Ghaziabad is a city in the state of Uttar Pradesh. It is also a part of the NCR. Well connected by roads and railways, the city is one of the major junctions in North India. With the rapid development of the city, it is regarded as one of the fastest-growing cities in the world.
Ghaziabad RTO has been established to ensure the proper implementation of all the rules and regulations under the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. Ghaziabad RTO office also ensures the proper management of road transport. It works under the jurisdiction of RTO Uttar Pradesh.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Office Ghaziabad:
- A test is conducted at first for the issuance of the driving license
- Issuing both learner's license as well as a driving license
- Renewal of the driving license
- Both the issuance and the renewal of the Motor Driving School license
- Issuing International Driving license for the deserving candidates
- Adding the class of vehicle to the respective driving license
- Issuance and renewal of the license of the driving instructor
- Issuance of the conductor’s driving license
- Providing any assistance with the driving license-related application(s)
- Issuing both permanent as well as temporary registration certificate as per requirements
- Ownership transfer in the registration certificate
- Issuing duplicate RC in case of loss or damage of the same
- Address change in the registration certificate
- Any sort of loan or entry hypothecation in the registration certificate
- Issuance of NOC in case of inter-state vehicle transfer
- Renewal of the trade certificate
- Ensuring the fitness level of the vehicle and issuing the vehicle fitness certificate
- Issuing various sorts of permits like stage permit, carriage permit and the like
- Issuance of duplicate registration certificate in case of loss or damage of the same
Collecting taxes and revenues for the government:
- Collection of road tax, motor vehicle tax
- Departmental Action case charges
- Collection of IMV fees
Inspection of the vehicles at the check posts:
- Inspection of the vehicles at the check posts spread across the city, especially towards the border areas, for preventing any sort of crime(s)
Ensuring pollution control:
- PUC testing
- Converting the vehicles to LPG/CNG
Ensuring road safety for the public:
- Ghaziabad RTO office ensures that the general public abides by all the rules and regulations stated by the Motor Vehicle Act and takes necessary steps in case of breach
Ghaziabad RTO Number and Contact Details:
|Office Address||B35, Bulandshahr Bypass Rd, Block B, Industrial Area, Bulandshahr Road Industrial Area, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh- 201001|
|Contact Number||0120-2703888, 0120- 2703884|
|Office Timings||10:00 AM – 05:00 PM|
Types of Vehicle Registration at RTO Ghaziabad:
- Temporary Vehicle: This is the type of registration that the dealer does at the time of purchase of a vehicle so that the vehicle owner can legally drive the vehicle on the road. The validity of this registration is for a limited period. Before the temporary registration expires, the vehicle owner must get the vehicle permanently registered at the nearest RTO.
- Permanent Registration: It is mandatory to carry the registration certificate with you whenever you drive your vehicle. You can get your vehicle registered at the RTO Ghaziabad. For registering, you must submit all the relevant documents and fill-up the form. Within a few days, you will receive the registration certificate that you can use to drive your car anywhere in India.
Vehicle Insurance in Ghaziabad:
Because of the increase in the number of vehicles on the road, there has been an increase in the number of accidents on the road. Without a proper motor insurance policy, you can face punishment and fines as well.
- The third-party liability: This is the mandatory insurance you should have to drive your vehicle on the road. Under this insurance coverage is provided for any damage or bodily injury caused to the third party in case of an accident.
- Comprehensive Car insurance: This is comprehensive protection, and it provides coverage for third-party damages and injury and damages caused to your own vehicle.
There are many riders/add-on covers that you can purchase to increase the scope of your vehicle insurance. These include zero depreciation cover, key replacement cover, engine cover, etc and you can purchase these at an extra premium.
Before you buy an insurance policy, make sure that you read all the terms and conditions properly so that there is no ambiguity. You also need to understand various other factors like claim settlement ratio, premium amount, coverage amount, etc before you buy the motor vehicle insurance policy.
1) Can I get a carriage permit from Ghaziabad RTO?
Yes, you can get a carriage permit from the Ghaziabad RTO. To apply for the carriage permit, you need to submit the relevant documents and also specify the requirements of the permit.
2) Can I renew my policy at the RTO Office Ghaziabad?
The RTO Office Ghaziabad does not play any role in the renewal of your insurance policy. You have to contact your insurance company to renew your policy.
3) I lost my RC. What can I do in this case?
If you have lost your RC then you can apply for a duplicate RC at the RTO Ghaziabad with the documents and the applicable fees.
4) What are the timings of the RTO office Ghaziabad?
The RTO office Ghaziabad operates from 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM from Monday to Saturday.
5) I wish to transfer my vehicle from Uttar Pradesh to Andhra Pradesh. Where do I get the NOC from?
You can apply for a NOC at the RTO Ghaziabad. For the NOC, you have to submit the documents and the applicable fees.