Agra, famous for the monument of love, Taj Mahal is a cultural and industrial hub located in a city in the state of Uttar Pradesh. With the increasing urbanization, there is an enhancement in the living standards of people. With more people purchasing vehicles, there is a need to monitor the roads and provide services to the people.
RTO Agra works under the jurisdiction of RTO Uttar Pradesh. The head of the RTO is the Transport Commissioner, who overlooks all the functions of the RTO. The RTO ensures improvement in the road transport services provided to the people. It also makes sure that the people are following all the rules and regulations laid down by the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Office Agra:
Services related to vehicle registration:
- Temporary Registration Certificate
- Permanent Registration Certificate
- Refresh the RC
- Issuance of No Objection Certificate
- Transfer of vehicle ownership
- Canceling RC
- Renewal of registration
- Issuing a duplicate Registration Certificate in case of theft, loss, or damage
- Issuing the RC to private and public vehicles
Services Related to DL:
- Issuing the Learner’s DL
- Issuing the permanent DL
- Issuance of a duplicate DL in case of theft, loss, or damage
- Conducting a driving test for people who have applied for a license
- Providing assistance related to online/offline applications of DL
- Issuance of International Driving License
- Providing DLs to differently-abled people
- Cancellation of the DL
Services Related to the issue of Permits:
- Issuance of permits to buses (passenger and school)
- Stage Carriage permit
- Maxi cabs, radio cabs, etc. permits
- National Permit for goods carriage
- Permits to the private service vehicles
- Various types of road tax
- Decides the amount of road tax to levy
- Decides the structure of the tax
Pollution and Fuel:
- Issues Pollution Under Control certificate
- Regulates the fuel consumption by the vehicles
Safety Measures for the Peoples:
- Ensures that the people follow all the rules and regulations like wearing helmets, following the traffic signals, etc.
- Makes sure all the vehicles on the road are safe
RTO Agra Contact Number and Address:
|Agra RTO Code||UP-80|
|RTO Agra Address||339, Transport Colony, Transport Nagar, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282002|
|Contact Number||0562 260 0793|
|RTO Agra Timing||10:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Temporary and permanent registration in RTO Agra:
- Temporary Registration: Temporary registration is provided by the dealer to the owner of the vehicle at the time of buying the vehicle. This registration is valid for one month only. Before this registration expires, the owner is expected to get his vehicle permanently registered with the RTO Agra.
- Permanent Registration: The permanent registration can be availed by the vehicle owner from the RTO Agra. It is mandatory to get your vehicle registered to drive it on the roads in India. For getting your vehicle registered you must fill up a form and submit the relevant documents at the RTO office Agra along with the applicable fees.
Get Motor Vehicle Insurance in Agra:
In India, it is mandatory to get vehicle insurance to drive vehicles on the road. If you are driving your vehicle without insurance, then you may face punishment in the form of fines. So, you must get an insurance policy so that you can drive your vehicle legally.
A motor insurance policy protects you from financial burden in case there of an emergency on the road. There are three types of coverage that you can get when you buy a motor insurance policy for yourself. These include:
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: This plan covers both damages and bodily injury to both self and third party.
- Third-Party Liability: This plan covers damages and bodily injury to both third party only.
You can also get some add-on covers that can provide you extra financial assistance and better coverage. Some of the common add-ons cover that you can buy include zero depreciation cover, consumables cover, roadside assistance cover, key replacement cover, no claim bonus cover, etc. These covers enhance your coverage and help you to offset some of the major expenses that you incur when there is an accident on the road.
Before you buy an insurance policy for yourself you must read all the information clearly and compare different policies so that you can get the best one according to your requirements. Some of the things that you need to consider before buying a policy include coverage amount, premiums, and the claim settlement process. It is advisable to buy a policy after careful consideration and comparison.
1) How can I get a registration number in Agra?
To get a registration number in Agra you must fill forms no 20, 21, and 22. You must submit the forms along with your address proof, insurance document, form 34 (if the vehicle is on a loan), proof of payment of road tax, and the applicable registration fees.
2) How can I change my address in my RC Book in Agra?
To change your address in your RC Book, you must visit RTO Agra fill form no 33 (with chassis print), PUC certificate, original RC book, address proof, NOC from the financer (in case there is a loan), insurance document, and the applicable fees.
3) What documents do I need to transfer the ownership of my vehicle to Agra?
The documents that you need to transfer the ownership of your vehicle in Agra include form no 19 and 30 (with chassis number written with a pencil), form no 31 (in case of inheritance), form no 32 (in case of a public auction), PUC certificate, insurance document, original RC, proof of address & identity, and the applicable fees of Rs 30 (for a bike) & Rs 100 (for a car).
4) If I lose my RC, how can I get a duplicate RC in Agra?
To get a duplicate RC, you must apply to RTO Agra. You must fill the form and submit it along with a police report, PUC, address proof, insurance document, NOC from the financer (in case of a loan), and the applicable fees.
click here, to apply for duplicate RC online.
5) If my vehicle registration has expired, how can I renew the RC of my vehicle?
To get your registration renewed after 15 years of purchasing the vehicle, you must visit the RTO Agra. You must fill CMV form no 25, registration certificate of the vehicle, road tax receipt, insurance document, and any proof of address. After the documents are submitted, the RTO Agra will inspect the vehicle. After this is verified, your RC will be renewed for 5 years.