Acko Health Insurance is a private sector health insurance company launched in November 2016. It uses an entirely online-based strategy to market and sells its products to consumers. Acko Health Insurance offers a wide range of health insurance products, including individual health insurance, family health insurance, senior citizen health insurance, etc.
Acko Health Insurance has "over 50 million unique customers" in India. Moreover, Acko Health Insurance has partnered with some of the biggest names in the digital business industry, like Ola, Oyo, Zomato, RedBus, Amazon, Rapido, etc.
Acko Health Insurance has won many awards in the last few years. Some of the awards and recognition won by Acko Health Insurance are mentioned below:
- Acko Health Insurance was awarded the Golden Peacock Innovative Product Award 2019 for Ola Trip Insurance products.
- Acko Health Insurance chooses as the "winner in their Insurance and Savings category" in the year 2019.
Read the below sections to know more about the Acko Health Insurance Company.
Acko Health Insurance Company Specification
Below mentioned are the key specifications of Acko health insurance company
|Incurred Claim Ratio (2021-22)||103.75|
|Claim Settlement Ratio (less than 3 hrs) (2021-22)||97.20%|
|Solvency Ratio (2021-22)||1.84|
|Market Share (2021-22)||407.12 crore|
*Data has been sourced from the annual report of IRDAI 2021-22
Key Features of Acko Health Insurance
We, "RenewBuy", have assessed Acko Health Insurance based on multiple factors, including network hospitals, claim support, solvency ratio, etc., to understand the company's performance better. These factors will provide you with an insight into the performance of the company and help you make your decision. Let us examine the key features of Acko Health Insurance Company in more detail:
Acko Health Insurance offers the facility of cashless hospitalization to its policyholder in all its health insurance plans. Acko Health Insurance has tied up with over 7000 hospitals across India where policyholders can avail of cashless medical treatment.
Claim Settlement Ratio
Claim settlement is one of the main concerns for the policyholder when purchasing a health insurance policy, as it ensures that their health insurance company will pay out the claims during emergencies. Moreover, looking at an insurance company's claim settlement ratio is crucial before buying a health plan from a health insurance company. The claim settlement ratio is the total claims settled out of the total number of claims raised by the health insurance company in a year. The claim settlement ratio for ACKO General Insurance is 93.65%, according to the IRDAI report for 2020–21.
The solvency ratio is a valuable parameter that helps us determine the ability of a company to meet its financial obligations. According to IRDAI, every health insurance company in India is required to maintain a minimum solvency ratio of 1.5 for the financial year 2020-21, and ACKO Health Insurance has a solvency ratio of 2.75.
Health Insurance Plans Offered by Acko Health Insurance
Acko health insurance offers two different types of health insurance plans to cater for every need of the customers.
Acko Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
- Covers Covid-19 Treatment
- No Claim Bonus
- Tax Benefits
Entry Age: 18 Years to 65 Years
Sum Insured: 50K to 10 Lakhs
Acko Group Medical Insurance Policy
- Maternity Benefits
- AYUSH Treatment
- Domiciliary Hospitalization
Every Company Employee
Common Exclusions Under Acko Health Insurance Plans
The health insurance plans offered by Acko Health Insurance cover almost every hospitalization expense, while certain diseases and conditions are not covered under Acko health insurance plans:
- Expenses related to any admission are primarily for diagnostics and evaluation purposes.
- Obesity treatment expenses
- Participation in hazardous or adventure sports
- Gender change treatment or surgeries
- Expenses related to childbirth or miscarriage
- Expenses related to sterility and infertility
Acko Health Insurance Buying Process
You can buy an acko health insurance plan in two ways, i.e. through the official website of the company or "RenewBuy". Have a look at both the buying processes of the Acko Health Insurance plans:
Buy from "RenewBuy.com"
- Visit the official website of "RenewBuy".
- Click on the "Health Insurance Plan" tab.
- Select the desired plan.
- Fill in all the required details.
- Click on the "Buy Now" button.
- Make payment.
Buy from the official website of Acko health insurance
- Visit the official website of "Acko Health Insurance".
- Click on the "ACKO Health Insurance" tab.
- Select your desired plan.
- Fill in the required information.
- Click on the "Insure Now" button
- Add the desired add-on riders to your Acko health insurance plan.
- Calculate the premium amount and make the payment
Why Buy Acko Health Insurance Plans From RenewBuy?
RenewBuy brings you the best deals across the market on Acko Health Insurance plans. The key reasons for you to consider us are as follows:
- IRDAI Certified
- Get Insured by a leading Insurer
- Discounted Premiums
- Compare Various Health Plans in Just a few Clicks
- Simple & Easy Buying Process
- 24x7 Claim Assistance
Acko Health Insurance Policy Renewal Process
Policyholders can renew their acko health insurance plans by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the ACKO Health Insurance official website.
- Log in with your login credentials.
- You will see a 'Policy Card' that shows the health plans that need to be renewed.
- Press the "Buy Now" button to proceed further.
- Make the renewal payment online.
Acko Health Insurance Claim Process
Acko health insurance offers a simple and quick claim process. You can raise the claim in acko health insurance plans in two ways, i.e. cashless claim process and reimbursement claim process:
Cashless Claim Process
- Show your policy health card to the hospital authority.
- Submit a duly filled cashless request form.
- Submit other required documents.
- Once the verification is done, Acko health insurance will issue a pre-authorization letter to the hospital for the cashless treatment of the patient.
- After the discharge of the patient, the health insurance company will settle the treatment cost directly with the hospital.
Reimbursement Claim Process
- Inform the Acko health insurance within 48 hours of hospitalization.
- Pay your medical bill on your own.
- Submit all the required documents to the acko health insurance company.
- Acko health insurance will verify all the documents.
- Once the verification is done, the health insurance company will approve the claim.
- The claim amount will be released to the policyholder's bank account.
The ACKO health Insurance company must receive the claim notification and all necessary documents within the time frame shown in the table below.
|S.No||Claim Type||Pre-defined Time limit|
|1.||Reimbursement of hospitalization, pre-hospitalization expenses, and daycare treatment expense||Within the 30 days|
|2.||Reimbursement claim of post-hospitalization expenses||Within the 15 days|
|3.||Reimbursement of hospitalization, pre-hospitalization expenses, and daycare treatment expense||Within the 48 hours of hospitalization|
|4.||Emergency cashless hospitalization||Within the 24 hours of hospitalization|
Required Documents For Acko Health Insurance Claim
Below-mentioned is the list of documents that you have to submit while raising a claim with acko health insurance:
- Duly filled health claim form
- Photo ID proof
- Doctor's prescription
- Original bills
- Payment receipts
- Original discharge summary
- Diagnostic test reports
- NEFT Details
- Cancelled bank cheque.
- KYC details
- Any other relevant documents
Acko Health Insurance Contact Details
Below-mentioned is the contact details of the acko health insurance. Here is how you can reach out to them if you have any policy or claim-related queries:
Contact Details: Unit No. 301, 3rd Floor, E-wing, Lotus Corporate Park Off Western Express Highway, Jay Coach Flyover, Goregaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400063.
Toll-Free Number: 1800-266- 2256
Email ID: health@ACKO.com