Lucknow Regional Transport Office (Lucknow RTO)
Lucknow is the capital city of Uttar Pradesh. It is a multicultural city and one of the famous artistic hubs in the state. Lucknow is also known for its rich history and historical buildings.
With the development of the city, there is an increase in the number of vehicles on the roads. The Lucknow RTO works under the jurisdiction of RTO Uttar Pradesh and establishes the rules and regulations of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Lucknow RTO manages and develops services for the road transport of the state so that it can function smoothly.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Office Lucknow
The RTO Office Lucknow offers services related to vehicles (both personal as well as commercial). The following are the main functions performed by Lucknow RTO:
Issuance of Registration Certificate (RC): One of the most important services RTO Lucknow performs is to issue RCs to new privately owned and commercial vehicles.
The RCs are issued for any vehicle running within the jurisdiction of the Lucknow RTO. The Lucknow RTO is also responsible for renewal of expired RC, or renewal in case of any alteration to an existing RC and issues a duplicate RC in case of loss or damage.
- Transfer of Ownership: The transfer of ownership of a vehicle from the name of the original owner to the name of the buyer of the vehicle is performed by the RTO Lucknow.
- No Objection Certificate: No Objection Certificate is required if you move your vehicle to a new city. The NOC can easily be obtained from the RTO Lucknow after you submit all the documents.
- Trade Certificates: Trade certificates are also issued by the Lucknow RTO after you submit all the relevant documents.
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate: Lucknow RTO issues fitness certificates to commercial and private vehicles after they pass the fitness test conducted by Lucknow RTO officials.
- Hypothecation Services: When you buy a vehicle on the lease or hire purchase or through a bank loan, then in such cases, the Lucknow RTO office will endorse the hypothecation of such vehicles in the name of the financial institution.
- Granting of Permits: The office is responsible for granting relevant vehicle permits. Both types of permits, i.e., National Permits or Local Permits, are issued.
- Road Tax Collection: The RTO Office Lucknow collects the road taxes on behalf of the government. It also collects the IMV fees.
- Conducting Driving Tests: The RTO Lucknow conducts driving tests for people who apply for a driving license. It also solves any queries applicants have regarding the application process of DL.
- Issuance of Learner’s Licence and/or Driving Licence: The issuance of DL is done by the RTO Lucknow for both the RTO Lucknow learning license and a driving license.
RTO Lucknow Contact Number and Address
Find the details of Lucknow RTO with all contact details and address.
Types of Registration at Lucknow RTO
The vehicle owner can get their vehicle registered under Lucknow RTO.
- Temporary Registration: When you buy a vehicle from the showroom, the vehicle has a temporary registration that you use to drive the vehicle on the road. But, this is valid only for a limited time, and before the expiry, you have to get your vehicle permanently registered with the Lucknow RTO.
- Permanent Registration: Permanent RC is mandatory for plying your car on the roads. You can get your vehicle registered at the Lucknow RTO Office so that you can legally drive your vehicle.
Get Vehicle Insurance in Lucknow
The number of accidents has also increased with the increase in road transport. This has highlighted the need for motor vehicle insurance. In India, it is mandatory to buy motor vehicle insurance if you want to drive your vehicle on the roads. You need valid insurance to drive your car in Lucknow; otherwise, you can face punishment.
The insurance plans that you can get in India include:
- Third-Party Liability Only Insurance: This insurance covers damages and injuries caused to the third party in case of an accident. The damages caused to self and injuries to self are not covered. This type of insurance is mandatory in the country.
- Comprehensive Insurance Plan: This insurance plan also provides coverage for damages and bodily injury caused to self and third-party.
There are many add-on covers that you can purchase to customize your insurance plan. Add-ons also help to enhance the scope of the insurance plan. It is advised to read the policy document carefully before you buy it.
Lucknow RTO FAQs
1) I lost my RC. How can I get a duplicate RC in Lucknow RTO?
Ans. If you have lost your RC, you can get a duplicate RC from RTO Lucknow by applying with the relevant form, document, and fees.
2) Can I get an international driving license from Lucknow RTO?
Ans. Yes, you can apply for an international license from Lucknow RTO by applying with all the documents.
3) Can I renew my insurance plan from Lucknow RTO?
Ans. No, you cannot do so, as Lucknow RTO does not offer any insurance plans. You have to contact your insurance provider to renew your insurance plan.
4) Can I get an NOC from RTO Office Lucknow?
Ans. If you transfer your vehicle from UP to another state in India, you can get an NOC from the RTO Lucknow office. You must apply with the required documents like RC, insurance certificate, PUC, etc.
5) How do I renew my driving license in Lucknow RTO?
Ans. You can renew your DL by visiting the RTO Office Lucknow and submitting the relevant documents along with the fees. If you have any queries, you can also visit the online website of the RTO Lucknow.