Regional Transport Office, Arunachal Pradesh, came into being with the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. Its main objective is to ensure the implementation of the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The transport commissioner presides the office. RTO Arunachal Pradesh also registers vehicles, issues driving licenses, offers relief to people in road accidents, and keeps a tab on pollution.
Work of Arunachal Pradesh RTO:
The regional transport offices in Arunachal Pradesh do the following for the general public-
Enforces and implements the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act
Issues driving licenses
Issues no objection certificates
Takes care of the safety of the network of roads
Locations of Arunachal Pradesh Transport Offices:
To be able to perform its responsibilities without any difficulty, RTO Arunachal Pradesh functions from different locations. Given below is a table with detailed information in this regard. Regional Transport Officer (RTO) Arunachal Pradesh:
|District||Name of Authority||Registration Mark Series|
|Itanagar||Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh - 791111||AR01|
|Itanagar||Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh – 791111||AR02|
|Tawang||Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh - 790104||AR03|
|Bomdila||Bomdila, West Kamenga, Arunachal Pradesh - 790001||AR04|
|Seppa||Seppa, East Kamenga, Arunachal Pradesh - 79010291-3787-222576||AR05|
|Ziro||Ziro, Lower Subansiri, Arunachal Pradesh - 791120||AR06|
|Daporijo||Daporijo, Upper Subansiri, Arunachal Pradesh - 791122||AR07|
|Along||Along, West Siang, Arunachal Pradesh - 791001||AR08|
|Pasighat||Pasighat, East Siang, Arunachal Pradesh - 791102||AR09|
|Anini||Anini, Debang Valley, Arunachal Pradesh - 792101||AR10|
|Lohit||Tezu, Lohit, Arunachal Pradesh - 792001||AR11|
|Changlang||Changlang, Arunachal Pradesh - 792122||AR12|
|Khonsa||Khonsa, Tirap, Arunachal Pradesh - 792130||AR13|
|Yingkiong||Yingkiong, Upper Siang, Arunachal Pradesh - 791002||AR14|
|Kurung Kumey||Kurung Kumey, Arunachal Pradesh - 791118||AR15|
|Roing||Roing, Lower Dibang Valley, Arunachal Pradesh - 792110||AR16|
Services Charges of RTO Office in Arunachal Pradesh:
The registration fee depends on the type of vehicle you plan to register with the office.
- Car: INR 600/-
- Three-wheeler: INR 1000/-
- Lorry-stage carrier: INR 1500/-
- Fitness Certificate Renewal: INR 200/-
- Learning driving license fees: INR 150/-
- Permanent driving license fees: INR 300/-
As mentioned above, the fee structure changes from time to time. Check RTO’s official portal for more information in this regard.
Locating Your Regional Transport Office:
All the motor vehicles on the Indian roads are registered with their assigned transport offices. And the new provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act require that the initial letters on the vehicles should indicate where they belong to. Thus, the initial two letters of your vehicle’s registration number stand for the State you reside. The following two numbers inform anyone of your local transport office. And for Telangana, the newly formed State, the initial letters will be TS for new vehicles. It will remain AP as for Andhra Pradesh for older vehicles.
Why Everyone need to Register your Vehicle?
As you know, no unregistered vehicle is allowed on Indian roads. Ignoring the rule will attract considerable fines in the form of penalties as per the MV Act 1988.
Types of Vehicle Registration in Arunachal Pradesh:
There are two options for a vehicle owner to register his/her asset; temporary and permanent. A temporary registration can happen in two scenarios:
- It will take time to build the body of the vehicle
- A non-transport vehicle has to be taken from a regional transport office to the place where it was bought.
Follow the steps given below to apply for a temporary registration for your vehicle in Arunachal Pradesh:
- Contact the regional transport office in your locality.
- Fill up the application in Form 20. You may get it from the office or download it from the RTO portal.
- Keep all documents at hand.
- Submit the correctly filled application along with the required documents on the counter.
- At this, the officials will start processing your application.
- They pencil-trace your vehicle’s chassis number.
- Upon verification, you receive your permanent registration certificate.
- Application in Form 20
- Sales certificate
- Roadworthiness certificate from the vehicle manufacturer
- Pollution under control certificate
- PUC and fitness certificates from where the body of the vehicle was produced
- A valid certificate of insurance
- Original sale certificate if it is an ex-army vehicle
- Address proof (EPIC, LIC policy, ration card, or an affidavit sworn before a first-class judicial or an executive
- Copy of design approval if it is a trailer
- Chassis number
- Bonafide certificate from Tahsildar if it is a tractor used for agriculture
- 3 copies of passport-size photographs
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Unloaded weight certificate for a transport vehicle
- Lifetime tax for the non-transport vehicle
- Permit for a commercial vehicle
It is the vehicle owner who should apply. Your dealer may apply on your behalf. If you have a temporary registration certificate, you should use for its permanent variant at the stipulated time.
Application for permanent registration works almost in the same manner. It should be done within seven days after delivering the vehicle. It is registering vehicles brought from outside the State.
Arunachal Pradesh has recently decided to cancel the registration of commercial vehicles from outside the State. You may even come across certain limitations about smaller vehicles. Contact the concerned authorities and act accordingly.
Applying for a NOC( No-objection Certificate) in Arunachal Pradesh:
No objection certificate is a legal document that allows you to register your vehicle in another State. NOC indicates that your vehicle is not stolen and has no tax dues. Contact your local, regional transport office and do as per the instructions you receive.
Process to Transfer the Vehicle Ownership in Arunachal Pradesh:
Do the following to transfer the ownership of your vehicle to anyone you choose:
- See to it that you are eligible for the process.
- Contact your local transport office.
- Fill up all the forms as per the prescribed norms:
- Form 28 (if the vehicle is for sale)
- Form 30
- Form 31 (in the instance of the death of the owner)
- Form 32 (if it is an auction
- Keep all the required documents at hand.
- Submit the completed application form along with required documents to the concerned authority.
- Pay the stipulated fees in the counter.
- If the application is filled accurately, the office will continue with the process.
- Upon inspection, you will receive a receipt. And the registration certificate will be issued in three working days.
How to book a fancy vehicle Registration Number in Arunachal Pradesh
Contact your nearest RTO. Inquire if you can have a fancy registration number for your vehicle. And do as per the instructions you receive from the office.