Good Driving Tips
City driving is stressful, especially during the rush hours.
Here are some simple driving tips to follow to make driving on the roads more systematic and a little less stressful. Award yourself a point for every rule you religiously follow. Let’s vroom!
- Always wear a helmet while driving a two-wheeler and seat-belt while driving a four-wheeler.
- Follow traffic signals and never jump the red light.
- Always stop the vehicle before the Stop Line and leave the Zebra Crossing for pedestrians.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol.
- Avoid talking on the mobile phone while driving.
- Use the indicator light while changing lanes and taking a turn.
- Drive the vehicle within prescribed speed limits.
- Check the tyre pressure of your vehicle regularly and keep it in good condition.
- Get timely pollution check done.
- Carry your driving license, registration papers and insurance certificate with information on vehicle insurance policy.
- Do not use headlights in full beam when driving in the city.
- Use dipper while driving at night.
- Do not speed when it is raining or there is heavy fog.
- Use the rear-view mirror while changing lanes or turning the vehicle.
- Never park in ‘No Parking’ areas.
- Avoid blowing the horn repeatedly.
- Use car pool or public transport whenever possible.