A second-hand car may cost you less but it is definitely not an easy task to choose one. Have a look at what our experts have to say to those looking forward to purchase one:
- Decide your budget: This is the first step towards buying a car. Make sure that you set aside some funds for insurance while finalizing your budget.
- Finalise the seller: You can buy a vehicle directly from the owner, a car dealer or through an online platform.
- Check how old the vehicle is: Buying a well maintained used car that is less than 2 years old is almost as good as buying a new one. It is always a good option to look for cars that are comparatively not very old.
- Examine the car: It is important to get the car that you are planning to buy checked from a mechanic or an expert. Keep the following things in mind while examining the vehicle:
- Always take a test drive before finalising your vehicle
- Check the engine to make sure that it is running smoothly
- Car battery should not be very old and should be in good working condition
- The tyres should be in good condition and not have too much of wear and tear
- Make sure the charging point and music system is in good condition
- Make sure the air conditioner and wipers are working properly
- Check the outer body for dents and damages
- Check the paperwork: Make a thorough check of the papers before finalizing your purchase. These include RC book, PUC certificate, Registration papers and car insurance
Examine the car thoroughly and be satisfied before you finally decide to bring your car home!