Agra, famous for the monument of love, the Taj Mahal, is a cultural and industrial hub in a city in Uttar Pradesh. With the increasing urbanisation, there is an enhancement in the living standards of people. With more people purchasing vehicles, there is a need to monitor the roads and provide services to the people.
RTO Agra works under the jurisdiction of RTO Uttar Pradesh. The head of the RTO is the Transport Commissioner, who oversees all the functions of the RTO. The Agra RTO ensures improvement in the road transport services provided to the people. It also ensures that the people follow all the rules and regulations laid down by the Motor Vehicle Act 1988.
Roles and Responsibilities of Agra RTO:
Services related to vehicle registration:
- Temporary Registration Certificate
- Permanent Registration Certificate
- Refresh the RC
- Issuance of No Objection Certificate
- Transfer of vehicle ownership
- Cancelling RC
- Renewal of registration
- Issuing a duplicate Registration Certificate in case of theft, loss, or damage
- Issuing the RC to private and public vehicles
Services Related to DL:
- Issuing the Learner’s DL
- Issuing the permanent DL
- Issuance of a duplicate DL in case of theft, loss, or damage
- Conducting a driving test for people who have applied for a license
- Providing assistance related to online/offline applications of DL
- Issuance of International Driving License
- Providing DLs to differently-abled people
- Cancellation of the DL
Services Related to the Issue of Permits:
- Issuance of permits to buses (passenger and school)
- Stage Carriage Permit
- Maxi cabs, radio cabs, etc. permits
- National Permit for goods carriage
- Permits to private service vehicles
- Various types of road tax
- Decide the amount of road tax to levy
- Decides the structure of the tax
Pollution and Fuel:
- Issues Pollution Under Control certificate
- Regulates the fuel consumption by the vehicles
Safety Measures for the People:
- Ensures that the people follow all the rules and regulations like wearing helmets, following the traffic signals, etc.
- Makes sure all the vehicles on the road are safe
RTO Agra Contact Number and Address:
|Agra RTO Code||UP-80|
|RTO Agra Address||339, Transport Colony, Transport Nagar, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282002|
|Contact Number||0562 260 0793|
|RTO Agra Timing||10:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Temporary and permanent registration in RTO Agra:
- Temporary Registration: Temporary registration is provided by the dealer to the vehicle's owner at the time of buying the vehicle. This registration is valid for one month only. Before this registration expires, the owner is expected to get his vehicle permanently registered with the RTO Agra.
- Permanent Registration: The vehicle owner from the RTO Agra can avail of the permanent registration. Getting your vehicle registered to drive it on the roads in India is mandatory. To register your vehicle, complete a form and submit the relevant documents at the Agra RTO and the applicable fees.
Get Motor Vehicle Insurance in Agra:
In India, getting vehicle insurance to drive vehicles on the road is mandatory. If you are driving your vehicle without insurance, then you may face punishment in the form of fines. So, you must get an insurance policy to drive your vehicle legally.
A motor insurance policy protects you from financial burdens in an emergency on the road. There are three types of coverage that you can get when you buy a motor insurance policy for yourself. These include:
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: This plan covers damages and bodily injury to both self and third party.
- Third-Party Liability: This plan only covers damages and bodily injury to both parties.
You can also get add-on covers that provide extra financial assistance and better coverage. Some common add-ons you can buy include zero depreciation cover, consumables cover, roadside assistance cover, critical replacement cover, no-claim bonus cover, etc. These covers enhance your coverage and help you offset some of the significant expenses you incur when an accident occurs on the road.
Before buying an insurance policy for yourself, you must read all the information clearly and compare different policies to get the best one according to your requirements. Before buying a policy, you need to consider coverage amount, premiums, and the claim settlement process. It is advisable to buy a policy after careful consideration and comparison.
Agra RTO FAQs:
1) How can I get a registration number in Agra RTO?
Ans. You must fill out forms 20, 21, and 22 to get a registration number in Agra RTO. You must submit the forms with your address proof, insurance document, form 34 (if the vehicle is on loan), proof of road tax payment, and the applicable registration fees.
2) How can I change my address in my RC Book in Agra?
Ans. To change your address in your RC Book, you must visit RTO Agra, fill in form no 33 (with chassis print), PUC certificate, original RC book, address proof, NOC from the financer (in case there is a loan), insurance document, and the applicable fees.
3) What documents do I need to transfer the ownership of my vehicle to Agra RTO?
Ans. The documents you need to transfer the ownership of your vehicle in Agra include forms no. 19 and 30 (with chassis number written with a pencil), form no. 31 (in case of inheritance), form no. 32 (in case of a public auction), PUC certificate, insurance document, original RC, proof of address & identity, and the applicable fees of Rs 30 (for a bike) & Rs 100 (for a car).
4) how can I get a duplicate RC in Agra RTO if I lose my RC?
Ans. To get a duplicate RC, you must apply to RTO Agra. You must fill out the form and submit it with a police report, PUC, address proof, insurance document, NOC from the financer (in case of a loan), and the applicable fees.
Click here to apply for duplicate RC online.
5) If my vehicle registration has expired, how can I renew the RC of my vehicle in Agra RTO?
Ans. You must visit the Agra RTO Agra to renew your registration after 15 years of purchasing the vehicle. You must complete CMV form 25, the vehicle's registration certificate, the road tax receipt, the insurance document, and any proof of address. After the documents are submitted, the RTO Agra will inspect the vehicle. After this is verified, your RC will be renewed for five years.