The Motor Vehicles Act, enacted in 1988, made it mandatory for various state governments to set up Regional Transport Offices. The RTO for the Solapur district office is MH-13.
Solapur is a district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. The Solapur RTO falls under the Maharashtra State Vehicles Department. And this RTO functions under the provisions of Section 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
Roles and responsibilities of RTO Office Solapur:
The Solapur RTO has some major roles and responsibilities, just like any other state RTO. Looking into road safety measures, proper issuance of DLs and RC papers, toll tax collection are some of the Solapur RTO functions' functions.
Issuing Registration Certificate (RC):
One of the major functions of the RTO Solapur is the issuance of registration certificates. The RTO office in Solapur works on issuing registration certificates to both private vehicles and vehicles used for commercial purposes. Under this, some of the following services are also related to it:
- Ownership transfer in RC
- In case of loss, damage, or theft, issuance of duplicate RC
- Updating new address in RC
Issue Driving License:
To drive on the road, a driving license is essential. Solapur RTO offers two types of license –– learner’s license and permanent license. After clearing the Solapur RTO's driving test, you are issued with a driving license (DL). Under the DL, Solapur RTO performs other functions such as:
- Renewal of the DL
- Updating changes in the driving license
- Issuance and renewal of the license for running a motor driving school
- Issuance and renewal of the license as a driving instructor or trainer
No Objection Certificate Issuance:
No Objection Certificate is an important document when the vehicle owner is planning to shift their vehicle registered under Solapur RTO to a different city or State or viz.
Trade Certificates: Issuance of Trade Certificates is needed for every car dealer for carrying out their business. The Solapur RTO Office issues trade certificates to all the car dealers running their business under the jurisdiction of Solapur. Additionally, a duplicate trade certificate is issued in case of loss, damage, or theft of the existing trade certificate.
Hypothecation Related Work: Whenever a vehicle owner purchases a vehicle through a financial institution or bank then hypothecation of the vehicle is an important responsibility of Solapur RTO. So, it is mandatory to hypothecate the vehicle in the name of the bank or financial institution until the full repayment of the loan is done. Solapur RTO carries out the endorsement of hypothecation services.
Issuance of Permits: A permit is important for vehicles carrying out freight, transportation of goods, and passenger services. Solapur RTO issues permits to the vehicles. Two types of permits are issued by Solapur RTO namely – National Permit and Local Permit.
Other than these major functions, the Solapur RTO offers many other services such as:
- Collecting the two types of road tax, i.e., Motor Vehicle Tax and Road Tax.
- Issuing permits for tourist vehicles
- Testing and granting Pollution Control certificates. These certificates are essential to certify that the emission from vehicles is within the permissible range.
- Renewal of all kinds of permits
Contact Number & address of Solapur RTO:
|Solapur RTO Code||MH-13|
|Office Address||Dy. Regional Transport Office, Vijapur Road, S.T. Colony, Shivaji Nagar, Solapur – 413 004|
|Office Timings||10:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
Types of Vehicle Registration in RTO Solapur:
The two types of vehicle registration offered in RTO Solapur are:
- Temporary registration: This will occur when a new car is purchased by the car dealer and may be used for a period of up to one month within the original 7 days from the date of delivery of the car. The vehicle owner will then be obliged to look for a permanent certificate.
- Registration of Permanent Vehicle: A valid registration certificate from the RTO office should be issued as soon as possible. The same is issued when the required documents are properly submitted.
Get your vehicle insured at Solapur:
A motor insurance policy helps protect in times of distress and uncertainties like road accidents. A vehicle insurance policy is mandatory for driving on India's road, as it’s a legal requirement.
It is necessary to do an in-depth research and comparison before investing in any vehicle insurance policy. It is advised to get a comprehensive car insurance policy as it provides a 360-degree coverage and can be renewed annually. All kinds of injuries and damages, whether it is a vehicle damage, or a third-party injury or a third-party vehicle damage, everything is covered under a comprehensive car insurance policy.
But there’s another type of insurance that insures the vehicle owner for any kind of risk or damages caused to the third-party vehicle or any kind of injuries caused to the third party during an accident where the vehicle owner is responsible. Though any damages caused to the vehicle or vehicle owner are not covered.
1) How to get a learner’s license in Solapur?
To drive on the roads in Solapur, the basic need is a learner’s license. Fill out an application form from the RTO Solapur (online/offline) and submit all necessary documents. Complete the learner’s test at RTO. Get the license once you complete it successfully.
2) How many RTOs are there in Maharashtra?
There are 50 RTOs in Maharashtra.
3) How to get a permanent RC in Solapur?
Approach the RTO Solapur, the authority that issues permanent RC. With ID proof, address proof, temporary RC, fill out the application form given by the RTO received from the dealer, along with a NOC and other required documents. The RTO will verify and then allocate an RC number for you.
4) How to get a duplicate RC in case I lose it?
The Solapur RTO can issue a duplicate RC but with the following documents in place:
- A police report stating the loss
- An up-to-date pollution control certificate
- A valid address proof
- A renewed and updated motor vehicle insurance policy
Also, a duplicate RC is chargeable; that’s why it is required to give the application fees along with these documents.
5) For many days I can drive a car under temporary registration?
A temporary registration lasts only for an initial seven days, or for a month to the maximum.