Regional transport office, Andhra Pradesh functions under the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. The office follows the guidelines of its Section 213. Its goal is to enforce the implementation of the provisions of the Act as per the guidelines of the Andhra Pradesh Motor Vehicle Taxation Act, 1963.
Besides, Andhra Pradesh RTO collects road taxes, issues driving licenses, and issues fitness certificates of a vehicle. It registers motor vehicles and grants temporary/permanent permits. The office also takes care of the safety of its network of roads.
RTO is the organization entrusted with conducting awareness camps about the need to control emission levels. Enforcing speed limits, catching drunk drivers with breath analysers, the list of its responsibilities never ends. The State government regulates the body and frames policies that govern it. The transport commissioner presides over the office as the Department Head.
Duties of Andhra Pradesh RTO:
Andhra Pradesh RTO does the following for the public:
- Ensures the implementation of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988
- Registers new vehicles
- Maintains a database for all registered vehicles
- Issues driving licenses for drivers and vehicle owners
- Inspects vehicles at regular interval
- Issues fitness certificates
- Collects road taxes from the owners of vehicles
- Takes care of permits given to different types of motor vehicles
- Implements the rules Governments impose from time to time
- Checks levels of omissions and issues pollution under control certificates
Online services offered by APRTO:
The Internet has revolutionized our lives, and everything is available at our fingertips at the present. The Andhra Pradesh RTO too understands this and relieves vehicle owners from having to stand in long lines. You can visit the office’s portal and do the following:
- Apply for a new driver’s license
- Apply to renew driving license
- Schedule an appointment to visit the RTO
- Download a copy of your driving license
- Fill AP Traffic challan
Registration Charges in Andhra Pradesh RTO:
To be able to perform its responsibilities, RTO functions from different parts of the State:
#Charges of various services the office offers:
Charges for vehicle registration in the State varies based on the type of vehicle you plan to register with your local office. Given below is a detailed overview in this regard:
For Invalid carriages: INR 20/-
For Motorcycles: INR 60/-
For non-transport vehicles: INR 200/-
For light commercial vehicles: INR 300/-
For NGV-MPV: INR 400/-
For HPV-HGV: INR 400/-
For HPV-HGV: INR 600/-
For imported motor vehicles: INR 800/-
For imported motorcycles: INR 200/-
#Charges for delay in Application:
- For a delay of three months: INR 25/-
- For a delay less than six months: INR 50/-
- Delay not more than six months: INR 75/-
- For delays more than nine months: INR 100/-
Location List of Andhra Pradesh RTO Office:
All the motor vehicles in the country are registered with their respective regional transport offices. As per the Motor Vehicles Act's new guidelines, the first two letters on your license plate indicate the State your vehicle belongs to. The next two numbers give information on the location of your RTO. And for the newly formed State Telengana, the initial letters on the license plates of new vehicles will have TS as the initial letters indicating Telangana. But the older ones will have AP as in Andhra Pradesh. Given below is a table with details on the regional transport offices in the State:
|District||Name of Authority||Registration Mark Series|
|Adilabad||Mancherial, Adilabad, Telangana - 504208||AP01|
|Anantapur District||Hindupur, Anantur, Andhra Pradesh - 515201||AP02|
|Chittoor District||Tirupati, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh - 517501||AP03|
|Kadapa District||Proddatur, Kada, Andhra Pradesh - 516360||AP04|
|East Godavari District||Kakinada, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh - 533001||AP05|
|Kakinada||Kakinada, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh - 533001||AP06|
|Guntur / Piduguralla / Narasaraopet / Repalle||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh||AP07|
|Guntur District||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh||AP08|
|Hyderabad Central||Khairatabad, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh - 500022||AP09|
|Hyderabad North||Secunderabad, Hyderabad, Telangana - 500003||AP10|
|Hyderabad East||Malakpet, Hyderabad, Telangana - 500036||AP11|
|Hyderabad South||Kisanbagh, Hyderabad, Telangana - 500064||AP12|
|Hyderabad West||Tolichowki, Hyderabad, Telangana - 500008||AP13|
|Vijayawada / Gudivada / Machilipatnam / Nandigama / Nuzvid||Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh||AP16|
|Khammam / Kothagudem / Sathupally / Yellandu||Khammam,Telangana - 507001||AP20|
|Kurnool / Adoni / Nandyal||Adoni, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh||AP21|
|Mahbubnagar / Pebbair / Gadwal||Mahbubnagar, Telangana - 509125||AP22|
|Sangareddy / Siddipet / Patancheru||Medak, Telangana||AP23|
|Nalgonda / Suryapet / Miryalaguda / Bhongir / Bibinagar||Nalgonda, Telangana - 508247||AP24|
|Nizamabad / Kamareddy||Nizamabad, Telangana - 503002||AP25|
|Nellore / Kavali / Gudur / Sullurpeta / Naidupet||Nellore, Andhra Pradesh||AP26|
|Ongole / Chirala / Markapur||Ongole, Andhra Pradesh||AP27|
|Hyderabad Western suburbs / Hyderabad HITEC CITY / Medchal||Ranga Reddy, Telangana - 500074||AP28|
|Hyderabad Eastern suburbs / Ibrahimpatnam||Ranga Reddy, Telangana - 500074||AP29|
|Srikakulam /Tekkali / Palasa / Sompeta / Ichchapuram / Kaviti||Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh||AP30|
|Visakhapatnam / Gajuwaka / Anakapalli||Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh||AP31|
|Vizianagaram district||Vizianagaram, Andhra Pradesh||AP35|
|Warangal / Jangaon / Mahabubabad||Adilabad, Telangana - 506003||AP36|
|Eluru /Jangareddygudem / Kovvur / Tadepalligudem / Tanuku / Bhimavaram / Palakollu / Chintalapudi||Eluru, Andhra Pradesh||AP37|
Types of Vehicle Eegistration in Andhra Pradesh:
You can go either for temporary or permanent registration for your vehicle, depending on your requirements. But know that the validity of temporary registration is valid only for 30 days. You may extend it up to six months. Follow the steps given below to apply for temporary registration for your vehicle:
Apply Form 20 of the guidelines on the Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989. Make sure that you are applying in the form marked as “temporary.” Upon verification, you will be provided a temporary registration certificate.
Vehicle owners are also allowed to apply for an extension. Apply for temporary registration and specify the period you want the extension for.
- Copy of the vehicle’s sale certificate
- Copy of your vehicle’s fitness certificate
- Copy of certificate of insurance
- Copy of designer approval if the vehicle is a trailer
- A copy of the original certificate from the dealer if it is an ex-army vehicle
- A copy of the customs clearance certificate if the vehicle is an imported one
- Fees as required (unless exempt from them)
Permanent registration of a vehicle has to be done within seven days of its delivery. The originals of all the documents mentioned above should accompany the application. You should also pay the fee required by the Motor Vehicles Act.
Transfer vehicle Ownership in Andhra Pradesh:
Do the following to transfer your vehicle from outside Andhra Pradesh:
- Get a no-objection certificate: this is something people generally ignore. Certain states may not require you to furnish the details. But it is a must when applying for insurance claims. Your insurer may reject your claim if you don’t have a NOC.
- Contact your nearest RTO.
- See to it that you have completed all applications. You can get the information you require either from the portal or from your local authority.
- Apply for it only if you are eligible for the process.
- Submit the application form along with the documents required. Don’t forget to pay the required fees.
- If the information on the application is correct, the authority proceeds with your application.
- The officials inspect your vehicle, precisely the chassis number. Once the verification process is completed, you will be allowed to transfer the ownership of your vehicle.
How to get a No-Objection Certificate (NOC) in Andhra Pradesh?
A no-objection certificate is a legal document you need to register your vehicle in another State. It indicates that your vehicle is not stolen, and you don’t have dues in taxes. Do the following to apply for the same.
- See to it that you are eligible for the process.
- Keep all documents at hand.
- Contact your nearest regional transport office.
- Fill up the application in Form 28. You can get it either from the office or from RTO’s official portal.
- Apply to the office and pay the required fees at the counter.
- The officials will continue with the process.
- If everything is clear, you will get a no-objection certificate within no time.
How to Get a Customized Registration Number in Andhra Pradesh?
People want their motorcycles to declare their personality. And a fancy number plate is the best way to make it happen. Getting the same in Andhra Pradesh is quite simple. Just follow the steps given below:
- Submit the duly filled application form.
- Wait for your chance. The office gives it on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The payment will differ based on the popularity or the demand of the number in question.
- If there is more than one applicant for a number, the allocation will depend on the tenders offered. The one who pays the highest will get the number.
Points to Remember:
- You don’t have to surrender the number when selling your vehicle. You can transfer it along with it.
- Even if you buy a new motorcycle, you can retain the number.