Gorakhpur is a cultural and industrial hub located in a city in the state of Uttar Pradesh. With the increasing development, the living standards of people have enhanced. With more people purchasing vehicles, there is a need to monitor the roads and provide services to the people.
RTO Gorakhpur works under the jurisdiction of RTO Uttar Pradesh. The head of the RTO is the Transport Commissioner, who overlooks all the functions of the RTO. The RTO ensures improvement in the road transport services provided to the people. It also makes sure that the people are following all the rules and regulations laid down by the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Gorakhpur:
- Temporary Registration Certificate
- Permanent Registration Certificate
- Issuance of No Objection Certificate
- Transfer of vehicle ownership
- Cancellation of RC
- Renewal of registration
- Issuing a duplicate Registration Certificate in case of theft, loss, or damage
- Issuing the RC to private and public vehicles
Must Read: How to apply for a duplicate RC?
Services Related to DL:
- Issuing the Learner’s DL
- Issuing the permanent DL
- Issuance of a duplicate DL in case of theft, loss, or damage
- Conducting a driving test for people who have applied for a license
- Providing assistance related to online/offline applications of DL
- Issuance of International Driving License
- Providing DLs to differently-abled people
- Cancellation of the DL
Services Related to the issue of Permits:
- Issuance of permits to buses (passenger and school)
- Stage Carriage permit
- Maxi cabs, radio cabs, etc. permits
- National Permit for goods carriage
- Permits to the private service vehicles
- Various types of road tax
- Decides the amount of road tax
- Decides the structure of the tax
Pollution and Fuel:
- Issues Pollution Under Control certificate
- Regulates the fuel consumption by the vehicles
Safety Measures for the people:
- Ensures that the people follow all the rules and regulations like wearing helmets, following the traffic signals, etc.
- Makes sure all the vehicles on the road are safe
RTO Gorakhpur Contact Number and Address:
|RTO Gorakhpur Address||RTO Office, New Gida, Sector 5, Uttar Pradesh-273001|
|Contact Number||0551- 2343743|
|Office Timings||10:00 AM – 05:00 PM|
Temporary and permanent Vehicle Registration in RTO Gorakhpur:
- Temporary Registration: Temporary registration is provided by the dealer to the owner of the vehicle at the time of buying the vehicle. This registration is valid for one month only. Before this registration expires, the owner is expected to get his vehicle permanently registered with the RTO Gorakhpur.
- Permanent Registration: The permanent registration can be availed by the vehicle owner from the RTO Gorakhpur. It is mandatory to get your vehicle registered to drive it on the roads in India. For getting your vehicle registered you must fill up a form and submit the relevant documents at the RTO office Gorakhpur along with the applicable fees.
Get Motor Vehicle Insurance in Gorakhpur:
In India, holding valid motor vehicle insurance is compulsory and without it, you cannot drive your vehicle on the road. The insurance coverage acts as financial protection in case there is an accident on the road and damages are caused to a third party or there is a bodily injury to the third party. There are two types of insurance that you can buy:
- Third-Party Liability Insurance: Under this type of policy the damage or injuries to a third party are covered.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Under this policy, damage caused to the vehicle and bodily injuries of the third party as well as self are covered.
The motor vehicle insurance policy can be customized by purchasing add-on covers. These also help to increase the scope of the policy which is essential in today’s time. Before you buy the policy, read all the information carefully.
Click here, read about the difference between third party and comprehensive insurance.
1) How can I get a registration number in Gorakhpur?
To get a registration number in Gorakhpur you must fill forms. You must submit the forms along with your address proof, insurance document, a form (if the vehicle is on a loan), proof of payment of road tax, and the applicable registration fees.
2) How can I change my address in my RC Book in Gorakhpur?
To change your address in your RC Book, you must visit RTO Gorakhpur fill a form, PUC certificate, original RC book, address proof, NOC from the financer (in case there is a loan), insurance document, and the applicable fees.
3) What documents do I need to transfer the ownership of my vehicle in Gorakhpur?
The documents that you need to transfer the ownership of your vehicle in Gorakhpur include forms, relevant documents, and fees.
4) If I lose my RC, how can I get a duplicate RC in Gorakhpur?
To get a duplicate RC, you must apply to RTO Gorakhpur. You must fill the form and submit it along with a police report, PUC, address proof, insurance document, NOC from the financer (in case of a loan), and the applicable fees.
5) If the registration of my vehicle has expired, how can I renew the RC of my vehicle?
To get your registration renewed, you must visit the RTO Gorakhpur. You will need the forms, relevant documents, and fees.