Mysore, a humble city in the state of Karnataka, is known for its rich tradition and technology. The city is a unity of modernity and traditional folklore. This city has been associated with many puranic stories and has been ruled by many historic kingdoms like Gangas, Chalukyas, Cholas, and Hoysalas. Today the city has developed into a magnificent town with beautiful buildings, elegant parks, and excellent town planning. The city is well-known for its strong technological connection as ‘Infosys’ and many other top 50 IT companies have a huge presence in the city. Apart from its rich tradition and technological upgrade, the city is also famous for its sandalwood artifacts, rosewood artifacts, stone structures, incense sticks, and exquisite silk sarees.
Since the technological up-gradation of the city, it has seen a rise in the number of residents. As the number of residents increased in and around the city the government has established 3 Regional Transport Offices in Mysore to provide good services. All the RTO office Mysore is established as per Section 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. Through the various Mysore RTO offices, the city provides various services and functions related to vehicles. All the Mysore RTO Offices work as per the regulations and provisions laid down under Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The following are all the major functions carried out by Mysore RTO.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO office Mysore:
The following are the various services offered by the RTO Mysore office to its citizens:
1. Services Related to Driving License:
Driving on Indian roads with a valid driving license is a primary prerequisite. Driving without a valid driving license is considered illegal and an offence as it is one of the most important and mandatory documents that every vehicle owner must possess. One of the primary roles and responsibility of the RTO office Mysore is to provide all the services related to Driving License as under:
- RTO Mysore East and RTO Mysore West both offer two types of driving license, namely Learner’s License and Permanent License
- For issuance of a Driving License, the first step is to conduct a driving test. So, the Mysore RTO schedules and conducts the driving test as mandated under the Motor Vehicle Act.
- First, a learner’s license is offered, then a driving test is conducted, and then a permanent license is issued after the completion of 18 years of the vehicle owner.
- Service-related to the renewal of Driving License in case of expiry is offered
- Issuance Duplicate License in case of loss or theft of existing driving license
- Disqualification or Revocation of existing Driving License
- Issuance and/or renewal of the Motor Driving School license
- Issuance of the International Driving license
- Updating address in the existing Driving License
- Issue and/or renewal of the driving instructor’s and Conductor’s license
2. Registration Certificate and related work:
Registration of a new vehicle is an important responsibility of the Mysore RTO. Any vehicle sold or transferred under the Mysore City jurisdiction has to be registered under the RTO Office. The following are the various services offered related to the registration certificate.
- Issuance of Temporary Registration Certificate and Permanent Registration Certificate to the vehicle owners
- Registration of out-state vehicle
- Issuance of No Objection Certificate in case the vehicle owner wants to transfer the vehicle to another state
- Transfer of Vehicle Ownership
- Renewal or extension of RC
- Issuance of duplicate Registration Certificate in case of theft, damage, or loss of original RC.
- Address change in Registration Certificate
- Hypothecation Services in the case the vehicle was purchased from a loan through a financial institution or Bank.
Must Read: How to apply for RTO Registration Online?
3. Vehicle Permit:
Vehicles involved in the transportation of goods and people or carrier services need a permit to work within the country or the jurisdiction of the city. Issuance of permits is one of the important responsibilities of the Mysore RTO office. The following are the services offered related to vehicle permit issued by Mysore RTO:
- Permit issued to Metered / Non-Metered Motor Cab
- Permit issued to Maxi Cab / Taxi Permit
- Permit issue to Stage Carriage / Goods Carriage
- Permit issued to Private Vehicle / Commercial vehicle
- Permit issued to Tourist Cab/vehicles other than tourist cab
- Issuance of National Permit / Local Permit
- Issuance of Auto Rickshaw Permit
4. Collection of Taxes:
Collecting revenues for the government is one of the primary responsibilities of the RTO Mysore. The RTO Mysore collects the following revenue on behalf of the government.
- Motor Vehicle Tax
- Road Tax
- Instant Market Value Fees Collection
5. Other Responsibilities:
Apart from the above-listed services, the Mysore RTO also carries out the following additional responsibilities.
- Pollution Under Control Testing
- Issuance of Pollution Under Control Certificates
- Registration of CNG or LPG Vehicles
RTO Codes, Contact Number and Address:
|RTO Mysore West Code||KA-09|
|RTO Address||Deputy Commissioner for Transport and Senior R.T.O Mysore,Chamaraja Puram, Mysore West-570005|
|Mysore RTO Number||Phone: 0821-2330364, Mob: 94498640089|
|Timings||10.00 AM to 5.00 PM|
|RTO Address||Assistant Regional Transport office, Cauvery Irrigation Nigama, No.1, HRBC Building, Hunsur-571105|
|Mysore RTO Number||Phone: 0822-2252699, Mob: 9449864045|
|Timings||10.00 AM to 5.00 PM|
RTO Mysore East:
|RTO Address||Regional Transport Office, Mysore East, Triveni Circle, Dr.RajKumar Road, Mysore-570019|
|Mysore RTO Number||Phone: 0821-2330364, Mob: 9449864055|
|Timings||10.00 AM to 5.00 PM|
Types of Vehicle Registration at RTO Mysore:
As we know that vehicle registration is one of the primary and important functions of Mysore RTO. All the Mysore RTO Offices issue the following two types of vehicle registration.
- Temporary Registration: Temporary registration is offered for one month. With a temporary registration, the vehicle owner can drive or ride the vehicle. However, permanent registration before the completion of one month is mandatory. The validity of the temporary Mysore registration number is for one month.
- Permanent Registration: A permanent Mysore vehicle registration number is important. Without a permanent registration, driving or riding a vehicle on the city roads is considered offensive and illegal.
Get Vehicle Insurance in Mysore:
A motor vehicle insurance policy is an important document that ensures financial protection in case of an accident and damages caused to the vehicle or person. Holding a valid vehicle insurance policy is mandatory for every vehicle owner. The vehicle owner can avail of the following types of Motor Vehicle Insurance Policies.
- Third-Party Liability Vehicle Insurance Policy: Under this type, all the damages caused to the vehicle or injuries caused to the third-party person are covered.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy: Under this type, all the damages caused to the vehicle or injuries caused to a third party or self are covered.
The Motor Vehicle Insurance can be customized by adding add-on covers. With add-on covers, the vehicle owner can increase the scope of the insurance policy. Various vehicle insurance add-on covers are available; it is recommended to do in-depth market research before purchasing.
1) Does the Mysore RTO Office issue a Driving License Online?
Yes, the RTO Office Mysore issues Driving License through its online website services.
2) What is the procedure for a permanent driving license in Mysore?
The first step for availing of a permanent driving license from Mysore RTO is to apply for a learning license, then undergo a driving test, and on successful completion of the driving test, a permanent license shall be issued to the vehicle owner.
3) How many RTO offices Mysore has?
There are three Mysore RTO offices present in the city. RTO Mysore East, RTO Mysore West, and Mysore RTO Office at Hunsur.
4) What are the mandatory documents required for a permanent driving license?
It is mandatory to submit the following documents to the RTO Office Mysore for receiving a permanent driving license.
- Valid Learner’s License
- Passport-size photographs
- Applicable Fees
5) What is the online procedure to apply for a Driving License with Mysore RTO?
The following is a step-by-step guide to apply for Driving License Online at Mysore RTO. The online application is to be done through Sarathi-4 Software:
- Visit https://parivahan.gov.in website
- Select ‘Online Services’ under this section select ‘Driving License Related Services’
- Select the state ‘Karnataka’ from the drop-down menu
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ and then click on ‘New Driving License.’
- Fill in all the required details and take the print-out of the
- Acknowledgment book the date and time of ‘DL Test Slot Booking.’
- Pay applicable fees either online or through offline mode as per your convenience.
- Visit the RTO Mysore on the selected date and time to attend the driving license test.