The Transport Department of Chhattisgarh ensures the compliance and enforcement of various provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988 in Chhattisgarh. The main objective of Regional Transport Offices in Chhattisgarh is to maintain and promote road transport regulations to ensure the safety of the people of Chhattisgarh.
RTO Chhattisgarh is an indispensable part of the Transport Department Chhattisgarh, whose main responsibility is to maintain and endorse road transport regulations, pollution checks, and Control and ensure the people's safety.
Role of Chhattisgarh Transport Department (CG Transport):
The Transport Department of Chhattisgarh provides numerous benefits through its various regional transport offices located in Chhattisgarh. RTO in Chhattisgarh is mainly involved in the below-stated functions and services:
- Driving License: Issuance of learner’s license in case the vehicle owner or the applicant is learning to drive
- Issuance of driving license to the applicant
- Vehicle Registration: Registration of motor vehicles.
- Issue and Renewal of Permanent Registration Certificate
- Issue and Renewal of Temporary Registration Certificate
- Issuing certificate of motor vehicle registration for non-transport or private vehicles as well as transport or commercial vehicles
- Reissue of Registration Certificate with endorsement or change of address of the vehicle owner
- Issuance of re-registration certificate of the vehicle
- Ownership Transfer: Issuance of transfer of ownership of the vehicle
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate: Issuance and renewal of fitness certificate for non-commercial vehicles and also providing issuance and renewal of fitness certificate for commercial vehicles.
- Online Vehicle Permit: Issuance of permit to various vehicle
- Issuance of National permit.
- Issuance of International permit.
- Road Tax: Collection of road tax and various tax as applicable
- Pollution Control: Keeping check and control of Air and Noise pollution of the vehicles
- Issuance of Pollution under control certificate
- Custom Registration Number: To provide an Online Auction System to bring transparency for allocating the registration mark to the vehicles for customers looking for fancy registration numbers for their vehicle.
Chhattisgarh Vehicle Registration:
Under the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, no vehicle is legally allowed to ply on the road of Chhattisgarh if it has not been registered in the concerned RTO office.
According to prescribed rules of Motor Vehicles, all two-wheeler or four-wheeler vehicles or any other vehicle before plying on the roads of Chhattisgarh must be registered with the RTO within 7 days of its delivery.
According to Chhattisgarh Transport Authority, only the owner of the vehicle can register his/her vehicle. The vehicle cannot be driven on the roads of the State as an unregistered vehicle and a vehicle dealer is not allowed to deliver an unregistered vehicle. Therefore, the vehicle dealer provides a temporary certificate to the owner of the vehicle at the time of its purchase. The vehicle owner will have to apply for registration with the RTO nearest to his/her residential location.
The owner is also required to file an application for it along with relevant documents as stated in the respective District of Transport Office within a specified time period of seven days of the purchase of the new vehicle. The working hours of the transport offices are 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Chhattisgarh Vehicle Registration Code:
There are 30 Regional Transport Offices actively working in the state of Chhattisgarh under the supervision of The Transport Department of Chhattisgarh. The list of all the RTOs with their locations and codes are given below:
|RTO NAME||RTO CODE||RTO NAME||RTO CODE|
|RTO Chhattisgarh||CG 01||RTO Baikunthpur||CG 16|
|RTO Chhattisgarh||CG 02||RTO Jagdalpur||CG 17|
|RTO Chhattisgarh||CG 03||RTO Dantewada||CG 18|
|RTO Raipur||CG-04||RTO Kanker||CG-19|
|RTO Dhamtari||CG-05||RTO Bijapur||CG-20|
|RTO Mahasamund||CG-06||RTO Narayanpur||CG-21|
|RTO Durg||CG-07||RTO Balodabazar||CG-22|
|RTO Rajnandgaon||CG-08||RTO Gariyaband||CG-23|
|RTO Kabirdham||CG-09||RTO Balod||CG-24|
|RTO Bilaspur||CG-10||RTO Bemetara||CG-25|
|RTO Jangir_Champa||CG-11||RTO Sukma||CG-26|
|RTO Korba||CG-12||RTO Kondagaon||CG-27|
|RTO Raigarh||CG-13||RTO Mungeli||CG-28|
|RTO Jashpur||CG-14||RTO Surajpur||CG-29|
|RTO Ambikapur||CG-15||RTO Balrampur||CG-30|
Process of Vehicle Registration in Chhattisgarh:
For registering your vehicle, you can visit the nearest Regional Transport Office in your area, or you can even locate your nearest RTO based on your Pin code. The RTO located near your residential location can only provide you registration of the vehicle. In some cases, the vehicle provider offers temporary registration for the vehicle owner on paying a fee and after submitting prescribed documents. Your regional transport office is according to your permanent address, and the RTO in your area is to be applied for the permanent registration.
After the registration of the vehicle, if you want to know your concerned RTO or the RTO in which your vehicle is registered then you can check the registration number plate of your vehicle.
The first four alphanumeric digits state the RTO of the vehicle.
The First two Alphabets of the registration number are the state code, "CG" for Chhattisgarh
The next two digits are the RTO code in which the vehicle is registered.
Vehicle Registration Types in Chhattisgarh:
There are two processes of registration in the state of Chhattisgarh -
- Temporary Vehicle Registration: Temporary registration is done when buying the vehicle and is done through the vehicle's dealer. Quick registration is offered to the vehicle only for a limited period, generally 7 days or maybe 30 days. A temporary registration can also be extended in some cases. To avail of the temporary registration through the vehicle dealer, you must submit relevant required documents along with the prescribed fees for the same. The vehicle owner is then required to avail the permanent registration by approaching the concerned RTO in Chhattisgarh nearest to the residential address of the vehicle owner. Permanent registration must be done within the time frame in which temporary registration is valid or before its expiry.
- Permanent Vehicle Registration: No vehicle can ply on the roads of the state of Chhattisgarh without a permanent registration. The registering authority in Chhattisgarh is Regional Transport Office Chhattisgarh, which registers and allots registration numbers to the vehicles. The vehicle owner needs to duly apply the Chhattisgarh RTO for a registration number by filling out an application form and relevant documents. Upon receiving the documents and approving them, the concerned RTO allows the vehicle owner the permanent registration number. With the permanent registration number, you can drive a vehicle freely in the state of Chhattisgarh.
What is the Vehicle Registration Process in Chhattisgarh?
The Transport Department in Chhattisgarh has been one of the first departments to provide citizen-friendly and better transport services. In Chhattisgarh, a vehicle can be allowed to be driven in a public place or ply on the roads of the state only after registering it in one of the concerned regional transport offices in Chhattisgarh.
Documents Required for Vehicle Registration in Chhattisgarh:
Form 20 - Application form which is required to be duly filled and submitted
Sales certificate in Form 21 which is issued by the vehicle dealer
Form 22- Roadworthiness certificate as issued by the vehicle manufacturer
Copy of valid vehicle insurance certificate
Pollution Under Control certificate of the vehicle
Purchase Invoice of the vehicle
Age proof and address proof documents of the vehicle
Road tax, applicable taxes, and application fee as it is applicable
Passport size photographs of the vehicle owner
Form 34-Signed by the financer as well as the owner of the vehicle
After verification of the above documents and conducting an inspection of the vehicle, the concerned regional transport office will allot a registration number to the owner of the vehicle.
A vehicle that is registered at Chhattisgarh RTO can be driven in the state. The registration certificate issued for the vehicle is valid for a period of 15 years in the case of non-transport vehicles. Vehicle registration at Chhattisgarh RTO can be done online as well through the official website of the transport department of Chhattisgarh or through an online portal.
On submission of the above-stated documents and the application form, then the Registering authority will verify the documents as well as the authenticity of the information stated therein. The concerned RTO will also conduct an inspection of the vehicle that is to be registered. Upon verification of all of the above, the regional transport office will provide the registration number to the owner along with a registration fee receipt. This receipt is useful to the owner of the vehicle only till he/she does not receive the original registration certificate which will be then sent to the registered address of the vehicle owner.
Vehicle Ownership Transfer Process in Chhattisgarh:
If the owner of the vehicle wants to sell, then he/she has to transfer the ownership of the vehicle in the name of the new buyer of the vehicle. In order to get the ownership certificate, the vehicle owner is required to submit the following documents to the concerned regional transport office. The documents required are stated below:
Original registration certificate of the transferred vehicle
Form 29 and Form 30
Vehicle insurance certificate
Pollution Under Control Certificate
Age proof and address proof documents of the vehicle owner
Applicable registration fee and road tax as stated in the rules
Tip: Compare and buy the best two-wheeler insurance online.
NOC Process in Chhattisgarh
For obtaining a no-objection certificate for registration of the vehicle in the state of Gujarat the owner of the vehicle will have to approach the concerned RTO office in the local area.
The details of the concerned RTO office can be obtained by the vehicle owner in his/her area through the RTO codes for various regional transport office locations.
Application for NOC is required to be made in Form 28 along with the necessary relevant documents in order to process the application for the certificate.
The application form can be obtained online or from the concerned RTO. Before making an application for NOC, You should ensure that you are eligible for applying for it.
Duly fill the form and present it at the counter of the concerned RTO along with the applicable fee and then the officials will start processing the application for the same.
After checking and verifying the application form for its authenticity and correctness the No objection certificate (NOC) will be issued by the concerned RTO to you.
NOC Documents Required in Chhattisgarh:
The following stated documents are required to obtain No-Objection Certificate from the RTO in Chhattisgarh:
Application Form- Form no. 28 is to be submitted to the concerned RTO.
Original Certificate of Registration
Vehicle valid Certificate of Insurance
Proper Evidence of Payment of road tax or other applicable tax up to the date of the Motor Vehicle
Pollution Under Control Certificate of the vehicle
Police Verification Certificate
Aadhaar proof of the applicant
Address proof and ID-Proof of the vehicle
RTO Fancy Registration Number Booking Process in Chhattisgarh:
According to the prescribed provisions as provided under the Motor Vehicles Rules, 1988, some special numbers are kept aside by the transport department for allotment through an open auction arranged by the authority.
An application for obtaining a fancy registration number is required to be submitted at the concerned RTO during office hours. Once the registration number is granted to you, you have to submit the stated registration charges which are higher than normal registration charges and it is to be submitted on the same day at the cash counter during office working hours which is generally 10.00 am to 2.30 pm.
If there is more than one application for a particular fancy number, then the fancy registration number shall be allotted through an open auction conducted by the transport department. The application for the fancy registration number has to be made in plain paper for Non-Transport vehicles. The reservation of the fancy registration number is valid only for 30 days within which the registration process for the same must be completed by the vehicle owner through the concerned RTO Chhattisgarh.
Chhattisgarh RTO Vehicle Registration Conclusion
In order to avoid any payment of any penalty and to freely ply your vehicle in the state of Chhattisgarh, one must get their vehicle registered with the concerned regional CG Transport Office in Chhattisgarh.
The Transport department of Chhattisgarh has simplified the process of registration for the benefit of the people of the state. The RTO’s portal or the official website of the transport department of Chhattisgarh is available for use can by vehicle owners for any queries or application requests for registration. When you buy a new vehicle, you can use the dealer’s service to register the vehicle temporarily. Almost all the major dealers in the state of Chhattisgarh provide a temporary registration number for a price. However, if you want to do the registration of your vehicle by yourself without paying any fees to the vehicle dealer, you can easily proceed and do it by following the steps which are mentioned above.