Rajkot is one of the largest cities in the Gujarat state. It is a culturally rich city with a population of about 2 million. With the increasing commercialization, the city is experiencing a surge in the number of vehicles on the roads. This has led to a need for the development of road transport services.
RTO Rajkot functions under the governance of RTO Gujarat. The RTO Rajkot office follows the rules and regulations mentioned in the Motor Vehicle Act 1988. The primary role of RTO includes issuing Driving licenses and Registration certificates and maintaining road transport. It also ensures that all the citizens abide by the rules and follow the safety norms properly.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Rajkot
There are various roles and responsibilities are performed in the Rajkot RTO. Some of the key tasks undertaken by the Rajkot RTO include:
1. Driving License:
- Conducting the driving test for the issuance of a DL
- Issuing the driving license and learner’s license to the applicants
- Renewing the DL
- Issuing and renewing the Motor Driving School license
- Issuance of the International Driving License
- Adding a class of a vehicle to the applicant’s DL
- Issuing the driving instructor’s license and renewing it as well
- Issuing a DL to the conductors
- Assisting people with applications related to DL
2. Registration Certificate and related work:
- Issuance of the temporary and permanent RC
- Transferring the ownership to another person in the RC
- Issuing a duplicate RC in the event of loss, damage, or theft
- Rectification or change of address in RC
- Entry or loan hypothecation in the RC
- Issuing a No Objection Certificate (when the vehicle is transferred to a different state)
- Renewing the trade certificate
- Conducting a vehicle fitness test and issuance of a vehicle fitness certificate
- Issuing permits like carriage permits and state permit
- Issuing a duplicate RC in the event of loss, theft, or damage
3. Collection of revenue on the behalf of the government:
- Motor Vehicle Tax/ Road Tax
- IMV Fees Collection
- DA (Departmental Action) Cases
4. Safety of the environment and ensuring pollution control:
- Pollution Under Control Testing
- CNG/LPG conversion of vehicles
5. Taking steps to ensure the safety of people on the road:
- The RTO Rajkot office ensures that people follow all the rules and regulations on the road. In case someone breaks the rules, the RTO also punishes the offender.
RTO Rajkot Contact Number and Address:
In the table below, we have shown the Rajkot RTO details like Rajkot RTO code, Rajkot RTO timings, and Rajkot RTO contact details:
RTO Code Number
RTO Office, Near Market Yard, Rajkot – 360001
RTO Rajkot Number
10 AM – 5 P
Types of vehicle registration at RTO Rajkot:
- Temporary Registration: The temporary registration is the one that is done when the vehicle is bought from the showroom. You can only drive on the road with this registration for a limited period. Before the temporary registration expires, you must register your vehicles permanently at the RTO Rajkot.
- Permanent Registration: It is compulsory for any vehicle driving on the country's roads to have a permanent registration. The permanent registration process is simple; you can get it done from the RTO Rajkot office. You must visit the office, fill out the application form, and submit the required documents and registration fee.
Get Vehicle Insurance in Rajkot:
In India, any vehicle driving on the roads in the country must have a valid insurance policy. The vehicle insurance that you buy insures the vehicle owners against third-party liability. There are many types of vehicle insurance policies that you can buy. These include:
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: This includes protection against third-party liability and own damage. It is the insurance policy that covers all the risks that are involved when you drive the vehicle on the road.
- Third-Party Liability: This includes protection if you cause damage to a third party during an accident on the road.
- Personal Accident: Personal Accident Cover for the driver, owner-driver, and passengers
There are also many add-on covers that you can purchase to boost your policy coverage and make your policy more comprehensive. These add-on covers include No Claim Bonus Protection Cover, Zero Depreciation Cover, Roadside Assistance Cover, etc.
Before you purchase a policy, it is advised to gain relevant knowledge about the premiums, claim settlement process, coverage, etc., to avoid any future problems. Make comparisons and research properly before you decide to purchase a policy.
Rajkot RTO FAQs:
1) how can I get a duplicate DL if I lose my DL from Rajkot RTO?
Ans. If you lose your DL, you can visit the RTO Rajkot, fill out the relevant forms and submit them along with all the relevant documents.
2) How can I get an International Driving License from Rajkot RTO?
Ans. You can get an International Driving License issued from RTO Rajkot by filling out the form and submitting the relevant documents.
3) What documents should I submit as my address proof in RTO Rajkot?
Ans. The documents you can use for address proof include an Aadhar card, Passport, LIC Policy, electricity bill, etc.
4) How long is a vehicle registered with a Rajkot RTO in India?
Ans. A vehicle has been registered with a Rajkot RTO for 15 years. After this, you must submit the relevant documents to get your vehicle re-registered.
5) How can I get a duplicate RC from RTO Rajkot?
Ans. If you have lost your RC, you must submit a police report, PUC, address proof, NOC (from the financer in case of a loan), and applicable fees to RTO Rajkot.