Indore is the largest city in the state of Madhya Pradesh. It is known as the educational hub of the state, and it has campuses of both the Indian Institute of Technology and the Indian Institute of Management. The city is one of the cleanest cities in India.
Due to the rapid growth and industrialization in the city, there is an increase in the number of vehicles in the city. The city is also densely populated so there are many people on the roads. The Indore RTO establishes the rules under the Motor Vehicle Act 1988 for the management of road transport in the city.
Roles And Responsibilities of RTO Indore MP:
Driving License Related Services:
- Issues both permanent as well as learner’s license to the applicants
- Conducts a driving test to issues a permanent license to the applicants
- Renewing the driving license
- Issuance of duplicate license when the license is lost or in case of theft
- Disqualification or revocation of license
- Issuing and renewing a Motor Driving School License
- Issuing an International Driving License to the applicants
- Updating of address in the license
- Issuance and renewal of driving instructor’s and conductor’s license
Registration Certificate Related Services:
- Issuing a temporary as well as permanent registration certificate to the applicants
- Registration of vehicle from another state
- Issuing a NOC to transfer the vehicle to another state
- Renewing and extension of the RC
- Transferring the ownership of a vehicle
- Issuing a duplicate certificate in case of stealing or loss of the original certificate. To know more, click here
- Change in the address on the RC
- Hypothecation services
Services Related to Vehicle Permits:
- Issuing a stage and goods carriage permit
- Issuing National and local permit
- Issuing a permit for an auto-rickshaw
Services Related to Tax Collection:
- Motor Vehicle Tax
- Road Tax
- Instant Market Value Fees Collection
- Pollution Under Control Testing
- PUC Issuance
- Registration of CNG as well as LPG vehicles
Indore RTO Number and Address:
|Indore RTO Code||MP-09|
|RTO Address||Indore RTO Office, Nayta Mundla, Indore, Madhya Pradesh – 452020|
|Indore RTO Number||NA|
|Indore RTO Timings||10.00 AM to 5.00 PM|
Indore RTO Registration Types :
- Temporary Registration: A temporary registration is the one that you get when you buy the vehicle. This registration is valid for a limited period only and you need to get a permanent registration as soon as possible.
- Permanent Registration: A permanent registration at Indore RTO is compulsory under the Motor Vehicle Act 1988. Without an RC you cannot drive your vehicle on the road. So, you need to get an RC for your vehicle.
Vehicle Insurance in Indore:
In India, holding valid motor vehicle insurance is compulsory and without it, you cannot drive your vehicle on the road. The insurance coverage acts as financial protection in case there is an accident on the road and damages are caused to a third party or there is a bodily injury to the third party. There are two types of insurance that you can buy:
- Third-Party Liability Insurance: Under this type of policy the damage or injuries to a third party are covered.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Under this policy, damage caused to the vehicle and bodily injuries of the third party as well as self are covered.
The motor vehicle insurance policy can be customized by purchasing add-on covers. These also help to increase the scope of the policy which is essential in today’s time. Before you buy the policy, read all the information carefully.
1) Does Indore RTO issue International Driving License?
Yes, RTO Indore mp issues an international driving license to the applicants. Click here to know more.
2) I lost my RC. Can I get a duplicate one?
Yes, you can get a duplicate RC from the RTO Indore by applying with the form and the valid documents.
3) Can I get my motor vehicle insurance issued from RTO Indore?
No, the RTO does not issue nor renew any insurance policies. Please contact your insurer for the renewal of the policy.
4) I moved to Indore from Bangalore. How can I get my car re-registered in Indore?
You can get your vehicle re-registered in Indore after you submit all the valid documents to the RTO Indore MP along with the applicable fees. The documents that you need to submit include original RC, PUC, duly filled forms, insurance document, NOC from financer in case of a loan, and NOC from the previous RTO where your vehicle was registered.
5) I need a goods carriage license. From where can I get it?
You can get a goods carriage permit from RTO Indore mp by applying with the forms and all the documents.