SBI Car Insurance
Car insurance is one of the most important things to do for anyone who owns a car, and since it is mandatory, you cannot neglect it. It offers a safety bag for the vehicle and the people in it and safeguards the third party's interest. SBI general insurance offers the policyholder comprehensive car insurance plans with many features and benefits. This post will look at all the features and other relevant information that can come in handy.
One of the best insurance providers in India that provides trustworthy motor insurance policies is SBI General Insurance Company Limited. Since 2010, it has provided services as a joint venture between the State Bank of India and the Insurance Australia Group (IAG).
SBI Car Insurance at a Glance
Let us take a look at the features of SBI Car Insurance:
|Cashless Network Garages||6697+|
|Claim Settlement Ratio(As per company’s website)*||98%|
|Claim settlement||Claim Intimation, Status Tracking & Document Submission through Mobile App & WhatsApp|
|Customer Base||10.67 Crores|
*The data has been sourced from the company's website.
Key Features & Benefits of SBI Car Insurance
SBI car insurance has a lot to offer for people looking to buy/ renew a car insurance plan. The company offers comprehensive car insurance coverage with additional add-ons to enhance the coverage.
- Large Customer Base: SBI car insurance has a large customer base with over 10.67 crores of clients. Many people have chosen to trust the company for their insurance needs.
- PAN India Presence: SBI motor insurance has a PAN India presence with more than 135+ locations. It has a broad reach and can be easily accessible by its customers. So, you won’t have any problem if you buy SBI car insurance plans.
- Excellent Customer Support: Customer service is one of the most essential things SBI motor insurance offers customers. You can quickly contact the customer support team and get your queries solved within a few minutes.
- Comprehensive Coverage: SBI car insurance offers comprehensive motor insurance coverage that offers complete protection to car owners at a low premium.
- No-claim Bonus: Riding cautiously has several advantages, and when you don't file a claim over the course of a policy year, you receive an NCB, which may amount to a 50% discount on the premium for the following year.
Coverage Under SBI Car Insurance
Let us look at everything covered under SBI motor insurance.
- Third-party liability: Liability to a third party in the event of personal harm, wrongful death, or damage to a third party's property.
- Natural Disasters: Natural calamities like lightning, earthquakes, hurricanes, landslides, etc., are insured for your vehicle under the SBI motor insurance plan.
- Loss or Damage: You are covered for loss or damage to your vehicle due to a fire, a self-ignition, an accident, or an explosion.
- Personal Accident Cover: SBI car insurance provide cover for individual owners while driving, and personal accident coverage up to INR 15 lakh is provided. Also available to passengers is coverage of up to INR 2 lakh per person.
- CNG/LPG Kit: if your vehicle is fitted with a CNG/ LPG kit, it will be covered under SBI private car insurance.
Exclusions Under SBI Car Insurance
Every private car insurance company will always have a few items that the motor insurance policy does not cover. Let's examine the exclusions included with your SBI vehicle insurance.
- War: SBI Motor Insurance does not protect against damage, theft, or loss resulting from war, invasion, acts of a foreign adversary, mutiny, insurrection, etc.
- Invalid Driving License: there are occasions when a driver is driving without a valid driving license. In that case, SBI car insurance will not provide any claim assistance since it is deemed an offense.
- Drugs/ Alcohol: If a driver is found to be driving the vehicle under the influence of drugs/ alcohol, SBI general insurance will not offer any claim assistance.
SBI Car Insurance Add-ons
The following are the add-ons that SBI Insurance provides:
- Tyre Cover: The vehicle insurance policy's tyre protection benefit works to fill this gap by covering non-accident-related damages to your car's tubes and tyres. One important factor in calculating the claim's worth under this add-on is the extent of tyre wear.
- Engine Cover: Comprehensive car insurance does not pay for engine damage unless it occurs at the same time as the incident. This addition's impact on the engine will be explored.
- Return to Invoice: Return to Invoice will enable the policyholder to obtain the vehicle's ex-showroom price or last invoice value in the event that it is stolen or completely destroyed. A return to the invoice fills the discrepancy between the IDV and the car's invoice value. IDV is lower than the invoice value as a result of depreciation over time.
- Zero Debt Cover: With a few restrictions, such as tyres, tubes, and batteries, this add-on permits one to recover the full cost of replacing damaged or worn-out auto parts with brand-new ones in addition to the depreciated worth of the items.
- Consumables Cover: Consumables insurance pays for the refilling or replacement of consumables like gearbox oil, nuts, bolts, and screws that are used in the covered vehicle.
Claim Process Under SBI Car Insurance
The following describes the SBI vehicle Insurance claim resolution process:
- Make a call to the customer support line for the vehicle insurance company.
- A link for self-inspection will be sent to the policyholder's registered cellphone number.
- Send pictures of the damaged vehicle to the company as proof.
- Choose between a cash advance and a network of cashless garages for your repairs.
Renewal Process Under SBI Car Insurance
Let us look at the Renewal Process of SBI Car Insurance.
- Visit SBI General Insurance Company’s official webiste.
- Click on the renewal section.
- The new tab will ask you to select the vehicle.
- Enter the details like vehicle policy number and registration number.
You may renew your vehicle insurance offline if you cannot do so online. You can finish the renewal procedure here if you provide the necessary documents listed below.
Documents Required for Car Insurance Renewal
You will need a few supporting documents when renewing your vehicle insurance policy to finish the process. Here is the list of documents:
- Old car Insurance Policy
- Govt. ID Proofs
- Valid Driving License
- Updated Photograph
- Credit/ Debit Card Details
SBI Car Insurance Contact Details
Here you can find the contact details that you can use to get in touch with SBI motor insurance.
Office Address: 9th Floor, A & B Wing, Fulcrum Building, Sahar Road, Andheri(East), Mumbai 400099
Toll-Free Number: 1800 102 1111
Email Address: email@example.com