Things You Should Check in Your Two-Wheeler Insurance Document
Usage of two-wheeler is more as compared to four wheelers in India. Almost every household has a two-wheeler which makes it easy to commute daily basis. Two-wheelers are most convenient and swift mode of commutation in a dense traffic city. There are a range of two-wheeler vehicles available in the market.
Riding a two-wheeler saves a lot of time. Having a two-wheeler helps you to move fast and reach your destination on time. Safety still counts and thus always carry bike insurance papers. One must ensure to drive with all the valid documents.
Things to check in your two-wheeler insurance:
Bike insurance copy is a regarded as the most important document while riding. You can anytime be stopped by traffic cops for a document check while driving on road. Having an Insurance policy for your two-wheeler supports you financially at the time of any unfortunate event if occurs. While driving make sure you carry a valid insurance document. It is always advisable to check all the details mentioned in your policy is correct.
- Policy Number is the most important and the first to be checked when asked for documents required for two-wheeler insurance claim.
- Details should be correctly spelt and written. Like personal details, bike details need to be checked thoroughly in case of any misprint there is every chance that the claim to be rejected.
- Premium details – Please check the IDV mentioned in the policy document. IDV is the amount one receives in case of total loss or theft. In case any additional add ons are opted, check the premium for the same.
- The validity should be on the tip of your mind. Always keep a check on the expiry date of your policy and make sure the renewal is done before expiration. In case if it is lapsed, and not renewed on time, you may lose the non claim bonus (NCB) that can lead you to pay additional premium.
- Don’t miss out to read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of a bike insurance policy. “NEVER” forget to read, check, learn them properly.
Below mentioned documents are a must while riding:
- Valid Driving License
- Bike insurance documents
- RC book (Registration Papers
- PUC papers (Pollution Under Control papers)
The vehicle is not on your name, you need an authorization letter or authorization paper. Only then you have the right to drive the vehicle.
Follow all the rules and regulations and always include an insurance copy of bike while you are using the two-wheeler. Keep in mind the above-listed points and do not get cheated by the fraud companies and fake people. Don’t go for insurance worth too little that you can never get anything from it. That might be a fraud and if it is not, it might not be good at services. The insurance of reliable companies like Reliance etc. is recommended. And last but not least, keep yourself and the people around you safe; that is the only moto of such big decisions.