Pune is a city of tradition and technology. A city based on the banks of the river ‘Mula’ and ‘Mutha’ is the 2nd IT hub of India. The city is known for its top-notch colleges and educational heritage. Being the 2nd IT Hub of India and Educational epicentre, the city has seen a huge expansion in city limits and a roaring increase in 2-wheelers and 4-wheelers. Therefore, the city has 2 Regional Transport Offices that deal with all the important functions and services related to vehicles.
The Regional Transport Office of Pune is established as per Section 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The RTO Pune is responsible for service and function related to vehicles, private as well as commercial. The Pune RTO works as per the regulations and provisions laid down under Maharashtra State Vehicles Regulation, 1989. Let us understand all the major functions carried out by RTO Pune.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Pune:
The following are the various services offered by the RTO Pune office to its citizens.
1. Driving License:
A driving License is one of the mandatory documents for all vehicle owners who wish to drive the vehicle on Indian Roads. The RTO office in Pune is responsible for providing all the services related to Driving License, and it includes:
- Conducting a driving test before the issuance of a driving license
- Learning License and Permanent License are the two types of Driving License issued by Pune RTO
- Issuance of both types of driving licenses, i.e., Permanent License and learner’s DL, is the responsibility of RTO Pune
- RTO Pune License Renewal Service is offered in case of expiry of current Driving License
- Issuance of new driving license (Duplicate License) in case of loss or theft of existing driving license
- Disqualification or Revocation of existing Driving License
- Services related to the issuance and renewal of the Motor Driving School license
- Issuance of the International Driving Permit
- Any changes to the current Driving License
- Issue or renew the driving instructor’s license
- Issuance of a Driving License to the conductor’s
2. Registration Certificate and related work:
- Issuance of Temporary Registration Certificate to the vehicle owners
- Issuance of Permanent Registration Certificate to New Vehicles
- Issuance of No Objection Certificate in case the owner wants to transfer the vehicle to another state
- Registration of outstate vehicle
- Assignment of new Registration Mark RMA
- Registration of VIP Numbers
- Transfer of Motor vehicle Ownership
- Renewal or extension of RC in case of completion of tenure
- Issuance of duplicate Registration Certificate in case of theft, damage, or loss of RC.
- Address change in Registration Certificate
- In the case of a Car Loan from a financial institution or Bank, the RTO Pune has a role to register hypothecation of the vehicle in the name of the loan provider.
3. Vehicle Permit:
One of the primary responsibilities of the RTO Pune office is to grant and renew permits to vehicles. The following are the various types of permits issued by Pune RTO:
4. Collection of Taxes:
- Motor Vehicle Tax/ Road Tax
- Instant Market Value Fees Collection
5. Other Responsibilities:
RTO Pune Contact Number and Address:
The following are the details of RTO Pune Contact Number:
|RTO Code||RTO Address||Pune RTO Number||E-mail Id||Timings|
|MH-12||Regional Transport Office, 39, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Near Sangam Bridge, Pune - 411001||020-26058282, firstname.lastname@example.org||Morning 10.00 to Evening 5.00|
|MH-12||S. No. 120/A-2, Alandi Road, Yerawada, Pune - 411006||020-26058555, email@example.com||Morning 10.00 to Evening 5.00|
Types of vehicle registration at RTO Pune:
The following two types of vehicle registration are done at RTO Pune. These vehicles include two-wheelers as well as four-wheeler vehicles.
- Temporary Registration: As the name suggests, the temporary registration is issued to the vehicle owner at the time of vehicle purchase. The temporary registration is applicable for one month; therefore, the vehicle owner has to apply for the showroom on behalf of the vehicle owner and apply for a permanent registration before the expiry of the one month.
- Permanent Registration: As the name suggests, permanent registration is mandatory for every vehicle running on the city roads. RTO office Pune is responsible for the issuance of Permanent Registration once the vehicle owner submits all the necessary documents along with applicable fees
Get Vehicle Insurance in Pune:
Motor Vehicle Insurance is one of the most important and mandatory documents that every vehicle owner must possess. As the name suggests, vehicle insurance is a security blanket to safeguard the vehicle owner and offer financial security in an accident causing bodily damage to a third party and the vehicle. It is illegal and dangerous to drive a vehicle (two-wheeler or four-wheeler) on roads without insurance cover. It is considered as an offense according to the Motor Vehicle Act, 1998.
Types of Motor Vehicle Insurance:
The following types of Motor Vehicle Insurance are available to the vehicle owners.
- Third-Party Liability: This insurance policy offers to cover the damages caused to the vehicle or injuries caused to any third person. Damages caused to a personal vehicle or personal injuries are not covered under this type of insurance cover.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: This insurance policy offers to cover the damages caused to any third-party vehicle as well as the own vehicle. Similarly, injuries caused to third-party persons and personal injuries are covered under this insurance policy.
All vehicle owners can customize their Motor Vehicle Insurance with the help of add-on covers. Buying a Motor insurance policy is mandatory and advantageous. It is recommended to buy a motor insurance policy to safeguard yourself and your beloved vehicle in times of an accident.
1) Does the Pune RTO Office issue International Driving Permit?
Yes, the Pune RTO Office issues International Driving Permit by submitting relevant required documents like Form 4A, Certified Copies of Passport and Visa, Valid Driving License, etc., along with relevant fees.
2) What is the applicable fee structure of license fees?
The applicable fee structure of license fees is as under:
- Learner’s License: INR. 151/- + INR. 50/- Test Fees
- Permanent License: INR. 716/-
- Renewal of License: INR. 416/-
- Duplicate License: INR. 216/-
- Addition of other class vehicles to DL: INR. 1016/-
- International Driving Permit: INR. 1000/-
3) How many RTO offices Pune has?
There are two Pune RTO offices present in the city. The RTO Pune Address and RTO Pune Contact Numbers are mentioned in the table above.
4) I have lost my Registration Certificate. Can I apply for duplicate RC in Pune RTO?
Yes, you can apply for a duplicate Registration Certificate by submitting the required relevant documents and fees to the RTO Office Pune.
5) How to update the address on the Registration Certificate from Pune RTO?
You can easily update your address on the Registration Certificate by applying to Pune RTO. You can either directly visit the RTO Office Pune or contact RTO Agent Pune and update your address on RC Book. The following documents are to be submitted to RTO Pune Address update:
- Form No. 33
- Original Registration Certificate
- Copy of Valid Insurance
- Proof of Address
- No Objection Certificate
- Applicable fees