
Your PUC is valid for one year from the date of the first test. Once expired, the driver will test his/her two-wheeler twice a year. The validity of a PUC in general is six months. If the vehicle is found to violate the general norms, validity depends on the observations of the test centre.
Preparing the vehicle for the process.
Do the following to ensure that you get the PUC in the first attempt:
- Clean the engine so that there are no remains of the exhaust in your vehicle. Dirt may cause higher emission and will affect the test results.
- Tune your vehicle
- Warm it up
What is the need of PUC?
The law mandates This certificate. But do you know that your PUC is your contribution toward protecting our dear planet? Get it and serve mother nature in the following ways:
- Protect the food chain: When carbon dioxide emission goes higher, nature’s inherent food chain gets affected. This happens because anything in excess destroys nature’s inherent balance. Get a PUC and you will minimize it in your own way.
- Lower global warming: Gas and oils vehicles are considered as the main villains in creating pollution in the environment. Keeping an eye on the pollution level emitted by your vehicle is a must. Be a part of initiatives to minimize pollution and protect the planet.
Get a PUC. Be a responsible citizen. Protect the earth; our next generation needs it.