The capital of Karnataka, Bangalore, currently known as Bengaluru, is one of the most important and rapidly developing IT hubs. Situated in the southern part of India, Bangalore is especially noted for its innumerable parks, highly favourable and soothing climatic conditions, along sparkling and happening nightlife.
The RTO Bangalore was established with the chief principle of managing the existing rules and regulations and implementing new ones as per the demand of the situation. The RTO office Bangalore is vested with the important responsibility of ensuring the general public's protection, safety, and security.
Being one of the major metropolitans of the country, the Bangalore RTO list is quite immense. There are numerous RTO offices spread across the city.
RTO Services Bangalore:
1. RTO Bangalore driving license:
- Conducting a driving test for the issuance of the driving license
- Issuing learner’s license as well as driving license
- Renewal of the driving license
- Issuance and renewal of the Motor Driving School license
- Deserving candidates receive International Driving License
- Adding a specific class of vehicle to the respective driving license
- Issue and renewal of the driving instructor’s license
- Issuance of the driving license of the conductor
- Assisting any application-related query associated with the driving license
2. Registration Certificate and associated tasks:
- Issuing both temporary as well as permanent registration certificate
- Ownership transfer in the RC
- In case of loss or damage of the original registration certificate, a duplicate RC is issued by the RTO
- Updating address change on the RC
- Loan or loan hypothecation in the registration certificate
- Issuance of NOC in case of inter-state transfer of vehicle
- Renewal of the trade certificate
- Examining the fitness level of the vehicle and issuing fitness certificate against the same
- Issuing varieties of permits like stage permit, carriage permit, etc
3. Collection of taxes and revenues for the government:
- Departmental Action cases
- Motor Vehicle Tax/Road Tax
- IMV Fees collection
4. Inspection of vehicles:
RTO Bangalore is responsible for inspecting every single vehicle passing through every individual checkpoint.
5. Ensuring Environment Safety:
- PUC control testing
- Conversion of the vehicles to LPG/CNG
6. Ensuring the general safety of the public:
The RTO Bangalore is responsible for ensuring the general road safety of the common people by effective management, implementation of the traffic rules and policies.
7. RTO Bangalore online:
The online service portal of Bangalore RTO is one of the most significant tools in this respect. You can easily view Bangalore vehicle owner details online with just a few clicks on your laptop or smartphone. Bangalore RTO vehicle details are also readily available on the portal.
Bangalore RTO number and Contact Details:
|RTO Name||RTO Details|
|Bangalore RTO code (East)||KA-03|
|Address (Bangalore East RTO)||2nd Floor, BDA Complex, Indiranagar, Bangalore- 560038|
|Bangalore RTO code (West)||KA-02|
|Address (Bangalore West RTO)||Rajajinagar Shopping Complex, Bangalore- 560010|
Types of vehicle registration in Bangalore:
- Temporary registration: When you buy a brand new vehicle from the showroom, you automatically receive a temporary registration. The validity of this registration is very limited to up to around one month. Before the expiry of this period, you must apply for permanent registration at your nearest RTO office in Bangalore.
- Permanent registration: It is the mandate and the law of the nation to possess a permanent registration certificate plying on the road. Bangalore is no exception to this. Every single vehicle must be duly registered with the RTO office in Bangalore. You have to apply for a permanent registration certificate at your nearest RTO centre as there are several offices spread across the city. You will receive it after the completion of the necessary paperwork and the submission of the fees.
Vehicle Insurance in Bangalore:
The consistent growth and development of the roads and transport have significantly improved the connectivity. It has positively affected the lives of millions in more ways than one. But at the same time, the incidence of road accidents has also risen. Therefore, it has become compulsory for every single Indian vehicle to possess vehicle insurance as a form of protection for the driver, owner-driver, and vehicle passengers. It is a safeguard against unforeseen and sudden accidents that might happen in route.
A motor vehicle insurance scheme offers complete and all-around protection against all sorts of unprecedented emergencies that may arise on the road. There are three types of motor vehicle coverages:
- Comprehensive car insurance
- Personal accident cover
- Third-party liability
You may also avail the additional coverages for enjoying increased financial assistance, providing you extra coverage. The additional covers include Key Replacement cover, Roadside Assistance cover, Zero Depreciation cover, NCB protection cover, etc.
It is always advised that you should read the policy documents keenly to clear any ambiguity. The important considerable factors include coverage amount, settlement amount, premium value, etc. It would help if you ideally settled for a single plan after careful comparison and consideration.
1) How to obtain a learner’s license in Bangalore?
You can either physically visit the nearest RTO Bangalore or do it online. The advanced digitized system has eased out the procedure to a considerable extent.
2) What is the list of documents that are required to obtain a DL in Bangalore?
The relevant documents are as follows:
- 2 passport photos
- PAN card copy
- Medical fitness certificate copy
- Copy of the written consent of the parent/guardian with date and signature (for minor applicant)
- Address proof copy (Ration card/voter card/passport/life insurance policy)
- Birth certificate copy
- Copy of a valid learner’s license
- Receipt of the fees paid
3) What are the documents required for NOC?
The documents required for NOC are as follows:
- Application Form 28
- Original RC
- Latest payment receipt of Road Tax
- A valid vehicle insurance
- Crime report of NCRB
- Address proof copy
4) Am I eligible to drive my vehicle without registering to the new state where I have been transferred?
Ideally, you need to take a NOC (No Objection Certificate) from your home state and then pay the road tax and register your vehicle in the new state. However, if the move is temporary, you can always travel without a NOC as long as the duration of the stay is less.
5) What amount of Road tax do I need to pay after transferring it to a different state?
The range varies from state to state but it generally remains around 10% of the total vehicle value. You need to check the exact details from the official website of the new state.