Why Should You Buy Religare Health insurance Policies?
Religare Health Insurance Company Limited is a major insurance company which specialises in distribution and servicing various health insurance products. They also deal in other insurance products such as travel insurance and car insurance.
Religare offers a wide range of policies and plans where the customers can tweak the requirements to receive the policy and plan as per their requirements. The proven track record, comprehensive range of policies, and ease of online purchase make Religare an ideal health insurance service provider in India.
Why must you choose to buy Religare Health Insurance Policies?
There are many insurers in the market with varied products. However, Religare Health Insurance has one of the most lucrative products such as Religare mediclaim and Religare care health insurance. They suit diverse policyholder needs for umbrella cover for the entire family.
The company offers a series of benefits to the insured such as inpatient hospitalisation cover as per sum assured, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation cashless and reimbursement claim process, tons of day care procedures covered and bundled in its policies. These advantages of getting a health insurance from Religare health insurance will let you enjoy your life without worrying to pay the hefty medical bills right when it matters the most.
List of Religare Health Insurance Plans
Religare health insurance has few policies with varying plan and sum assured for which, you can check out the given policies and plans listed below. You can also use the Religare health insurance premium calculator to get the exact premiums to pay for the different policies as listed below.
- Super Saver Care 2 (2 Lacs)
- Super Saver Care 3 (3 & 4 Lacs)
- Care 4 Elite (5, 7, 10 Lacs)
- Care 5 Elite Plus (15, 20, 25, 30, 40 Lacs)
- Care 6 Global (50, 60, 75 Lacs)
- Care 7 Global Plus (1, 2, 3, 6 Crores)
Key features, eligibility, inclusions and exclusions of each and every plan
Following is the description, features, eligibility criteria, etc. for some of the Religare health insurance plan named above.
|Policies & Plans||Features||Eligibility||Exclusions|
|Super Saver Care 2 & Care 3||* In-patient hospitalisation along with pre and post hospitalisation support
* Ambulance, ICU, Day Care Charges Cover*
* Organ Donor Cover of Rs.50,000 (Care 2) & Rs. 100,000 (Care 3) respectively.
|Minimum age is 91 Days or 3 months and 1 day. No upper limit on age.||* Treatment for any surgery, diseases, and events occurred within the 30 days of lock-in period of the policy.
* All the tests and treatment related to IVF and infertility.
* Medical expenses for AIDS
|Elite Care 4||* 30 Days of Pre and 60 Days of Post Hospitalisation cover with in-patient hospitalisation
* Second Opinion and Organ Donor Cover of 1 Lac.
* Alternative treatments worth 20,000/-.
|Minimum age is 91 Days or 3 months and 1 day. No upper limit on age.||* Hospitalisation induced by strike, riot, war, or nuclear weapons
* No reimbursement within the cooling period of 30 days from the date of start of the policy
* Congenital diseases
* IVF and Infertility
|Elite Plus Care 5|| * Single Private Room and Upgradable
* 10% of SI
* 200,000/- worth of organ donor cover
* 30 days pre and 60 days post plus up to SI in-patient hospitalisation.
* No limit for ICU Charges.
|Minimum age is 91 Days or 3 months and 1 day. No upper limit on age.||* IVF and Infertility
* No Cover for diseases, tests, and treatment obtained within 30 days of commencement of the policy
* Congenital disease
* No cover for injuries acquired due to nuclear weapons, strike, riot, etc.
Religare Insurance Premium Calculator
Are you wondering which Religare medical insurance or Health Insurance to pick? Which policy will have what amount payable as premium? It’s not necessary to visit the insurance office to know the quotes. Religare’s online portal has a handy premium calculator for this purpose. You can find out the applicable premium at any time, from any place using this powerful tool. Check the tool on the right hand frame of the site. As the tool suggests, you can get free insurance quotes in seconds.
Religare has a detailed premium calculator on its website that lets you check out the premium for every policy and plan, age, and other filters. All you need to do is feed in the total number of family members, number of children, expected sum insured, and tenure. With these details the tool will compute the approximate premium payable for the policy you have selected.
Religare Health Insurance - FAQs
1 - Why Do You Need a Health Insurance?
It is not a secret that medical bills and costs of medications are hefty in today’s times. Hospitals have begun charging more and more for treatment of health conditions. This means that falling ill can also hamper your budget in case you don’t have a health insurance. When you have a health insurance, getting the best available treatment for any and every disorder and disease becomes easy. The insurance company takes the onus of paying the medical bills and bears cost of medicines as well as pre and post hospitalisation charges.
2 - What is No Claim Bonus?
Religare offers No Claim Bonus for its insured customers. It is actually a bonus i.e. 10% of the sum assured or more depending upon the policy which you can enjoy for a claim-free year. Its working is simple, if you have a policy of Rs. 1 Lac and you paid your premium, if the first year goes without any claims, you get a discount of Rs. 10,000/- as no claim bonus on next year premium upon Religare health insurance renewal.
3 - What Benefits Can I Enjoy If I Get a Health Insurance at a Young Age?
There are many benefits that you can enjoy with your policy at Religare acquired at a young age. The more your age, the more is the premium to pay. When you are young, you can enjoy the benefits of cashless treatment and reimbursement throughout your life. There are many tax benefits for getting a health insurance done. Plus, with no-claim bonus, you can enjoy the bonus for every claim-free year.
Religare Health Insurance - Latest News
- Religare has various products such as health insurance, medical, travel insurance, etc. As a part of its customer education initiatives, it has launched its first YouTube video ad. It emphasizes on the importance of taking precautionary measures to protect the health of their loved ones through proper health insurance. It seeks to elaborate why this step is better than bearing unwanted medical bills for treatment of ailments later on.
- 2018 will be a watershed year for Religare as it will be likely to sell off its 80% stake in Religare health insurance in India.
Benefits of Buying Health Insurance from Religare
- Religare offers a no-claim bonus for every year that goes without claiming for any medical charges which are around 10% to 20% depending on the policies.
- It has a network of 4500+ Religare health network hospitals where you can avail of cashless treatments.
- It offers a range of premium amounts based on the policy picked and the sum insured opted for. The SI can go as high as Rs. 6 crore.
- It doesn’t stipulate pre-policy medical examination for an amount less than Rs. 25 lakhs, till the applicant is below 50 years.
- The policies come with a lifelong renewability clause built-in.
- Strong customer support lets you remain up-to-date about various aspects of your policy, including Religare health insurance policy status.
Other benefits include a cover for any medical condition or disease contracted after getting a health insurance. The company bears all the costs of the tests and treatment in such a case.
Religare Health Insurance Claim Process
Religare health insurance has two modes of claim process where the individual must intimate the insurer about the hospitalisation within 24 hours (In case of an emergency) and 48 hours before admission if it is a planned hospitalisation. Following which, there are two procedures to follow for claim request and settlement i.e. Cashless and Reimbursement.
* Cashless Claim Process: First, this is the cashless mode where the individual or insured must request the hospital and the insured and get a pre-authorisation form. Submit it duly as per the timeline provided and then, send it to the hospital and/or the insurer as required.
The next step is the approval where the insurer will send a request to the hospital regarding the cashless claim after which, the hospital will revert with the data required. Finally, after getting a positive nod post the Religare health insurance review and case assessment, the treatment is reimbursed by the insured. In case of rejected application, the insured can apply for reimbursement claim after the discharge.
* Reimbursement Claim Process: The individual has to request the claim intimation within 24 hours of admission. After the discharge of the insured, it is their responsibility to send the application and the claim form for approval from the insurer along with all the supporting documents and medical history and investigation papers. The Religare health claim status will be updated on its website and through email/SMS if needed.
The insurer might ask for further investigation documents along with cross verification from the hospital and finally, the claim form will be passed or rejected for proper reasons.