A part of the state of Maharashtra, Nashik occupies a significant position in the western peninsular region of the country in the Deccan Plateau area. The city is noted for undeniable and significant religious importance linking with the epic "Ramayana". Moreover, it is a famous site for the Hindus for Kumbh Mela, held once every twelve years. Nashik is also noted for the several wineries and vineyards and is aptly titled "the wine capital of India".
Nashik RTO has been developed based on the Motor Vehicles Act 1988 and is maintained by the Transport Department Commissioner. The RTO office Nashik is vested with the important responsibilities of managing, implementing and maintaining the rules and regulations of the traffic laws and ensuring the general road safety for the public at large.
Roles and Responsibilities of Nashik RTO:
1. RTO Nashik learning license and driving license:
- Conducting a test for issuing driving license
- Issuing both the learner’s license as well as the driving license
- Renewal of the Driving license
- RTO Nashik license renewal online
- Issuance and renewal of Motor Driving School license
- Issuing International Driving license for the deserving candidates
- Adding a specific class to the vehicle to the respective DL
- Issuance and renewal of the driving instructor’s license
- Issuance of the conductor’s DL
- Assisting any application-related query
2. Registration Certificate and Associated Tasks:
- Issuing both permanent as well as temporary Registration Certificate
- Transferring of ownership in the Registration Certificate
- Issuance of a duplicate RC in case of loss or damage of the same
- Registering address change in the Registration Certificate
- Loan or entry hypothecation in the Registration Certificate
- Issuing NOC in case of inter-state vehicle transfer
- Renewing the trade certificate
- Monitoring the vehicle fitness and issuing the fitness certificate of the concerned vehicle based on the findings
- Issuing various sorts of permits like stage permit, carriage permit, etc.
3. Collecting revenues and taxes on behalf of the concerned governmental body:
- Collecting Road tax/Motor Vehicles Tax
- Departmental Action cases
- IMV fees collection
4. Inspection of the vehicles at the check posts:
RTO office Nashik is responsible for inspecting every single vehicle at each of the check posts maintained by the traffic department.
5. Ensuring environmental safety:
- Testing of PUC
- Converting vehicles to CNG/LPG
6. Ensuring road safety for the public:
Nashik RTO makes sure that the general public abides by all the rules and regulations implemented by the traffic department and monitoring all the rooms for further improvement.
Nashik RTO Code & Contact Number:
|RTO Name||Panchavati RTO, Nashik|
|Address||Regional Transport Office, Peth Road, Panchavati, Nashik- 422004|
|Nashik RTO number||0253-2229005, 2229003|
Types of vehicle registration at Nashik RTO:
- Temporary registration:
While you are buying a new vehicle from the showroom, a temporary registration is provided. The validity of this registration is limited and before the expiry of this registration, you have to apply for permanent registration.
- Permanent registration:
Possessing permanent registration is compulsory for every single vehicle to ply on the roads of Nashik. Each vehicle must be duly registered with the RTO office Nashik. You have to apply for permanent registration within the stipulated time at the nearest RTO office. You will get the RC after the completion of the relevant paperwork and submission of the fees.
Obtaining Vehicle Insurance in Nashik:
Although the widespread road and transport development has eased out a lot of communication problems, at the same time, the question of road safety also cannot be denied. Therefore, it becomes compulsory for every vehicle to possess insurance to ensure the vehicle's safety and that of the other passengers. Therefore, if you want to play your vehicle on Nashik roads, you must buy vehicle insurance.
An insurance policy of the motor vehicle has been designed to manage any emergency that might suddenly arise in route. There are three types of insurance coverage that you may obtain in this respect:
- The third-party liability
- Comprehensive car insurance
- Personal accidental coverage for the passengers, owner-driver, and the driver
There are also provisions for obtaining add-on coverages that will duly enhance the financial assistance providing you with additional coverage. This will boost up your insurance policy which helps you to cover all the additional costs. There are several types of add-on covers including Key Replacement Cover, NCB Protection Cover, Roadside Assistance Cover, Zero Depreciation Cover, etc.
Before you settle for any insurance policy, you must carefully read all the terms and conditions to avoid any sort of obligations in future. The important factors include the claim settlement terms, the premium value, the coverage amount, etc. You must carefully consider and compare all the plausible insurances before settling for any single plan.
RTO Nashik Choice Number:
To obtain a fancy choice number, you have to visit the official website. Click on the relevant option and select your customised number. On payment of the relevant fees, your chosen number will be registered as your vehicle number. It is just a matter of a few clicks.
1) Am I eligible to drive any car which does not directly belong to me but belongs to my relative if I possess a two-wheeler license?
No, for driving a four-wheeled vehicle you need to possess a valid four-wheeler license. A two-wheeler license will not be sufficient in this respect.
2) May I obtain a two-wheeler as well as a four-wheeler license in a single driving license?
Yes, this is possible if all the paperwork is duly completed and you manage to clear all the relevant tests.
3) In case I fail to clear the driving test on the first attempt am I eligible to appear for the second time?
Yes, you may appear for the test for the second time in case you fail to clear it on the first attempt.
4) What happens if I lose both my DL and RC?
You need to contact the nearest RTO office to obtain the duplicate DL and RC on paying the relevant charges.
5) Will I get any information regarding the traffic rules of any other specific country?
You can contact the nearest RTO office in Nashik to know further details of international driving details of any particular country.