Recently, Maruti Suzuki overtook Mahindra as the largest UV Maker. It has been one of the most preferred brands in the entry-level hatchback and compact hatchback and passenger car segment. We bring you 10 upcoming cars to watch out for during the second half of 2017.
- Maruti Suzuki Vitara: the production version of the IV-4 concept SUV, is all set to be launched in between October 2017 and December 2017. Featuring a 1.6 L petrol engine efficient to produce 118 bhp, this car also comes with an advanced intercooler. The inclusion of Variable Valve Timing (VVT) and Variable Induction System (VIS) ensures increasing acceleration and optimised torque. The expected price range is Rs.15 lakh.
- Maruti Suzuki Swift 2017: Designed to be a facelift version of the Maruti Suzuki Swift, the Swift 2017 is all set to astonish the users with an elegant appearance. Apart from the sporty look, it will bank upon the spacious cabin, a Booster Jet petrol engine, and quality finish. It may come with a CVT option on selected petrol variants. The price is expected to fall between Rs.5 lakh and Rs.8 lakh.
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Diesel: This model will bank upon 1 L K series Diesel engine adept enough to produce 67 bhp and 91 Nm. Apart from having a table-like touchscreen infotainment system, it will also have bold exterior.
- Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Facelift: Maruti has taken the bid to launch the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Facelift after their initiative of retailing the S-cross though the Nexa dealership failed. Expected to be available in the market around the festive season of 2017, this model features M15 1.5 L petrol engine, 1.3 L DDiS and 1.6 L DDis oil burner with an option of 6-speed manual transmission and an auto box. The price is expected to be in between Rs.8 lakh and 12 lakh.
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Facelift: Featuring 1.4 L petrol and 1.3 L diesel engines, it will only adorn itself with minor cosmetic updates. There will also be an updated instrument console with new high-res MID. To be launched towards the end of 2017, it will cost around Rs.7.5- Rs.10 lakh.
- Maruti Suzuki Swift 2017 Hybrid: Expected to cost around 8 lakh, this model will run on a 658 CC three-cylinder petrol engine able to generate 73 bhp of power. It is driven by three modes i.e. hybrid, parallel hybrid and all electric. While the fuel economy is around 48.2 kmpl for the petrol, the electric driving range would be around 25.5 kmpl.
- Maruti Suzuki Cervo: Set to be launched in December 2017, the Maruti Suzuki Cervo has been designed to replace the iconic Maruti 800. This model will feature a 660 CC 3 cylinder that is intended to deliver fuel efficiency of 25 kilometres per litre.
- Maruti Suzuki MR Wagon: Expected to be launched in November 2017, the Maruti Suzuki MR Wagon is a mini-MPV that will run on three cylinders 657 CC petrol engine adept enough of producing 60 bhp power and 97 Nm of torque. It comes with a high fuel economy of 22 kmpl, the price of the car is estimated to be around Rs.5 lakhs.
- Maruti Suzuki Jimny: Being a sports utility vehicle, the Maruti Suzuki Jimny is expected to be launched in September 2017. It features 1.5 L 4 cylinder multi-jet diesel engine efficient to produce 85 bhp at 3750 rpm. It is to be priced between Rs.5.50 and Rs.10 lakh; the model is blessed with features like driver airbags, ABS-EBD, etc.
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio Facelift: The 2017 Maruti Suzuki Facelift will adorn itself with 1 L K10B three cylinder engine. It will also have a five-speed manual or five speed AMT gearbox along with sporting design on the exterior. The mileage is expected to be around 25 kmpl for petrol and 33 kmpl for CNG. The cost will fall between Rs.4.5 lakh and Rs.5.7 lakh.
While you read about these models or plan to buy one, don’t forget to check your insurance online to ensure your car is safe.