HDFC ERGO Health Insurance is a joint venture between ERGO International AG and HDFC Limited. HDFC Health Insurance has more than 200 branches in 170 cities across India. HDFC ERGO Health Insurance offers its customers a variety of health insurance plans that provide financial coverage in case of medical emergencies. Renewing an HDFC health plan is as important as buying one. HDFC ERGO Health Insurance offers its customers a simple and hassle-free renewal process. HDFC ERGO policy renewal is a process in which policyholders can renew their HDFC health plan by paying the pending premium amount for the next policy term. In the below article, we will discuss the HDFC Ergo policy renewal in detail.
Benefits of HDFC Ergo Insurance Renewal
Below mentioned are some of the benefits of HDFC Ergo policy renewal:
- Continued coverage.
- Flexibility to add or remove add-on riders.
- Flexibility to add or remove family members.
- Portability benefit.
- You can increase or decrease the sum insured by the HDFC Ergo health insurance policy.
- Tax benefits under Section 80D.
HDFC Ergo Health Insurance Plans List
Below mentioned is the list of HDFC Ergo health insurance plans offered by HDFC Ergo health insurance company:
- HDFC Ergo Optima Secure
- HDFC Ergo Optima Restore
- HDFC Ergo My Health Suraksha
- HDFC Ergo Koti Suraksha
- HDFC Ergo Energy Diabetes
- HDFC Ergo ican Cancer Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Critical Illness Policy
- HDFC Ergo Health Wallet Family Floater
- HDFC Ergo My Health Medisure Super Top-up
- HDFC Ergo My Health Women Suraksha
What Happens If You Do Not Renew Your HDFC Ergo Insurance Renewal
Below mentioned are the situations that can arise if you do not renew your HDFC Ergo plan on time:
- You will not be able to get the following benefits: low premiums and no claim bonus.
- Once the policy expires, you won't receive any coverage benefits.
- The waiting period will be reduced after every policy renewal. Pre-existing positions will not be covered until after the waiting period. If you do not renew your care health insurance policy, the waiting period will start over.
- You will need to buy a new health insurance plan and go through the complete document verification procedure once more.
- To purchase a new health insurance plan, the insurer may need you to do the pre-medical examination once more.
HDFC Health Insurance Grace Period
HDFC Health Insurance offers a 30-day grace period during which you can pay the outstanding health insurance premiums using simple payment options so that you do not lose the coverage benefits of your HDFC ERGO health insurance or face the risk of lapse of your policy.
As per IRDAI, every health insurance company has to provide a grace period of 15 or 30 days to its customers.
How To Avoid HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy Lapsation?
Below mentioned are the tips to avoid HDFC Ergo health insurance policy lapse:
- Activate the push notification from the HDFC ergo insurance company so that you will not miss the renewal date of your HDFC Ergo Health plan.
- Avail of the facility of reminders through e-mail or SMS.
- Pay your premium using Auto Debit.
- Always get in touch with your HDFC Ergo policy relationship manager.
HDFC Ergo Policy Renewal Process
There are several options for renewing your HDFC ERGO health insurance policy. You can renew your HDFC ERGO health insurance online or offline mode. Given below are the steps to renew your HDFC ERGO health plan through the company's official website:
- Visit the HDFC ERGO Health Insurance website and select "Renew" from the top bar menu.
- Enter all necessary details, such as the insurance number, birth date, and registered mobile number.
- Select "Let's Renew" from the menu.
- You’re required payment amount will be displayed on the next page.
- Once payment has been received.
- The insurance documents will be sent to your registered Email ID.
HDFC Ergo Insurance Offline Renewal
If you cannot renew your HDFC Ergo Health Plan online, you can visit the nearest branch of HDFC Ergo Health Insurance where you can renew your health plan.
Note: You can contact our POSP advisor to renew your HDFC health insurance plan.
Important Things To Remember While Renewing HDFC Ergo Health Insurance Plan
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance renewal is easy. Following are some crucial considerations to bear in mind when renewing your HDFC Ergo Health insurance:
- Renew Your HDFC Health Insurance before its expiry date.
- Always keep track of your policy renewal date.
- There will be no consideration given to claims made between the expiration date of the policy and its renewal.
- Never renew insurance without re-evaluating your needs and requirements.
To continue receiving the benefits of your HDFC health insurance plan, always renew your policy on time or within the grace period. If you pay your premiums on time, you will have the financial security to counter unexpected medical emergencies. Still, if you forget to pay your HDFC ERGO health insurance premiums, HDFC ERGO Health Insurance will offer you a 30 days grace period to pay your premiums. However, if you miss the grace period, the HDFC health policy will lapse, which can be problematic in case of an urgent medical emergency.