Situated in the Konkan division of Maharashtra, Kalyan city is a part of the Thane district. It is considered as one of the neighbouring cities of Mumbai within the administrative jurisdiction of the Kalyan-Dombivali Municipal Corporation. It is positioned as the 9th largest city in the state of Maharashtra and 28th in India.
Kalyan RTO was developed to provide effect to the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. The principal vision of the organisation was to provide safe transportation facilities for both the goods as well as the passengers. The Kalyan RTO office is vested with the important responsibility of maintaining and implementing new traffic rules and regulations to ensure the safety of the public.
Roles and Responsibilities of Kalyan RTO:
1) Driving License:
- Conducting a driving test for the issuance of a driving license
- Issuing both learner’s license as well as driving license
- Renewing Driver’s license
- Issuance and renewal of Motor Driving School license
- Issuing International Driving License
- Adding a specified class of vehicle to the DL
- Issuance and renewal of the driving instructor’s license
- Issuance of conductor’s DL
- Assisting with any sort of application-related query for DL
- RTO Kalyan online license application helps to receive the license within the comfort of you’re your home with just a few clicks
2) Registration Certificate and related work:
- Solving queries and issues related to both temporary and permanent RC
- Ownership transfer in the Registration Certificate
- Issuance of duplicate RC in case loss or damage of the same
- Updating address change to the Registration Certificate
- Entry or loan hypothecation
- Issuing NOC required for inter-state vehicle transfer
- Renewal of the trade certificate
- Scrutinizing the vehicle fitness and issuing fitness certificate of the same
- Issuing multiple types of permits like stage permit, carriage permit, etc
3) Collection of Taxes:
- Collecting Road tax/Motor Vehicle tax on behalf of the government
- Departmental Action cases
- Fees collection for IMV
4) Inspection of Vehicles:
- Kalyan RTO office is responsible for inspecting every single vehicle at each of the check posts
4) Monitoring Pollution Control:
- Ensuring PUC testing
- Converting vehicles to LPG/CNG
4) Ensuring the General Safety of the Public:
- Kalyan RTO ensures the proper management of the traffic rules for the general safety of the public at large and seeking rooms for further growth and development
Kalyan RTO Address and Contact Number:
|Kalyan RTO Code||MH-05|
|Kalyan RTO contact number||0251 223 0505, +91-251-2230505|
|RTO Kalyan email email@example.com|
|RTO office Kalyan west address||Near Birla College, Sahyadri Nagar, Chikanghar, Kalyan (W), Thane 421301|
Types of vehicle registration at RTO Kalyan:
- Temporary registration: When you buy a new vehicle from the showroom then temporary registration is provided. The validity of this registration is limited for a short span of not more than a month. You need to apply for a permanent registration prior to the expiry of the temporary one.
- Permanent registration: This is compulsory for each and every vehicle to ply on the roads of Kalyan. Every vehicle plying here must possess valid registration with the RTO office of Kalyan. You have to apply for a permanent registration within the specified time span from the nearest RTO. You have to complete the necessary paperwork and submit the relevant fees for obtaining permanent registration.
With the rapid growth and development of the roads and transport facilities, there has been improvement in the overall infrastructure of the country in more ways than one and have been proven to be beneficial for the public at large. But at the same, there are risks of unforeseen accidents occurring on the route. To manage such unprecedented emergencies, it has become mandatory for every vehicle to possess vehicle insurance for ensuring safety.
The vehicle insurance policy mentioned by the Motor Vehicle offers overall protection from any sort of unprecedented accidents that may occur on road. Under this policy there are three basic types of covers:
- Third-party liability
- Comprehensive car insurance
- Personal accident coverage for the owner-driver, passenger and the driver
You can also avail yourself of the opportunity to get additional covers for increased financial assistance to cover all the additional costs. These sorts of additional covers include Zero Depreciation cost, Key Replacement Cost, NCB Protection Cover, Roadside Assistance Cover, etc.
Before you settle for any particular insurance plan, you must carefully consider and understand all the important features and factors to avoid any sort of obligation in future. The chief considerable factors include the premium value, the coverage amount, the settlement procedure, etc. You should buy vehicle insurance policy after clearing all doubts and ambiguities related to the same.
1) What is the name of the official website of Maharashtra RTOs?
The name of the official website of the Maharashtra transport department is transport.maharashtra.gov.in. You can get all the relevant details from this site.
2) What is the validity period of a learner’s license?
The validity of a learner’s license is not more than six months.
3) My DL has expired a year back. Should I renew it or obtain a fresh one?
You can renew your existing DL within five years of its expiry. Late renewal penalty will be charged accordingly as per the prevalent rate.
4) Can I renew a learner’s licence?
Yes, prior to the date of expiry, you can renew the learner’s license.
5) What are the documents that I need to carry along with me while driving?
While driving you must possess the following original documents:
- Registration certificate
- Driving license
- Vehicle insurance
- PUC certificate
- Taxation certificate
- Road permit
- Fitness certificate
For more info, click here