Nagpur is the biggest city situated in the state of Maharashtra. It is especially noted for the famous museums with their superb displays of sarcophagi, fossils, an enviable collection of Mughal weaponry, etc. Moreover, the existence of the Raman Science Centre, Sitabuldi Hills also adds to the historic traditionality of the city. Deekshabhumi, a holy place for Buddhists is also located here towards the southwest.
RTO office Nagpur has been established with the idea of proper management and the necessary implementation of the traffic laws and rules. RTO Nagpur city is chiefly vested with the responsibilities of effective management and implementation of the traffic laws and ensuring the overall safety of the public.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Nagpur City:
1) RTO Nagpur License Customs:
- Conducting test for the issuance of the driving license
- Issuing both the learner’s license as well as the driving license
- Renewal of the driving license
- Issuing International Driving license
- Issuance and renewal of the Motor Driving school license
- Adding a respective class of the vehicle to the Driving license
- Issuance and renewal of the driving instructor’s license
- Issuance of the conductor’s driving license
- Assisting in case of any sort of application-related query for Driving License
2) Registration Certificate and Associated Works:
- Issuance of both temporary and permanent Registration Certificate
- Issuing duplicate RC in case of loss or damage of the same
- Registration of ownership transfer on the RC
- Registration and updating of address change on the RC
- Loan or entry hypothecation in the Registration Certificate
- Issuing of NOC required for transferring a vehicle from one state to another
- Renewal of the trade certificate
- Examining the fitness level of the concerned vehicle and issuing a fitness certificate against it
- Issuing various sorts of permits like stage permit, carriage permit, and so on
3) Collecting Taxes on behalf of the Government:
- Departmental Action cases
- Road Tax/Motor Vehicle tax
- Fees collection for IMV
4) Inspection of Vehicles:
- RTO Nagpur city is responsible for checking all the vehicles at every single check post
5) Ensuring Pollution Control:
- LPG/CNG conversion of the vehicles
- PUC testing
6) Ensuring Road Safety:
- RTO Nagpur is responsible for maintaining road safety for the general public and monitor if all the rules, laws and regulations implemented by the transport department is duly followed by all for enhanced security
Nagpur RTO Number and Contact Details:
|RTO Nagpur Code||MH-31|
|RTO Nagpur East Address||Chikali Devasthan, NIT Hall, near Water Tank, Dipti Signal Area, Nagpur, Maharashtra 440034|
Nagpur RTO Passing:
All the vehicles belonging to the Nagpur Urban region will get registered under the branch located opposite the Giripeth Post Office bearing code number 31, whereas the vehicles registered under the RTO Nagpur rural branch will bear the RTO code of 40.
Types of Vehicle registration done at Nagpur RTO:
- Temporary registration: When you buy a brand new vehicle from the showroom, a temporary registration is provided along with. But the validity of this registration is limited up to a month. You must apply for the permanent registration prior to the expiry of the temporary registration.
- Permanent registration: Possessing a permanent registration is compulsory for every vehicle plying on the roads of Nagpur. As soon as you own a vehicle you must visit the nearest RTO office to complete all the formalities for successful registration to avoid any sort of legal obligations in the future. You have to complete the necessary paperwork and submit the relevant charges for this.
Buy Vehicle Insurance in Nagpur:
The wide growth and development of the roads have led to improving the connectivity in more ways than one. But this has also given rise to unforeseen accidental incidents en route. In order to minimise accidental damages, it has become compulsory for every single vehicle to possess valid vehicle insurance for plying. Therefore, Nagpur is also no exception to this rule. You have to buy a motor insurance before you play your vehicle on the roads of Nagpur.
Vehicle insurance offers all-around protection in case of any sort of unprecedented emergencies relating to the vehicle concerned. The motor vehicle insurance policy offers three types of insurance covers:
- The Third-party liability
- Comprehensive Car insurance
- Personal accidental cover for the driver, passenger, the owner-driver.
Apart from these, you can also avail of certain add-on benefits for increased financial assistance offering you extra coverage. This will hype up your insurance policy so that all the excess costs are also covered. These additional covers include Zero Replacement Cover, Key Replacement Cover, NCB Protection cover, Roadside Assistance cover, etc.
Before settling for any specific insurance plan, you must understand all the terms and conditions very clearly without any sort of ambiguity. The important considerable factors include the premium value, the claim settlement terms, the coverage amount, etc.
1) I wish to sell my personal car to my relative. Do I need to change the RC in his/her name?
Yes of course. The RC must always be in the name of the current owner. Therefore, in due course, the registration certificate must be updated.
2) Do I need to approach the RTO for insurance renewal?
No, the RTOs do not play any role directly in the case of renewal of your car’s insurance.
3) Am I allowed to get a carriage permit from Nagpur RTO?
Yes, Nagpur RTO issues a carriage permit depending on the circumstances and requirements. Therefore, you can visit the nearest RTO to settle this issue.
4) I have lost my vehicle’s RC. What should I do?
In case of damage or loss of the RC, you must visit the nearest RTO to obtain a duplicate RC against a charge that needs to be paid.
5) Is there any difference between RTA and RTO?
Regional Transport Authority and Regional Transport Office are technically one and the same organisation. The names are used interchangeably.