Rajkot is one of the largest cities in the Gujarat state. It is a culturally rich city with a population of about 2 million. With the increasing commercialization, the city is experiencing a surge in the number of vehicles on the roads. This has led to a need for the development of road transport services.
RTO Rajkot functions under the governance of RTO Gujarat. The RTO office Rajkot follows the rules and regulations mentioned in the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. The main role of RTO includes the issuance of DLs, RCs, and maintenance of road transport. It also ensures that all the citizens abide by the rules and follow the safety norms properly.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Rajkot:
1. Driving License:
- Conducting the driving test for the issuance of a DL
- Issuing the driving license and learner’s license to the applicants
- Renewing the DL
- Issuing and renewing the Motor Driving School license
- Issuance of the International Driving License
- Adding a class of a vehicle to the applicant’s DL
- Issuing the driving instructor’s license and renewing it as well
- Issuing a DL to the conductors
- Assisting people with applications related to DL
2. Registration Certificate and related work:
- Issuance of the temporary and permanent RC
- Transferring the ownership to another person in the RC
- Issuing a duplicate RC in the event of loss, damage, or theft
- Rectification or change of address in RC
- Entry or loan hypothecation in the RC
- Issuing a No Objection Certificate (when the vehicle is transferred to a different state)
- Renewing the trade certificate
- Conducting a vehicle fitness test and issuance of a vehicle fitness certificate
- Issuing permits like carriage permit and stage permit
- Issuing a duplicate RC in the event of loss, theft, or damage
3. Collection of revenue on the behalf of the government:
- Motor Vehicle Tax/ Road Tax
- IMV Fees Collection
- DA (Departmental Action) Cases
4. Safety of the environment and ensuring pollution control:
- Pollution Under Control Testing
- CNG/LPG conversion of vehicles
5. Taking steps to ensure the safety of people on the road:
- The RTO office Rajkot makes sure that people are following all the rules and regulations on the road. In case someone breaks the rules, the RTO also punishes the offender.
RTO Rajkot Contact Number and Address:
RTO Code Number
RTO Office, Near Market Yard, Rajkot – 360001
RTO Rajkot Number
10 AM – 5 P
Types of vehicle registration at RTO Rajkot:
- Temporary Registration: The temporary registration is the one that is done when the vehicle is bought from the showroom. You can only drive on the road with this registration for a limited period. Before the temporary registration expires, you must get your vehicles registered permanently at the RTO Rajkot.
- Permanent Registration: It is compulsory for any vehicle driving on the roads of the country to have a permanent registration. The process of permanent registration is simple, and you can get it done from the RTO office Rajkot. You must visit the office, fill the application form, and submit the required documents and registration fee.
Get Vehicle Insurance in Rajkot:
In India, any vehicle driving on the roads in the country must have a valid insurance policy. The vehicle insurance that you buy insures the vehicle owners against third-party liability. There are many types of vehicle insurance policies that you can buy, these include:
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: This includes protection against third-party liability and own damage. It is the insurance policy that covers all the risks that are involved when you drive the vehicle on the road.
- Third-Party Liability: This includes protection if you cause damage to a third party during an accident on the road.
- Personal Accident Cover for the driver, owner-driver, and the passengers
There are also many add-on covers that you can purchase to boost your policy coverage and make your policy more comprehensive. These add-on covers include No Claim Bonus Protection Cover, Zero Depreciation Cover, Roadside Assistance Cover, etc.
Before you purchase a policy, it is advised to gain relevant knowledge about the premiums, claim settlement process, coverage, etc., so that you do not face any problems in the future. Make comparisons and research properly before you decide to purchase a policy.
1) If I lose my DL, how can I get a duplicate DL?
If you lose your DL, you can visit the RTO Rajkot and fill out the relevant forms and submit it along with all the relevant documents.
2) How can I get an International Driving License in Rajkot?
You can get an International Driving License issued from RTO Rajkot by filling out the form and submitting the relevant documents.
3) What documents should I submit as my address proof in RTO Rajkot?
The documents you can use for address proof include Aadhar card, Passport, LIC Policy, electricity bill, etc.
4) For how much time is a vehicle registered with an RTO in India?
A vehicle is registered with an RTO for 15 years. After this is over, you must submit the relevant documents to get your vehicle re-registered.
5) How can I get a duplicate RC from RTO Rajkot?
In case you have lost your RC, you have to submit a police report, PUC, address proof, NOC (from financer in case of a loan), and applicable fees to RTO Rajkot.