Kanpur is in the state of Uttar Pradesh and is the largest city in the state. The city is famous for its breathtaking colonial architecture, garden, and parks. Kanpur is a notable hub for academics and research and is home to some of the top schools and colleges in the country. Because of the expansion and the increase in population, there has been an increase in the number of vehicles on the roads.
The RTO office Kanpur was established under the jurisdiction of RTO Uttar Pradesh. It follows the rules and regulations mentioned in Section 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The Kanpur RTO ensures that the people are following the rules and regulations and caters to the needs of the people who are driving on the roads by ensuring that the roads are maintained and developed properly.
Roles and Responsibilities of Kanpur RTO:
The following are the various services offered by the RTO Kanpur to its citizens.
A driving license is a document that is mandatory for anyone who wishes to drive their vehicle on the road. The RTO office in Kanpur offers various services related to Driving licenses. These include:
- Conducting a driving test before they issue the driving license
- Learning License and Permanent License are issued by the RTO Kanpur
- RTO Kanpur License Renewal Service in case of expiry of current Driving License
- Issuing a duplicate driving license in case of theft or loss of the original license
- Disqualification or Revocation of the Driving License
- Issuance and/or renewal of the Motor Driving School license
- Issuance of the International Driving Permit
- Changes like address in an existing Driving License
- Issue and/or renew the driving instructor’s license
- Issuance of a Driving License to the conductor
Registration Certificate and related work:
- Issuing a Temporary Registration Certificate to buyers of the vehicle
- Issuance of Permanent Registration Certificate to newly bought vehicles
- Issuance of No Objection Certificate when an owner wishes to register their vehicle in another state due to a transfer
- Registration of a vehicle coming from another state
- Assigning new Registration Mark
- Registration of fancy Numbers
- Motor vehicle Ownership Transfer
- Renewal or extension of RC in case the RC expires
- Issuing a duplicate RC in case of theft, damage, or loss.
- Changes to the information like an address on the Registration Certificate
- In the case of a loan taken for a vehicle, the RTO office
- Registers the hypothecation of the vehicle in the name of the institution/ person/institution who has provided the loan.
The Kanpur RTO office also has the responsibility to grant and renew permits to vehicles. These permits include:
- Permit for Metered Motor Cab
- Permit for Non-Metered Motor Cab
- Permit for Maxi Cab
- Permit for Stage Carriage
- Permit for Goods Carriage
- Permit for Private Service Vehicle
- Permit for Tourist Cab
- Permit issued to tourist vehicle besides a tourist taxi
- Issuing a National Permit
- Issuing an Auto Rickshaw Permit
- Taxi Permit
- Motor Vehicle Tax/ Road Tax
- Instant Market Value Fees Collection
- Inspecting the Vehicles
- PUC (Pollution Under Control) Testing
- Issuing PUC Certificates
- Registration of CNG or LPG Vehicles
- Conversion of Petrol/Diesel vehicles to CNG/LPG
RTO Kanpur Contact Number and Address:
|RTO Kanpur Dehat||UP-77|
|RTO Kanpur Nagar||UP-78|
|RTO Address||Kanpur Dehat RTO Office, Kripalpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh – 209101|
|Kanpur RTO Number||1800 1800 151, 0522-261397|
|Timing||10:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Types of Vehicle Registration at RTO:
These are the two types of vehicle registration that are done at the RTO office in Kanpur. The registration is done for two-wheelers as well as for four-wheelers.
- Temporary Registration: Temporary registration number is issued to the vehicles when the vehicle is purchased from the showroom. It is necessary to ply your car on the roads in India. The temporary registration is valid for one month only and before it expires, the vehicle owner must get a permanent registration for his vehicle.
- Permanent Registration: Permanent registration is mandatory for any vehicle that you wish to drive on the roads in India. The RTO Kanpur is responsible for issuing a permanent registration to any vehicle owner that applies for it with the valid documents and the applicable fees.
Get Vehicle Insurance in Kanpur:
It is mandatory to get Motor Vehicle Insurance in India to drive a vehicle on the roads. Vehicle insurance is a safety net that protects you from any claims that may arise due to damage or bodily injury caused to a third party in case of an accident on the road. Without proper insurance in order, driving your vehicle (four and two-wheeler) is not safe and is also considered a legal offense under the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. There are two types of motor vehicle insurance that you can get:
- Third-Party Liability: This insurance policy covers the damages or injuries caused to any third party in the case of an accident. Any damages that are caused to a personal vehicle or any personal injuries are not provided any coverage under this policy. This is the mandatory coverage that you must have to drive your vehicle on the roads in India.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Comprehensive car insurance provides coverage for damages or injuries caused to a third party and owning a vehicle. In case of an accident, it covers your own injuries and damages as well which is important.
Also, you can enhance the coverage of your motor insurance policy by purchasing some add-on covers like zero depreciation and engine protection. It is very beneficial and mandatory to get your motor vehicle insured so that you can be safe when you are driving your vehicle. A motor insurance policy can protect you from the financial burden that can arise if there is an accident.
1) Does the Kanpur RTO Office issue International Driving Permit?
Yes, you can get an International Driving Permit issued from Kanpur RTO by submitting relevant required documents.
2) How can I get a NOC from RTO Kanpur?
If you want to transfer your vehicle to another state, you need a NOC from RTO Kanpur. The documents that you need for a NOC include Form No 28, RC, vehicle insurance document, PUC, etc, and the applicable fees.
3) What is the Kanpur RTO office code?
The Kanpur RTO code is UP-78.
4) I damaged my Registration Certificate. Can I apply for duplicate RC in RTO Kanpur?
Yes, a duplicate Registration Certificate can be issued at the RTO Kanpur office, but you need to apply by submitting the documents and fees.
5) I lost my DL. Can I get a duplicate DL from Kanpur?
Yes, you can get a duplicated DL from Kanpur RTO by submitting the documents and the fees.