Two Wheeler in a City – A Smart Move
With a lot of young souls opting for fancy bikes instead of cars, it is evident that the liking for a two wheeler is on the rise. The strong spec sheet and sturdy engines have made bikes a universal favourite. And there are some valid reasons for its rising popularity. Let’s look at these advantages of having a two wheeler in a city:
- Affordability: Youngsters in the early stages of their career find bikes more affordable than a car. While the price of a decent bike ranges from Rs 30,000 to Rs 1 Lakh, the price of four-wheelers usually start with Rs. 3 Lac and goes up as per the market trend. The maintenance cost, as well as fuel consumption of bikes, is quite less compared to that of a car. In most cases, even the cost of insurance for a bike is much cheaper than that of a car.
- Better Movement in Traffic: In highly congested areas, two-wheelers are best as they are compact and can be easily manoeuvred through small gaps. Easy manoeuvring saves time and lets you reach your destination faster.
- Easy to drive on any road: Two-wheelers can be easily driven on narrow roads as well as difficult terrains. Mountain roads can be a little difficult to tread on, but two-wheelers make it easy and much safer.
- Parking issues are at bay with two-wheelers: Because of its compact nature, two wheelers can be easily parked at places which have a paucity of space. With metropolitan cities where houses have limited parking space and markets are always jam packed, two-wheelers are a dream come true.
- No Toll Tax: While four wheelers have to pay toll tax for intercity travel, two wheelers are exempted from tax paying. This considerably reduces the travel cost and makes it more convenient.
- For Adrenaline junkies: Two-wheelers are immensely exciting during long road trips through different terrains. Though one should use all the safety biking gear on long trips; yet it feels amazing to drive a two-wheeler through mountains and picturesque views.
- Beat the heat: For many, riding a bike is more fun as it allows them to enjoy the light breeze reducing their stress levels to a great extent. No matter if the distance is short or long; one bike ride in the evening hours or at late night is all one needs for refreshment.
So, these are the top 7 advantages of riding a two-wheeler in the city. A bike trip is indeed more fun than a 4-wheeler trip, yet it’s important to follow up the rules properly to keep you safe.