Gwalior is one of the major cities in the central state of Madhya Pradesh. It is an attractive tourist destination because of the various historical and cultural sites in the city. The city is also the home to many industrious and administrative offices.
With the rapid development of the city into a Smart City, the number of vehicles on the roads of the city has also increased. The Gwalior RTO works under the supervision of the RTO Madhya Pradesh and implements the rules and regulations stated in the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. The roles and responsibilities of the Gwalior RTO are not limited to the issuance and renewal of driving licenses and RC. It overlooks the development of the road transport infrastructure in the city and ensures that the public follows all the rules and regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities of RTO Gwalior:
RTO Gwalior is one of the major RTOs in Madhya Pradesh who provides services on behalf of the Government of Madhya Pradesh, Transport Department. The roles and responsibilities of the RTO Office Gwalior include:
- Issue of New Learner’s License: The RTO Office Gwalior issues a learning license to people who are over 16 years of age. The learner’s license is essential for getting a permanent license when you turn 18.
- Issue of Permanent License: You can apply for a permanent license at RTO Gwalior MP after you are 18 years old and you have a valid learner’s license.
- Adding a class of Endorsement of Driving License: If a vehicle owner wants to add an endorsement of an additional vehicle class to his/her existing driving license, then he/she can visit RTO Gwalior.
- Updating and changes in Driving License: If there are any changes like address change in your existing DL, then RTO Gwalior assists you in updating the information.
- Duplicate Driving License: You can get a duplicate DL issued in case of theft or loss of DL.
- Temporary Registration of Vehicle: Temporary registration of the vehicle is provided to you when you purchase a vehicle. But it is valid only for a month before which you have to apply for permanent registration.
- Permanent Registration: It is mandatory to have a permanent registration of your vehicle if you want to drive it on the roads in India. You can get your vehicle permanently registered at the RTO Gwalior.
- Transfer of Ownership: Transfer of ownership from the original owner to the buyer is also done at the RTO office Gwalior.
- Change of Address: Any changes like address change in your RC can be done by the RTO.
- NOC: RTO Gwalior issues NOC to anyone who requires it.
- Tax Collection: Collection of taxes like Road Tax is also done by RTO Gwalior MP on behalf of the government.
Must Read: How to apply for a Driving License online?
- Registration Certificate can also be renewed at the RTO office
- Issuance of Vehicle Fitness Certificate after the conducting of fitness test is also done by RTO Gwalior
- A driving test is also conducted for the applicants who have applied for a DL
- Both National or Local Permit is issued Gwalior RTO
Gwalior RTO Number and Address:
|Gwalior RTO Code||KA-05|
|RTO Address||Near Police Station, Aamkho Rd, Vakil Colony, Kampoo, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh - 474001|
|Gwalior RTO Number||0751-2321073|
|Jayanagar RTO Timings||10.00 AM to 5.00 PM|
Types of vehicle registration at RTO Gwalior:
- Temporary Registration: The temporary registration of the vehicle is compulsory to drive your vehicle on the roads in India. It is provided by the buyer from whom you purchase the vehicle. The registration is valid for a month and in that period you have to get your vehicle permanently registered.
- Permanent Registration: It is mandatory to get your vehicle permanently registered from the RTO near you. For vehicles in Gwalior, the RTO Gwalior offers services of permanent registration and you can go there and do so by submitting the documents along with the fees.
Motor Vehicle Insurance in Gwalior:
Buying motor vehicle insurance for all your four-wheelers and two-wheelers is mandatory to drive your vehicle on the road. Driving without valid insurance is a punishable offense. There are two distinct types of insurance that you can purchase:
- Third-Party Liability Coverage: This coverage is mandatory if you want to ply your vehicle on the roads in the country. This plan protects you from claims that arise as a result of bodily injury or damage to the third party during an accident.
- Own Damage Cover: This coverage provides you a safety net in case of damage or bodily injury to your own self during an accident. But you can opt for this policy only if you have third-party liability coverage. If you have both these plans, then this becomes comprehensive coverage.
Buying motor insurance is important not because it is mandatory but also because it protects you from the financial burden that may result from an accident. When you buy a motor insurance policy, read the terms and conditions carefully to avoid any issues at the time of filing for a claim.
1) I lost my RC. Can I get a duplicate RC from RTO Gwalior?
Yes, in case of loss you can get a duplicate RC from the RTO office Gwalior. You have to visit the RTO office with all the required documents like FIR, insurance document, PUC, etc, and the fees.
2) Can I get my vehicle insurance renewed from RTO Gwalior MP?
No, the RTO office is not responsible for vehicle insurance. You have to get your vehicle insurance renewed from the insurance company from which you have bought the plan.
3) I need an international driving license. From where can I get it?
An international driving license is issued by the Gwalior RTO. You have to apply for the international driving license with the documents and the application fees.
4) I moved to Gwalior from Bangalore. How can I get my car re-registered in Gwalior?
You can get your vehicle re-registered in Gwalior by submitting the valid documents to the RTO Gwalior MP along with the applicable fees. The documents that you need to submit include original RC, PUC, duly filled forms, insurance document, NOC from financer in case of a loan, and NOC from the previous RTO where your vehicle was registered.
5) I have bought another car. Do I need to apply for another RTO Gwalior driving license?
Unlike insurance, you do not need a separate DL for every vehicle that you drive. If you have a valid DL, then you can drive your car with the same RTO Gwalior driving license. But if the car belongs to a different class of vehicle than what is permissible on the license, then you need to add a class of vehicle to your DL to drive the car.