Though having a Motor Insurance protects you from loss or consequential damage to your automobile from an accident, collision etc. However, following conditions are generally not covered in Motor Insurance:
- Wear and tear to the automobile and/or its parts
- Loss or damage due to depreciation
- Electrical and mechanical breakdown of the vehicle
- Loss or damage to the vehicle if it is driven by a person without a valid driving license
- Loss or damage to the engine as a result of leakage of oil
- Loss or damage to the vehicle when driven by a person under intoxication or influence of drugs, alcohol etc.
- Loss or damage due to nuclear fission, war, invasion etc.
- Loss or damage to the vehicle due to abuse of car manufacturer’s guidelines
- Any Loss or damage when the Insurance Policy is not in force