Vadodara, earlier known as Baroda, is a cultural and industrial hub located in the city in Gujarat. With the increasing urbanization, there is an enhancement in the living standards of people. With more people purchasing vehicles, there is a need to monitor the roads and provide services.
RTO Vadodara works under the jurisdiction of RTO Gujarat. The head of the RTO is the Transport Commissioner, who overlooks all the functions of the RTO. The RTO ensures improvement in the road transport services provided to the people. It also makes sure that the people follow all the rules and regulations laid down by the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Vadodara
1. Services related to vehicle registration:
- Temporary Registration Certificate
- Permanent Registration Certificate
- Refresh the RC
- Issuance of NOC (No Objection Certificate)
- Transfer of vehicle ownership
- Cancelling RC
- Renewal of registration
- Issuing a duplicate Registration Certificate in case of theft, loss, or damage
- Issuing the RC to private and public vehicles
2. Driving License Related Services:
- Issuing the Learner’s DL
- Issuing the permanent DL
- Issuance of a duplicate DL in case of theft, loss, or damage
- Conducting a driving test for people who have applied for a license
- Providing assistance related to online/offline applications of DL
- Issuance of International Driving License
- Providing DLs to differently-abled people
- Cancellation of the DL
Must Read: All about the driving license.
3. Issue Permits for Vehicles:
- Issuance of permits to buses (passenger and school)
- Stage Carriage permit
- Permits for Maxi cabs, radio cabs, etc.
- National Permit for goods carriage
- Licenses to the private service vehicles
4. Collects Taxes:
- Various types of road tax
- Decides the amount of road tax to levy
- Decides the structure of the tax
5. Pollution and Fuel Control:
- Issues Pollution Under Control certificate
- Regulates the fuel consumption by the vehicles
5. Measures Safety for the peoples:
- Ensures that the people follow all the rules and regulations like wearing helmets, following the traffic signals, etc.
- Makes sure all the vehicles on the road are safe.
RTO Vadodara Contact Number and Address:
|Vadodara RTO Code||GJ-06|
|RTO Vadodara Address||RTO Office, Near Golden Chokdi, NH-8, Darjipura, Vadodara-390006|
|Contact Number||0265 - 2540016|
|Office Timing||10 AM – 5 PM|
Vehicle Registration in RTO Vadodara:
- Temporary Registration: The dealer provides temporary registration to the vehicle owner at the time of buying the vehicle. This registration is valid for one month only. Before this registration expires, the owner is expected to get his vehicle permanently registered with the RTO Vadodara.
- Permanent Registration: The permanent registration can be availed by the vehicle owner from the RTO Vadodara. It is mandatory to get your vehicle registered to drive it on the roads in India. For getting your vehicle registered, you must fill up a form and submit the relevant documents at the RTO office Vadodara along with the applicable fees.
Buy Motor Vehicle Insurance in Vadodara:
In India, it is mandatory to buy vehicle insurance to drive vehicles on the road. If you are driving your vehicle without insurance, then you may face punishment in the form of fines. So, you must get an insurance policy so that you can drive your vehicle legally.
A motor insurance policy protects you from financial burden in case there of an emergency on the road. There are three types of coverages that you can get when you buy motor insurance policy for yourself. These include:
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Third-Party Liability
- Personal Accident Cover
You can also get some add-on covers that can provide you extra financial assistance and better coverage. Some of the common add-ons cover that you can buy include zero depreciation cover, consumables cover, roadside assistance cover, key replacement cover, no claim bonus cover, etc. These covers enhance your coverage and help you offset some of the major expenses you incur when there is an accident on the road.
Before you buy an insurance policy for yourself, you must read all the information clearly. It include coverage amount, premiums, and claim settlement process. It is advisable to buy a policy after careful consideration and comparison.
1. How can I get a registration number in Vadodara?
To get a registration number in Vadodara, you must fill forms no 20, 21, and 22. You must submit the forms along with your address proof, insurance document, form 34 (if the vehicle is on loan), proof of payment of road tax, and the applicable registration fees.
2. How can I change my address in my RC Book in Vadodara?
To change your address in your RC Book, you must visit RTO Vadodara fill form no 33 (with chassis print), PUC certificate, original RC book, address proof, NOC from the financer (in case there is a loan), insurance document, and the applicable fees.
3. What documents do I need to transfer the ownership of my vehicle in Vadodara?
The documents that you need to transfer the ownership of your vehicle in Vadodara include form no 19 and 30 (with chassis number written with a pencil), form no 31 (in case of inheritance), form no 32 (in case of a public auction), PUC certificate, insurance document, original RC, proof of address & identity, and the applicable fees of Rs 30 (for a bike) & Rs 100 (for a car).
4. If I lose my RC, how can I get a duplicate RC in Vadodara?
To get a duplicate RC, you must apply to RTO Vadodara. You must fill the form and submit it along with a police report, PUC, address proof, insurance document, NOC from the financer (in case of a loan), and the applicable fees.
5. If the registration of my vehicle has expired, how can I renew the RC of my vehicle?
To get your registration certificate renewal after 15 years of purchasing the vehicle, you must visit the RTO Vadodara. You must fill CMV form no 25, registration certificate of the vehicle, road tax receipt, insurance document, and any proof of address. After the documents are submitted, the RTO Vadodara will inspect the vehicle. After this is verified, your RC will be renewed for 5 years.
6. How can I make an online appointment for Vadodara learning licence?
For any online appointment, you must visit the saarthi.nic.in, and select “Issue of learning license” tab. You just need to follow the instructions after that, and you can get an appointment to issue of learner's license.
7. How many RTO are there in Gujarat?
There are currently 38 operational RTO offices in various Gujarati cities.
8. How can I make an appointment for a driving licence online?
All you need to do is visit the official website of the ministry of road transport, i.e. https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/, and book an appointment to issue a driving license. The whole application process is online.