Regional Transport Office Indore (Indore RTO)
Indore is the largest city in the state of Madhya Pradesh. It is known as the educational hub of the state, and it has campuses of both the Indian Institute of Technology and the Indian Institute of Management. Indore is one of the cleanest cities in India.
Due to the rapid growth and industrialization in the city, there is an increase in the number of vehicles in the city. Also, the city is densely populated, so many people are on the roads. The Indore RTO establishes the rules under the Motor Vehicle Act 1988 for managing road transport in the city.
Roles And Responsibilities of RTO Indore MP
Indore RTO performs the following duties to manage the traffic on the roads.
Driving License Related Services
Following driving license-related services are facilitated at Indore RTO.
- Issues both permanent as well as learner’s licenses to the applicants
- Conducts a driving test to issue a permanent license to the applicants
- Renewing the driving license
- Issuance of duplicate license when the license is lost or in case of theft
- Disqualification or revocation of license
- Issuing and renewing a Motor Driving School License
- Issuing an International Driving License to the applicants
- Updating of address in the license
- Issuance and renewal of driving instructor’s and conductor’s license
Registration Certificate Related Services
After purchasing a new vehicle and registering it, one must visit Indore RTO. The following registration-related services are available at Indore RTO.
- Issuing a temporary and permanent registration certificate to the applicants
- Registration of vehicle from another state
- Issuing an NOC to transfer the vehicle to another state
- Renewing and extension of the RC
- Transferring the ownership of a vehicle
- Issuing a duplicate certificate in case of stealing or loss of the original certificate. To know more, click here
- Change in the address on the RC
- Hypothecation services
Services Related to Vehicle Permits
RTO office Indore issues the permits for the following categories of vehicles.
- Issuing a stage and goods carriage permit
- Issuing National and local permit
- Issuing a permit for an auto-rickshaw and other commercial vehicles
Services Related to Tax Collection
Indore RTO office collects taxes and fees from the vehicle owners timely, which is further used for developing transportation facilities.
- Motor Vehicle Tax
- Road Tax
- Instant Market Value Fee Collection
Indore RTO performs vehicle inspections to keep the vehicles optimum for environmental upgradation.
- Pollution Under Control Testing
- PUC Issuance
- Registration of CNG as well as LPG vehicles
Indore RTO Number and Address
Given below is the address of Indore RTO with contact details and timings.
Indore RTO Registration Types
Indore RTO issues the following two types of registration certificates.
- Temporary Registration: A temporary registration is the one that you get when you buy the vehicle. This registration is valid for a limited period, and you need to get a permanent registration as soon as possible.
- Permanent Registration: A permanent registration at Indore RTO is compulsory under the Motor Vehicle Act 1988. Without an RC, you cannot drive your vehicle on the road. So, it would help if you got an RC for your vehicle.
Vehicle Insurance in Indore
In India, holding valid motor vehicle insurance is compulsory; without it, you cannot drive your vehicle on the road. The insurance coverage acts as financial protection in case there is an accident on the road, and damages are caused to a third party or a bodily injury to the third party. There are two types of insurance that you can buy:
- Third-Party Liability Insurance: Under this type of policy, the damage or injuries to a third party are covered.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Under this policy, damage caused to the vehicle and bodily injuries of the third party and self are covered.
The motor vehicle insurance policy can be customized by purchasing add-on covers. These also help to increase the scope of the policy, which is essential in today’s time. Before you buy the policy, read all the information carefully.
Indore RTO FAQs:
Does Indore RTO issue an International Driving License?
Ans. Yes, RTO Indore MP issues an international driving license to the applicants. Click here to know more.
2. I lost my RC. Can I get a duplicate one from the Indore RTO office?
Ans. Yes, you can get a duplicate RC from the RTO Indore by applying with the form and the valid documents.
3) Can I get my motor vehicle insurance issued from RTO Indore?
Ans. No, the Indore RTO does not issue nor renew any insurance policies. Please contact your insurer for the renewal of the policy.
4. I moved to Indore from Bangalore. How can I get my car re-registered in Indore RTO?
Ans. You can get your vehicle re-registered in Indore after submitting all the valid documents to the RTO Indore MP and the applicable fees. The documents you need to submit include original RC, PUC, duly filled forms, insurance documents, NOC from the financer in case of a loan, and NOC from the previous RTO where your vehicle was registered.
5. I need a goods carriage license. From where can I get it?
Ans. You can get a goods carriage permit from RTO Indore MP by applying with the forms and all the documents.