The serene locales of Leh Ladakh have a charismatic charm. One look at the snow-capped valleys, breathtaking views, scenic beauty, and you would fall in love with the place. If you are an avid traveller who loves to explore some of the stunning destinations in the country, this place is sure to be your paradise.
How about adding to the excitement and thrill?! Although there are quite a few ways to reach the destination, travelling by bike can be an entirely surreal experience. Planning a bike trip to Ladakh is an intensive process that involves some significant factors. Here’s a checklist you need to take a look at before you start:
Your choice of the bike
You are planning a bike trip, and that explains why you need to choose the vehicle first. The road to Leh Ladakh isn’t smooth, and you might have to drive on rough terrains. Quite naturally, your choice of the vehicle will matter to a great extent, as you can’t afford to get stuck in the middle of the road. Breeze through these factors and know what all you need to consider before setting out!
- Age of the vehicle: Gives a crystal clear idea of its performance and pressure withstanding capacity.
- Odometer: Riders will come to know about the current performance modes.
- Condition: Check whether the vehicle is fit and fine or a bit of servicing will do the needful.
- Pillion: Is your tour partner going with you? Make sure your mean machine can carry two people.
- Luggage: Does your vehicle offer enough storage space? If it doesn’t, it is not a good choice.
These factors and aspects will help you choose the vehicle. Once you start considering these points, you will come across these five different bikes for a thrilling Leh Ladakh trip!
Identifying the type
Before you start packing the bags, make sure the vehicle is right there in front of you. Breeze through the suggested bikes and take your pick:
- Royal Enfield: With a strong engine, heavy built, and 350 to 500cc power makes it the best option. Take a friend along, and the bike will offer unparalleled riding support.
- Pulsar: 200 to 220 CC engine power, a large fuel reservoir, and exceptional mileage makes Pulsar the ideal choice for avid travellers. Even if you wish to ride continuously, this vehicle will offer the desired support.
- Fazer from Yamaha: Most of the adventure enthusiasts opt for Fazer and over the years, it has come out as a unique option for Leh Ladakh trips.
- Hero Impulse: If it’s a solo ride and you don’t have a pillion rider, this vehicle might turn out to be the perfect partner. The comfortable riding posture won’t make way for fatigue even during a long journey.
- Duke from KTM: When it’s a challenging terrain, you need the most powerful mean machine, and KTM Duke won’t let you down in this regard.
Take your pick
Since now you know the vehicles that can fulfill your dream of setting on a Leh Ladakh bike trip, it’s time to choose the best and say Ciao!
Read more on road safety tips for two-wheelers here.