The holy city of Varanasi is located on the banks of the river Ganges in the state of Uttar Pradesh. It is one of the holiest of the seven cities in Hinduism and Jainism. The city is famous for muslin, silk fabrics, perfumes, ivory works, and other items.
Due to rapid industrialization, there is a growth in road transport in the city. The Varanasi RTO works under the supervision of RTO Uttar Pradesh and implements the rules and regulations of the Motor Vehicles Act. 1988. Apart from the DL and RC-related services, the RTO Varanasi also manages and develops the road transport facilities in the city.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Varanasi:
- Conducting the driving test for the issuance of a DL
- Issuing the driving license and learner’s license to the applicants
- Renewing the DL
- Issuance and renewing the Motor Driving School license
- Issuance of the International Driving License
- Adding a class of a vehicle to the applicant’s DL
- Issuance of the driving instructor’s license and renewal
- Issuance of a license to the conductors
- Assisting people with applications related to DL
Registration Certificate and related work:
- Issuance of the temporary and permanent RC
- Transferring the ownership to another person in the RC
- Issuing a duplicate RC in the event of loss, damage, or theft
- Rectification or change of address in RC
- Entry or loan hypothecation in the RC
- Issuance of a NOC (when the vehicle is transferred to a different state)
- Renewal of the trade certificate
- Conducts a vehicle fitness test and issuance of a vehicle fitness certificate
- Issuance of permits like carriage permit and stage permit
- Issuance of a duplicate RC in the event of loss, theft, or damage
Collection of revenue on the behalf of the government:
- Motor Vehicle Tax/ Road Tax
- IMV Fees Collection
- DA (Departmental Action) Cases
Safety of the environment and ensuring pollution control:
- Pollution Under Control Testing
- CNG/LPG conversion of vehicles
Taking steps to ensure the safety of people on the road: The RTO office Varanasi makes sure that people are following all the rules and regulations on the road. In case someone breaks the rules, the RTO also punishes the offender.
RTO Varanasi details:
|RTO Varanasi Code
|Regional Transport Office, Babatpur Road, (Near Gas Plant), Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
|10:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Types of vehicle registration at RTO Varanasi:
- Temporary Registration: The temporary registration is provided to you when you buy the vehicle from the showroom. You can only drive on the road with this registration for a certain period. Before the temporary registration expires, you must get your vehicles registered permanently at the RTO Rajkot.
- Permanent Registration: It is compulsory for any vehicle driving on the roads of the country to have a permanent registration. The process of permanent registration is uncomplicated, and the RTO office Varanasi is the place where you have to go for it. Go to the office and fill the application form and submit the required documents and the registration fee.
Get Vehicle Insurance in Varanasi:
In India, any vehicle that is driving on the roads in the country must have a valid insurance policy. The vehicle insurance that you buy insures the vehicle owners against third-party liability. There are many types of vehicle insurance policies that you can buy, these include:
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: This includes protection against third-party liability and own damage in case of an accident.
- Third-Party Liability: This includes protection in case you cause damage to a third party during an accident on the road.
There are also many add-on covers that you can opt for so that you can boost the coverage of your policy and increase the scope of the policy. These add-on covers include No Claim Bonus Protection Cover, Zero Depreciation Cover, Roadside Assistance Cover, etc.
Before you purchase a policy, it is advised to read and find information regarding the premiums, claim settlement process, coverage, etc. so that you do not face any problems while making a claim. Make comparisons wherever relevant and research properly before buying a policy as it is subject to market risks.
1) If I lose my DL, how can I get a duplicate DL in Varanasi?
If you lose your DL, you can visit the RTO Varanasi and fill out the relevant forms and submit it along with all the relevant documents.
2) Can I get an International Driving License?
You can get an International Driving License issued from Varanasi RTO by filling out the form and submitting the relevant documents.
3) What documents should I submit as my address proof in RTO Varanasi?
The documents that you can use for address proof include Aadhar card, Passport, LIC Policy, electricity bill, etc.
4) For how much time is a vehicle registered with an RTO in India?
A vehicle is registered with an RTO for 15 years. After this is over, you must submit the relevant documents to get your vehicle re-registered.
5) I have lost my RC. How can I get a duplicate RC from RTO Varanasi?
In case you have lost your RC you have to submit a police report, PUC, address proof, NOC (from financer in case of a loan), and applicable fees to RTO Varanasi.