Lucknow is the capital city of Uttar Pradesh. It is a multicultural city and one of the famous artistic hubs in the state. Lucknow is also known for its rich history and historical buildings.
With the development of the city, there is an increase in the number of vehicles on the roads. The Lucknow RTO works under the jurisdiction of RTO Uttar Pradesh and establishes the rules and regulations of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. It manages and develops services for the road transport of the state so that it can function smoothly.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Office Noida:
The RTO Office Lucknow offers services related to vehicles (both personal as well as commercial). The following are the main functions performed by Lucknow RTO:
- Issuance of Registration Certificate (RC): One of the most important services performed by RTO Lucknow is to issue RCs to new vehicles that are both privately owned and commercial. The RCs are issued for any vehicle running within the jurisdiction of the RTO. The RTO is also responsible for renewal of expired RC, or renewal in case of any alteration to an existing RC and issues a duplicate RC in case of loss or damage.
- Transfer of Ownership: The transfer of ownership of a vehicle from the name of the original owner to the name of the buyer of the vehicle is performed by the RTO Lucknow.
- No Objection Certificate: No Objection Certificate is required if you move your vehicle to a new city. The NOC for the purpose can be obtained from the RTO Lucknow easily after you submit all the documents.
- Trade Certificates: Trade certificates are also issued by the Lucknow RTO after you submit all the relevant documents.
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate: RTO issues fitness certificates to commercial and private vehicles after they pass the fitness test that is conducted by the RTO office.
- Hypothecation Services: When you buy a vehicle on the lease or hire purchase or through a bank loan then in such cases the endorsement of hypothecation of such vehicles in the name of the financial institution is done by the RTO office.
- Granting of Permits: The office is responsible for granting relevant permits to the vehicles. Both types of permits i.e., National Permit or Local Permit are issued.
- Road Tax Collection: The RTO Office Lucknow collects the road taxes on behalf of the government. It also collects the IMV fees.
- Conducting Driving Tests: The RTO Lucknow conducts driving tests for people who apply for a driving license. It also solves any queries that applicants have regarding the process of application of DL.
- Issuance of Learner’s Licence and/or Driving Licence: The issuance of DL is done by the RTO Lucknow for both the RTO Lucknow learning license as well as a driving license.
RTO Lucknow Contact Number and Address:
|Lucknow RTO Code||UP-32|
|RTO Address||The Regional Transport Officer (RTO), Tehri Kothi, MG Road, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh - 226001|
|Contact Number||0522- 2436445, 2433555|
|Timings||10:00 AM-05:00 PM|
Types of Registration:
- Temporary Registration: When you buy a vehicle from the showroom, the vehicle has a temporary registration that you use to drive the vehicle on the road. But, this is valid only for a limited time, and before the expiry, you have to get your vehicle permanently registered with the Lucknow RTO.
- Permanent Registration: Permanent RC is mandatory for plying your car on the roads. You can get your vehicle registered at the Lucknow RTO Office so that you can legally drive your vehicle.
Get vehicle insurance in Lucknow:
With the increase in road transport, the number of accidents has also increased. This has highlighted the need for motor vehicle insurance. In India, it is mandatory to buy motor vehicle insurance if you want to drive your vehicle on the roads. To drive your car in Lucknow, you need valid insurance otherwise you can face punishment.
The insurance plans that you can get in India include:
- Third-Party Liability Only Insurance: This is the insurance that covers damages and injuries caused to the third party in case of an accident. The damages caused to self and injuries to self are not covered. This type of insurance is mandatory in the country.
- Comprehensive Insurance Plan: This is the insurance plan that provides coverage for damages and bodily injury caused to self and third-party as well.
There are many add-on covers that you can purchase to customize your insurance plan. This also helps to enhance the scope of the insurance plan. It is advised to read the policy document carefully before you buy it.
1) I lost my RC. How can I get a duplicate RC in Lucknow?
If you have lost your RC, you can get a duplicate RC from RTO Lucknow by applying with the relevant form, document, and fees.
2) Can I get an international driving license from Lucknow RTO?
Yes, you can apply for an international license from Lucknow RTO by applying with all the documents.
3) Can I renew my insurance plan from Lucknow RTO?
No, you cannot do so as RTO does not offer any insurance plans. You have to contact your insurance provider to renew your insurance plan.
4) Can I get a NOC from RTO Office Lucknow?
In case you are transferring your vehicle from UP to another state in India, you can get a NOC from the RTO Lucknow office. You have to submit the application with the required documents like RC, insurance certificate, PUC, etc.
5) How do I renew my driving license in Lucknow?
You can renew your DL by visiting the RTO Office Lucknow and submitting the relevant documents along with the fees. If you have any queries you can also visit the online website of the RTO Lucknow.