Allahabad is a metropolis located in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The city is also known as the judicial capital of the state with the Allahabad High Court located there. It is also one of the oldest cities in the Hindu mythological texts and is located near the Triveni Sangam.
The Allahabad RTO establishes the rules and regulations mentioned under Section 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Some of the important functions of RTO Allahabad are related to the issuance of a driving license, registration certificate, and provision of permits. The RTO office also ensures the improvement and growth of the road transport facilities in the city.
Roles and Responsibilities of Allahabad RTO:
- Conduct a test for the issue of driving license
- Issuance of the driving license and learner’s license
- Renewal of the DL
- Issue and renewal of the Motor Driving School license
- Issuance of the International Driving License
- Addition of a class of vehicle to the DL
- Issue and renewal of the driving instructor’s license
- Issue of a DL for the conductor’s
- Assistance with any applications related to DL
Registration Certificate and related work:
- Issues permanent and temporary RC
- Transfer of ownership in the RC
- Issue of a duplicate RC in case of loss, damage, or theft
- Change of address in RC
- Entry or loan hypothecation in the RC
- No Objection Certificate Issuance (in case of sending the vehicle to a different state)
- Renewal of the trade certificate
- Checking the vehicle fitness and issuing a vehicle fitness certificate
- Issuance of permits like carriage permit and stage permit
- Issue of a duplicate RC in case of loss, theft, or damage
Collection of revenue on the behalf of the government:
- Motor Vehicle Tax/ Road Tax
- IMV Fees Collection
- DA (Departmental Action) Cases
Safety of the environment and ensuring pollution control:
- Pollution Under Control Testing
- CNG/LPG conversion of vehicles
Taking steps to ensure the safety of people on the road:
The RTO office Allahabad ensures that the people follow all the rules and regulations and take steps in case there is something that can be improved to make the roads more secure.
Allahabad RTO Number and Address:
|Allahabad RTO Code||UP-70|
|RTO Address||T.P Nagar, Transport Nagar, Dhoomanganj, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh 211011|
|Contact Number||1800 180 0151 (Toll-free)|
|Timings||10:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Types of vehicle registration at RTO Allahabad:
- Temporary Registration: The temporary registration is provided to you at the time of buying the vehicle from the showroom. You can only drive in Allahabad for a limited time with this registration. Before the expiry of the temporary registration, you must apply for permanent RC.
- Permanent Registration: It is mandatory for every vehicle moving on the roads of Allahabad to have a permanent registration certificate. You must apply for permanent registration at Allahabad RTO. To apply, you must visit the office and fill out the form along with the documents required and the fees.
Must Read: Steps to apply for RTO Registration online
Get Vehicle Insurance in Allahabad:
With the development of road transport in the city, there has been a growing need for Motor Vehicle Insurance. It is mandatory to get motor vehicle insurance for all the vehicles that ply on the roads of India. So, you must get vehicle insurance if you want to drive your vehicle on the roads of Allahabad.
A motor vehicle insurance policy offers complete protection from any emergencies that may arise on the road. Under the motor vehicle insurance policy, you can get the following coverages:
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: This plan covers damages and bodily injury caused to third-party and self in case of an accident.
- Third-Party Liability: This plan covers damages and bodily injuries to third-party only.
You can also get riders or add-on covers so that you can increase the coverage of the insurance policy. The riders that you can purchase include Zero Depreciation Cover, NCB Protection Cover, Key Replacement Cover, Roadside Assistance Cover, etc. that will be beneficial for you.
Before you buy an motor insurance policy you must read and research all the information that may influence your decision to buy an insurance policy. These include the amount of coverage, the premium, the claim settlement process, etc. It is advised that you read the policy document carefully before investing.
1) What documents do I require to get my vehicle registered in Allahabad?
In India, it is mandatory to get your vehicle registered it drive it on the roads. The documents that you need include forms no 20, 21, and 22 along with your ID proof, address proof, insurance document, custom clearance document (in case the vehicle is imported), and STA approval (in case it is a semi-trailer or trailer).
2) Can I get an international driving license in Allahabad?
Yes, you can apply for an international driving license at the Allahabad RTO with the relevant documents and fees.
3) How can I get my address changed in my RC book in Allahabad?
To get your address changed you must fill form no 33 with a chassis print and submit documents like original RC, insurance document, NOC (in case you have taken a loan for the vehicle), PUC certificate, and address proof along with the applicable fees.
4) How can I get a duplicate RC in case I have lost it?
To get a duplicate RC you need to apply with a police report stating the loss, PUC, insurance document, proof of address, NOC (from financer), and the applicable fees.
5) How can I get my vehicle re-registered in Allahabad if I have relocated here from Chennai?
If you have relocated to Allahabad from Chennai, then you must get your vehicle re-registered here. You must visit the RTO Allahabad office and submit all the relevant documents with a prescribed form along with the applicable road tax in Allahabad. Also, you must submit a NOC that you must get from the state where your vehicle was previously registered.