Jabalpur is one of the smart cities located in Madhya Pradesh. It is known for the Dhuandhar Falls and White Marble Rocks. The city also has one of the major military bases in the country and four major arms and ammunition factories. The variety of minerals found in the hills of the area has attracted archaeologists and geologists over the years.
With the growth in various sectors, the city is experiencing a rise in the number of vehicles driving on the road. RTO Madhya Pradesh supervises and assists Jabalpur RTO to ensure that all the rules and regulations of the Motor Vehicles Act. 1988 is being followed. The RTO Jabalpur MP is also tasked with developing road transport and facilities in the city.
Roles and responsibilities of Jabalpur RTO
The Regional Transport Office in Jabalpur ( Jabalpur RTO), Madhya Pradesh, has several important roles and responsibilities. Here are the key functions performed by the Jabalpur RTO:
Duties about the Driving license in Jabalpur RTO
- Conducting a driving test for applicants and issuing a driving license
- Issuance of both learner’s license and driving license for the applicants
- Renewing a Driver’s license if it expires
- Motor Driving School license issuing and renewal
- The RTO Jabalpur issues international Driving License
- Specified class of vehicle to the DL addition to the DL
- Driving instructor’s license issuance and renewal
- A conductor’s license is also issued
- Help in the queries related to DL
Registration Certificate and other duties in Jabalpur RTO
- Providing solutions to queries related to both temporary and permanent RC
- Transfer of ownership in the RC
- Duplicate RC provision in case of loss or damage
- Updation of address to the Registration Certificate
- Entry or loan hypothecation
- Issuance of NOC for inter-state vehicle transfer
- Trade certificate renewal
- Testing the fitness of a vehicle and issuing a fitness certificate if the test is passed
- Issuance of permits like stage permits, carriage permits, etc.
Collection of Taxes in Jabalpur RTO
- Road tax/Motor Vehicle tax collection on behalf of the government
- Departmental Action cases
- Fee collection for IMV
Checking Pollution Control in Jabalpur RTO
- Making sure every vehicle is PUC tested
- Changing vehicles to LPG/CNG
Ensuring the safety of the public on the roads in Jabalpur RTO
RTO Jabalpur MP ensures that the public follows all the rules and regulations on the road to maintain road safety.
Jabalpur RTO contact number and address
In the table below, we have shown the details of Jabalpur RTO, like RTO name, RTO code, address and contact details:
|Jabalpur RTO code||MP-20|
|Jabalpur RTO contact number||0251 223 0505|
|Jabalpur RTO address||The Regional Transport Officer (RTO), Karmeta, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh -482002|
|Jabalpur RTO number||0751-2971008, 2970363, 2970963|
|Jabalpur RTO email firstname.lastname@example.org|
Types of vehicle registration at RTO JBP (Jabalpur)
There are two types of vehicle registration done at RTO Jabalpur, i.e. for two-wheelers as well as four-wheelers.
- Temporary Registration: A temporary registration is provided to you after you purchase a new vehicle from a showroom. But this is valid for a brief span of a month. So before it expires, you must register your vehicle at the nearest RTO Jabalpur.
- Permanent Registration: This is compulsory registration for every vehicle on the roads in India. You can register your vehicle at the RTO JBP by submitting the documents and the fees. Remember that driving your vehicle on the road without a valid RC is a punishable offence.
Vehicle insurance in Jabalpur
Rapid development in the country's road infrastructure has made the roads safer and easier to drive on. But emergencies like accidents can always occur en route. Buying motor vehicle insurance that can prove to be a safety net in these unprecedented situations is essential.
It is mandatory to drive with valid vehicle insurance in India. There are two types of insurance that you can buy:
- Third-party liability: This insurance policy is compulsory when you drive on the roads. It protects you from the claims that arise if a third-party vehicle gets damaged or suffers a bodily injury if there is an accident on the road.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: This comprehensive coverage covers third-party claims and their own damages and bodily injury.
Before you settle for a motor vehicle insurance policy, ensure that you have considered all the terms and conditions carefully to avoid any obligations in the future. It is always advisable to read the policy document carefully before investing in the policy so that there are no hassles when filing claims.
Jabalpur RTO FAQs:
1) Do I need to renew my driving license from RTO Jabalpur even if I have sold my car?
Ans. A driving license is issued for a person and not for a vehicle. So, if you have a valid license, you can also drive someone else’s vehicle. Also, if you wish to buy another vehicle later, then you can renew your driver's license from RTO JBP.
2) I damaged my RC in an accident. Can I get a duplicate RC?
Ans. Yes, you can get a duplicate RC from Jabalpur RTO. All you need to do is submit all the valid documents and the fees so that a duplicate RC can be issued to you.
3) I need an international driving license. Whom should I contact?
Ans. For an international driving license. You should contact RTO Jabalpur; they will issue it to you after you submit the documents and the fees.
4) My motor vehicle insurance has expired. Will RTO Jabalpur help me renew my insurance?
Ans. RTO Jabalpur is not responsible for the renewal of the motor vehicle insurance for your vehicle. Contact the insurance company from where you purchased the insurance to get it renewed.
5) I have two bikes one is with gear, and one is without. Do I need to get separate DLs to drive them?
Ans. No, you can drive both with one DL, but it should have the information about both classes of vehicles in it. When you apply for DL, include your requirement in the application, or you can also add a class of vehicle to the DL by submitting an application for the same.